Cardinal Retirement Village | Independent Living

171 Graham Rd, Cuyahoga Falls, OH, 44223

Reviews of Cardinal Retirement Village | Independent Living

Margaret109470250 July 31, 2015

Cardinal Retirement Village has little apartments, and the one my mother got was completely redone, covered floors, carpet, bathroom, everything. The people that work there are wonderful. Every person that works there, even in the kitchen, the waitresses, everybody knows everybody's name. They're just lovely people. I'm very impressed with their employees. I've eaten there with her, and the food is excellent. They have a weekly menu and then a daily special. They provide a lot of recreations, but she doesn't get too involved. She socializes with people, and she goes to some of the concerts, but she is not into the games. She likes the apartment setup and the porch. It's like her own little apartment.

Caring113775950 July 13, 2015

The staff at Cardinal Retirement Village checks on me everyday, but as far as meals goes, I have to do that myself, except for dinner. Food is good some nights, and at other nights, it's not too good. I have an efficiency apartment now. I did have a one-bedroom, but it was way too expensive. They have various programs. We had one this afternoon -- and I went there for a little bit -- called Patriotic Music for Fourth for July, but it wasn't really for me, so I decided to come back. Basically what I do for my entertainment right now is use my computer.

The facility is secure. The security person is on-staff here, he lives here, and he more or less keeps an eye on the place during the night. The doors are locked too.

They could definitely improve on the meals. I think for the money that they charge the people here that they should at least give you another one.

Caring87710950 June 26, 2014

My mom liked Cardinal Retirement Village. It had a nice little patio area where my mom wanted to have some plants and a little bit of a garden. It was a screened porch area. She really liked that. The rooms were a nice size. They weren't as new and as big as others, but they were a nice size. They had lots of activities there. They had outside trips into the community, and they had a bus service.

Scott16 May 30, 2014

I like everything about Cardinal Village. The layout, lots of activities, food, and transportation. They have everything there. The facility is very nice and very clean. The staff were very friendly. The rooms are a little bit updated. It has a living room with a small bathroom and a kitchen area. They also have a patio that she really likes. They play puzzles and bingo. They also have arts and crafts and a physical therapist that would come around. One of the other main items that we like is they have transportation to take them to the dollar store and to grocery shopping. It’s a great facility.

Caring0725138 January 30, 2014

We had placed mom at Cardinal Retirement Village. The environment is very relaxed. It’s very homey and not pretentious. It's nicely and tastefully decorated without being overdone so it's very comfortable to be there. What we really like about the place was that the residents actually have an apartment to live in, not just a room so there's little kitchenette, a living room, a nice size bedroom, and a fully equipped bathroom. I really like it. They have tons of activities that take place on the premises plus they have their own bus that takes them to place and restaurant and hikes; they do walking trails. Every apartment also comes with its own private screened patio with its garden and the area around the patio is there to use. If they wish they can put furniture out there. They can garden/plant whatever they want. It's perfect; absolutely wonderful.

From Cardinal Retirement Village

Cardinal Village is a safe and secure active senior retirement community near Akron, Ohio. We offer spacious independent and assisted living living apartments as well as on-site physical, occupational and speech therapy. Our simple monthly rate includes screened-in porches, utilities, cable TV, restaurant style dining, housekeeping and maintenance, entertainment, bus transportation, physical lifestyle activities, in-room security, beauty salon and much more. Pets are also welcome. We are conveniently located in Cuyahoga Falls near the communities of Stow, Hudson, Tallmadge and Fairlawn. We do not charge any additional fees beyond the security deposit and monthly rate.

We offer spacious private apartments with an abundance of storage and outdoor living areas including private screened-in porches

Features of Cardinal Retirement Village

• Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• General store
  • Hiking trails
  • Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Therapy, live-in security, library

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition

• Private services

• Pets: All pets allowed
  • Staff patient ratio: 10:1
  • Minimum age: 55

• Monthly rent is all inclusive

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits