Basecost

Availability

Availability

Accepting inquiries

From Chateau Cupertino

Just talk to our residents. Senior living doesn’t get any better than living at Chateau Cupertino, whether you’re in retirement or just ready for the next great phase of your life. We offer the best mix of available services you can find. You will get a great place to enjoy your life and your future for very reasonable rates.

• The independence you want.
  • The community that makes it simple and enjoyable.
  • The support that gives you and your family everything you need to feel secure and content.

The Chateau is a senior, independent living community. With our rich blend of new and long time residents, you’ll be with new friends and their families sharing all the amenities that help make your life in retirement comfortable.

You will enjoy a home-like environment in your own senior apartment with two fresh served home-style meals daily, housekeeping and laundry services, all basic utilities, great activity programs, game rooms and transportation – all included!

We’re located in the heart of Silicon Valley in the town of Cupertino, just a short drive from many communities such as San Jose, Sunnyvale, Saratoga, Los Gatos, Los Altos and Mountain View which makes it convenient for family members and friends living in those surrounding areas.

Please visit us today to experience what we have to offer and reserve your place in Chateau Cupertino’s senior independent living community!

Reviews of Chateau Cupertino

Posted by Wipford June 29, 2015
4.0

I am in Chateau Cupertino. It has three floors, and I am at the bottom floor. I have a back porch that has a banister with slots on it. I have my dog here, I put her on this porch, and she can just go through the bars and go out in the grass. It is very nice for her and very nice for me. I have a one-bedroom apartment. I have two burners and a nice bathroom, and the bedroom is adequate. I have a double bed in the bedroom, and I have TVs in both rooms -- this room and in the living room. We have three meals a day except Saturday noon and Sunday night, but the food is very good. However, it is a bit bland because it has to be low salt. They take people on shopping centers almost all day. They take them out to restaurants and sometimes more than that. This afternoon, they are having happy hour from three to five. They will be serving wine and beer, and people sit around and can be served with hors d'oeuvres. My friend is a member of the literary club. They have pretty extensive programing for those who are interested. They have bingo twice a week.

It is a pretty big place, and it is very pleasant. They will provide transportation to you if you need to go to your doctor no matter where they are around the area. So, they will take you to doctor or dentist and then pick you up. Everybody is treating us very fine. Most of the workers are young girls of Mexican descent, and the cooks are excellent. We have four different entrees for supper. They have two fish dishes in every meal. Last night some people ordered Chinese chicken salad. It is so big. I cannot eat it all. So, we like it here. I am new. I have only been here for two months, but I think I am going to settle in.

Posted by Caring96079850 November 24, 2014
4.0

Chateau Cupertino is more like an apartment building. My father can do what he wants, and it feels like less institutional. It’s very affordable, but it has everything, and he would just be more independent. It is very close to my house, it was very nice, and it was clean. The staff was nice, but the sales person wasn’t very bright. I could tell she wasn’t a great sales person. She seemed very nice, but she didn’t really answer my questions like some of the other places.

This woman showed me everything, but she just didn’t have the same level of knowledge. The rooms were roomy -- even the studio apartment was roomy and bright with lots of sunrise. The dining room was a little dark, and they have assigned eating that was nice. It’s like a high school cafeteria. It wasn’t bad, but it wasn’t great. They have lots of activities; it seemed like it would be a very full day. The location is next to so much; there is a library two blocks away, shopping -- great location.

Posted by Carl6 October 25, 2014

I may end up at Chateau Cupertino because I like it there very much. The people there are evidently good people. I don’t sense that they are greedy. I sense that they are a business to take care elderly people. The location is perfect, but the only thing that worries me is that they don’t have covered parking, and I have a new car. Their apartments are really nicely done, and I don’t have any problems with them at all. Their food seemed very good, and I think it's all done in good taste. They are very professional.

Posted by Caring94034050 September 11, 2014
4.0

I am very pleased with Chateau Cupertino and the people here are most accommodating. There a couple of rooms here and the food are good. There seemed to have a lot of activities like outings and people who come in to speak on various subjects.

Posted by Caring82242650 April 22, 2014

I have Chateau Cupertino for my mom. There weren't that many independent living places around, and it was very close to where I am. The staff is very nice. They're just little 1-bedroom apartments. I had the food there; it was fine. They have bingo, and the bus takes them to the grocery store in the town, to the movies, and out to lunch. They have a card room. They have all kinds of stuff going on. It totally fits what we were looking for.

Posted by Lori18 December 02, 2013

My dad will be moving by the end of this year to Chateau. My dad likes it because it is more like a hotel with carpeted hallway. The staff is very amazing. They are very responsive and accommodating. They are very warm. They understand that this is a big decision and they have been very kind about it. Chateau is a good fit for my dad.

Posted by Caring70857850 October 19, 2013
4.0

Chateau Cupertino is a nice clean place, it is near shopping malls, but the food is not great. My aunt is happy there, they have activities every week, and I would recommend it.

Posted by Caring69991950 September 29, 2013
3.0

My sister-in-law is in an independent place at Chateau Cupertino. It is in a very nice location. She has been there for about three years now. I think the facility is okay, although I don't think it's fabulous. Aside from independent living, they've also added assisted living. The independent part is adequate for my sister-in-law right now. She has been getting some extra help because she's not entirely independent and I think they're all fine. The staff is very nice. Overall, I would recommend this place with reservations. I think it's a little bit dreary and it needs a little lightening up, like new painting and new carpeting. I think the food is good but it's not fabulous, so they could improve on this one too. Also they don't have enough activities especially for people who wants to be busy.

Posted by Gloria6 April 16, 2013
4.0

The first time I went to the Chateau Cupertino, I was really impressed. The general arrangement was very nice and uncluttered. People smiled and I had a good feeling about it. I liked that their big meal was served restaurant style. They had very nice facilities and their lady manager at that time was very nice. The second time I went, they changed managers and I was not impressed. There was something about her approach that did not make me feel welcome and comfortable. And their price was about $500 more than the other facilities I've visited, which was a negative for me.

Posted by billy89 April 01, 2013
3.0

My mother has lived there for 7 years. I love the staff. This is an independent living facility, so of course they are not trained in healthcare. If you need assistance one can hire a private caregiver. Many residents have them. I'm giving this place 3 stars because the food is so awful. One would think with all of the competition Chateau would step up and serve good food. It's getting worse and worse. Several of the residents complain about the food, but it's falling on deaf ears. Other then the food Chateau is a nice, friendly place.

Posted by ScottyW August 17, 2011

My grandmother lived at Chateau Cupertino for the last two years of her life. She was very happy there. The staff was excellent. There were many fun activities that she enjoyed and the food was good. The resources to get out were great as well. On top of that, the people that lived there were very nice and active as well. I would highly recommend Chateau Cupertino.

Posted by Jack Alexander July 22, 2011
3.0

The grounds are very nice, but I think the food is terrible. I've eaten there several times and I think it's greasy and tasteless and unimaginative. I also hear complaints from the residents about it. A lot of complaints and portions are very small (although you can easily get seconds).

The common rooms inside are old-fashioned looking. I think the hallways look dreary.

The residents' rooms are adequate and some are nice "“ it depends how someone fixes up their apartment. Each apartment has a 2-burner stove and a refrigerator.

The activities there are OK and there are outings. Their movies seem old and outdated.

With all it's problems I have heard that it's a wonderful, warm community of people.

The staff are just administrators. They're helpful, but they're not trained care for anyone no matter what. They won't even help you with blood pressure. This is strictly independent living, so if a resident's health declines, he or she has to move out or spend a lot of money to being in an outside caregiver.

Location of Chateau Cupertino

Features of Chateau Cupertino

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• General store
  • Pool
  • Shared space where residents can host parties

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Religious services
  • Book clubs

• Private services

• We charge an entry fee
  • Lowest monthly rate: 2,525
  • Highest monthly rate: 4,285
  • Monthly rent is all inclusive

• Physical therapy

• Minimum age: 40

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits

Get Details

• Get a quote
  • Learn about payment options
  • Make an appointment

By submitting this form, you agree to Caring.com's Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Agreement to be Contacted by Telephone.