The Regent | Corvallis, OR

440 NW Elks Dr, Corvallis, OR, 97330

Reviews of The Regent | Corvallis, OR

B2 April 14, 2016

The people at The Regent were very kind and invited us back for lunch; the food was very good. It was a very kind and gentle place. The rooms were very clean, and they had housekeepers if you wanted them.

Disappointed in Corvallis June 16, 2015

Since Holiday took over the Regent, the graciousness of and quality of service has steadily decreased. The food is not very good. Poorly prepared, cheap ingredients, odd menu combinations. If you are at the end of the serving line, you menu items will likely be out. I would rate it at grade B cafeteria level food. ($4.00/day/resident) It is clear that Holiday considers Corvallis to be a lower priority because there are only two independent living residence and they own both. No competition. Very corporate business attitude with very little concern for the comfort or quality of life of their residents. They are chronically short staffed on purpose. They have no substitutes to call in, so residents frequently have to "be understanding" about their rooms not being cleaned, service being even slower than usual or the meal menu being changed to something that can be prepared by non-kitchen staff members. They shortened meal times to one hour (unlike the hour and half stated on the web site) to reduce payroll costs. Residents are expected to arrive at 8, 12, 5, late arrivals are discouraged because it causes more work. Staff are not allowed to work more hours as needed (unless, of course they are salaried, the resident mgrs have to pick up all the slack or the residents get short shrift. The local staff are, for the most part, sincere, friendly and kind and do the best they can with the time they are allowed. Turnover is higher than it used to be (pre-Holiday).

Hi, I'm Katie - I work at Holiday Retirement's Home Office. First, let me say how sorry I am that you're having a negative experience at The Regent. Second, thank you for writing a sincere review. You pointed out several specific areas for improvement and I appreciate that- it's reviews from residents and their families that make us better. I've passed your review on to our Resident Relations department so they can investigate further and take action, but would appreciate it if you could call them as well, since you seem to have a very firm grasp on how Holiday can deliver a higher quality of resident service. Their phone number is 1-800-370-8331. Thank you, Katie

Anonymous106350050 May 24, 2015

I thought The Regent was very nice, and the people were very friendly. The facility seemed quite adequate. It was great. It was not exactly what I was looking for though. The rooms and apartments were spacious enough. I was very impressed with it.

Mr C June 11, 2014

My wife likes The Regent. What she liked about it was it was practically across the street from Corvallis Hospital, and she was enchanted with the idea of possibly doing some community work there. It’s also down the block from a mall and a bank. That was the thing that turned her on. It’s an attractive community; it was presentable and neatly put together. It has free admission on buses for the senior citizens. The food was fine. However, 4/5 of their activities are more of the sitting stuff, like playing cards, watching a movie, listening to a speaker, arts and crafts, jigsaw puzzles, other board games, music, sing-a-longs, and bingo. They do not encourage muscle tone and blood circulation.

From The Regent

The Regent is located in Corvallis, OR, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to The Regent for a visit...and stay!

Located across from Good Sam Hospital and rite below the Corvallis Clinic on Elks Dr. Avery quiet and peacefull neighborhood that has vertualy no crime. We are close to Shopping and Grocery stores, Doctors and Pharmacies, Restaraunts and the city bus stops right in front of our building. We are a smaller community than most we only have 84 apartments, So if you are overwhelmed by crowds and lots of noise from the larger communities Ther Regent is the perfect place for you.

Features of The Regent

• Minimum Rate $1399/month
  • Fee Structure Extra We Offer A Month To Month Rental

• Companion Suites We Offer Companion Suites
  • Housing Extra Both Small And Large Studios Available

• Dining Extra Private Dining Room

• Features Extra Community Kitchen, Billards And Poker Table, Walking Path, Library, Fitness Room/Gym

• Technology Extra Emergency Call System

• Activities Extra Casino Trips And Other Various Outings And Excuersions, Zumba Gold, Painting Class

• Home Sale Assistance