Harbor Place

5518 Lipes Blvd, Corpus Christi, TX, 78413

Reviews of Harbor Place

Caring113844950 September 30, 2015

Harbor Place was very home and warm. The people living there would go by while I was sitting at the lobby and they would go "Oh, hi! Are you moving in?" or "Welcome! We hope you like it here". It was very nice. I liked it because it was very clean. It didn't smell like old folks, although there were a lot of old folks there. I found it very nice. They had activities on a daily basis. There were four or five activities you could do a day. They had a beautiful workout room and a swimming pool. They would take you on shopping place, and there were two days a week when they go shopping. They would take you to any doctor's appointments as well.

When I first started the tour, the staff told me that I was welcome to stay on a luncheon, but I said I would not do it at that time. However, after I sat in the lobby when we were all through with the tour she went to the office to get a brochure for me. A lady came in from outside and she said to me, "Oh you're gonna have lunch with us?". I said "No. I think I'm gonna leave", and she said "Oh, you need to have lunch with us. You know, the food is good". I told the lady I changed my mind. She said: "I'm gonna sit you in a table with some ladies that you will be comfortable with". I was very comfortable, and they were very nice. What amazed me was that you had your choice of food. They had two different kinds of menus for the lunch period, and they would ask which one would you want. They had four or five salads that you could choose from. The rooms were very nice and clean. I was amazed that you could decorate outside your apartment.

Barbara111197150 July 31, 2015

Harbor Place is a 3-storey, and the elevator is horrible. It’s supposed to be independent living, but we’ve got people with hospice here, we’ve got a company that helps the people. There are a number of people here that do not belong here, they belong in assisted care. When we first moved in three years ago, it was an excellent place. It now has a new manager, and to my way of thinking, the manager is not trained to be a manager. The compassion level is nowhere near where it should be. When we moved in to a community, a very loving warm community, and we now live in a hotel; that’s the only way I would described it.

Hi Barbara, I'm Katie, I work at Holiday Retirement Home Office. Although it pains me to read this review, I appreciate you being so candid and bringing this to our attention. I've sent your feedback to our Resident Relations team here at Home Office for their review. You've expressed your concerns very well, but please note that you are welcome to call them if you have any more details to add: 1-800-370-8331 It's feedback from our residents, their families, and visitors that helps us improve our business so a sincere thank you once more. Katie

Caring110753050 July 21, 2015

Harbor Place was the best we visited. They had friendly staff. They explained everything, so as our options. The ones that we saw were smaller rooms, and they all felt very homey. They didn't feel like apartments or like what I thought a senior living would be. The food was good. Our dining experience was nice -- it's not cafeteria style. A wait staff comes and takes your order on what you want to eat. The have frequent trips to shopping centers and event functions around town, and they provide the transportation to and from them. The only concern that I had was it was a little more expensive than some of the other places. Not by a whole bunch, just enough to be a little cause for concern when you try to work on a senior's budget.

Caring107257350 May 28, 2015

I liked the way that the people at Harbor Place were mostly independent living than assisted living. It was more or less wide open, had a nice dining room, and was three stories tall. You can have an oak suite if you wanted, or you can have a small apartment; they had all kinds of stuff. They had a popcorn machine, they had movie nights, and they also have a computer room, and also you can hook up your own computer, which was one of the things that I liked. I met a person who became my friend there, and there were quite a few people who were helpful, nice, and courteous.

Faye7 May 13, 2015

Harbor Place was good. We were just not ready to do anything like this. The food was very good. The rooms were very nice, and the space was good.

Caring95994750 October 28, 2014

Harbor Place was recommended by a health care provider and I went and checked them out and like them better than any of the others that I went to visit. My overall experience was pretty good. They're very friendly and helpful. I've been really happy except for the problems with pigeons on the patios. The surroundings and the rooms are very nice. I've eaten there and the food is very good. They have card games, bingo, movies, and water aerobics on the pool outside. They have days when they take the residents to Wal-Mart or to local grocery stores. My dad has been in this community a little over a year.

Jane43 May 29, 2014

We visited Harbor Place. This facility needs to be updated. Their staff was lovely, though. However, in regards to lunch, my husband was very upset because he asked for something, and they said that they had already run out of it. The food could have been improved. When you run out of something, you have run out of it, and that is not a very good thing to put in an incoming person's head.

Caring55179550 March 27, 2014

I am in Harbor Place, and I chose it because of the price. The staff is very good. They have studio, 1-bedroom and 2-bedroom apartments. They also have 7cottages that you can rent, but they are usually full. The food and the dining are both good. They have every activity you can imagine. They have bingo. They bring in private bands to play country and western. They are going to have a Mardi Gras celebration, and last week they took some people out to a restaurant to eat. They have daily bus service to Walmart, large grocery stores, and doctors.

Caring81996150 March 27, 2014

We also went to Harbor Place, and I liked it a lot. It was bigger and had more residents. I thought because of that, they had a lot more activities and things available. The residents there all seemed really upbeat and enjoyed being there. The staff was excellent. Actually, my father and I went back another time to ask some more questions, and they all came over right away, introduced themselves, and wanted to see if there was anything more they could help us with. They were extremely helpful. I liked the energy of the people and the energy of the staff. The food was very good. They had a nice method. You had your entrée but they came through with a serving tray, so you could choose your salad and your soup or a fruit. It was nice to be able to do it in that format because you could see what it was before you chose. The only thing that I felt was a detriment there was the hour that the laundry area was open because it was a little limited, but it was just minor.

All Alone Donna January 16, 2014

I was a resident here for about nine months. The employees seem overworked and the live-in managers seemed stressed. There were quite a few "rules" residents are required to follow, some reasonable, some not so reasonable. But almost always enforced. The building was nicely decorated, clean and well cared for. Meals were OK, restaurant style but very rigid as far as time and menus. They never had enough staff so meals took a very long time with a lot of waiting. These are things I never dared express while I was there, because I knew they would not be received well. I was not exactly miserable there, but wanted a little more flexibility in my life since I'm used to being independent. I ended up buying a home but eventually moved to another more accommodating facility.

Caring75844950 December 27, 2013

I did a short visit at Harbor Place. It seemed nice and clean. They showed me a one bedroom, the living room and dining room. The staff was very nice. She knew what she was talking about. I liked it because it's cheaper than the others.

Caring72160950 October 28, 2013

Harbor Place is our choice because of a combination of things. The facility is nice and fresh, it is reasonably priced, and it has a great location. It is in Corpus Christi and that's where we wanted to go because there was a lot of doctor's facility and things like that around. There is nothing wrong with the other facilities we visited, it's just that Harbor Place is the best value and it is very nice. The rooms are neat and clean. They have nice floorplans. The staff seems cordial. They have a wide range of activities including everything from movies to church, etc. There's also have bingo, dances, etc.

Gary18 July 24, 2013

I went to Harbor Place and that was a very nice place. The staff was really nice. I have good things to say about it.

From Harbor Place

Harbor Place is located in Corpus Christi, TX, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Harbor Place for a visit...and stay!

Features of Harbor Place

• Housing extra: Cottages

• Hiking trails

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Dining extra: Private dining room