The Waterford at Columbia

9370 Windsor Lake Blvd, Columbia, SC, 29223

Reviews of The Waterford at Columbia

September 07, 2015

The Waterford was more independent living than an assisted living. It was OK. They had not just rooms, but apartments too. I would recommend it if you do not need a lot of services because you had to hire your own nurses, but it was very impressive. They had a lovely lobby and a library, and it was in a very top scale place. It seemed to me like they had a good staff.

June 25, 2015

By E.Gebreamlak

My grandparents were living in this facility until 6/25/2015 and moved due to Waterford's BED BUG INFESTION. We always thought the place was nice and clean, decent meals, nice staff. Please check with consumer affairs regarding this facility or any others for yourself or loved ones.

April 25, 2015

By Cynthia45

I toured Waterford at Columbia, and I was impressed with the overall atmosphere. The dining room was well presented and well lit. The staff presented a very caring attitude. They have their own bus, and they take them out for excursions or shopping. The management was very engaging. The living areas were nice and clean.

March 23, 2015

By Penry G.

My mother has been living at the Waterford for 2 years, and we have had VERY few problems with anything. The staff is stellar and caring and friendly. We have never had any sort of issues with theft or abuse of ANY ANY kind. I HIGHLY recommend the Waterford for the independent living senior. The small kitchens are adequate enough to cook any meal, yet all meals are provided in a beautiful dining room. And if that is an issue, meals can be delivered to the rooms. My mom is in a studio apartment which she had painted to suit her desires (sage green, in fact). They have been accommodating and kind at every turn. Many social activities are offered--even live music in the dining room for Valentine's Day, for example. This is a NON medical facility, but many residents have aides who help them with their day to day living. My mother loves her housekeeper, who takes good care of the cleaning needs in her studio apt. The grounds are always pretty, and you often see a resident or two walking their little dogs around. I don't have too much negative to say at all. There are 3 people from my church alone now living there, and I am constantly recommending this place to friends. Check it out if you have a friend or relative who needs this sort of safe and friendly environment.

September 30, 2014

By Frank30

Years ago we were at a meeting where we met the salesperson, and when we started looking for a facility, we called them and went over had lunch at The Waterford. They have nice things, but they’re all inside like apartments. It was spacious and had a full kitchen, but they didn’t have a washer and dryer in the units; you had to go to a laundry room. We only met the salesperson and she was nice. We ate in the dining room; the food was good, but there was complete silence. There was no interaction between the people that were eating; it was kind of strange. Its hallways weren’t nice and elegant, and they must improve on their decors. But we felt the place is safe.

March 31, 2014

I found my sister a place to go. It’s an independent living situation. The rooms are quite large, and they're unfurnished. They serve three meals a day. They have a lot of activities going on. My sister likes to play bingo, and they take bus trips. Everybody seems to be really friendly. She likes it there, and that's important. I'm just glad she's safe now. She was not safe in her own home. I think everybody who lives at Waterford really likes being out there.

September 26, 2013

By SunnyMoon

The Waterford at Columbia was my first choice. It was an elegant place and I was treated like royalty. I liked the people and the staff. Everybody was so friendly and open and any questions we had they were right there to answer. They were very knowledgeable about their facility. They had a lot of stuff going on. But it was not affordable for my mother.

June 29, 2012

By Edward2

We have had holiday meals there, visits with grandma, drop-ins at the facility, and the atmosphere is always pleasant, and grandma loves it there. She enjoys the activities that the Waterford provides, such as trips to church, Wal-Mart for shopping, and other outings. The facility is very clean, the employees are always friendly and accommodating, and there is a sense of life within the Waterford. I've visited other facilities that seem to have the feel of people just waiting to die. Dark rooms, multiple beds in what has a hospital room feel - it's very depressing. The Waterford is lively, and there are multiple gathering areas, and the lunchroom and dinner area is very bright and vibrant. There are games to play and a workout room for the residents as well. If I could afford to put my own grandmother into such a nice place, and she was willing to go, the Waterford would be my first choice.

Photos of The Waterford at Columbia

Features of The Waterford at Columbia

About The Waterford at Columbia

Experience the utmost in Southern hospitality at The Waterford at Columbia. Our desired amenities and convenient services welcome residents to live a vibrant lifestyle that encourages independence with innovative recreational, educational, health and wellness programs. Our Independent Living community in Columbia, South Carolina, offers spacious studio, one- and two-bedroom apartments in a comfortable environment with luxuries such as walk-in closets and full-sized appliances in some homes. From the thoughtfully designed floor plans to the world-class service and myriad recreational and social opportunities, residents may just find that we have thought of everything. Our community is rich in features that provide comfort and freedom without the hassles of cooking, cleaning and maintenance. Professional and courteous staff members are available 24 hours a day and can assist with transporting residents to some of the area’s numerous shopping, dining and entertainment options. Located between a major interstate and highway but surrounded by beautiful tall trees with a lake next door, the community allows easy access to medical facilities and pharmacies.

Map of The Waterford at Columbia