Forest Pines

1720 Devonshire Dr, Columbia, SC, 29204

Reviews of Forest Pines

Anonymous107493850 November 16, 2015

I liked Forest Pines very much. I just couldn't afford it. For a one-hour visit, the staff was delightful and lovely. The rooms were clean, updated, and in a very desirable environment with central air and nice views. The rooms varied in size. The food was great, too.

Caring111919950 August 21, 2015

The Forest Pines was a nice place and convenient, but my wife didn’t like the fact that there is no need of cooking there. Location was an advantage, but that would not fit due to lack of mobility at this point. The staff was nice.

Bernard7 July 29, 2015

I liked Forest Pines because it was clean, had meals, and was secured. The rooms were also very clean and secured. It was small and had no cooking facility in the room, but they had a microwave. They had weekly shopping and movies. I would say they had adequate activities, but not a whole lot. They could improve on their transportation hours because they were limited like from 9 to 1, so they should expand transportation opportunities.

Caring105465750 June 13, 2015

Forest Pines was nice; my problem is it’s in the middle of town and its surrounding area would not be the place that I would walk out and walk during the evening. I like the food better there, and the place was clean.

Lois22 April 25, 2015

The coordinator of Forest Pines was very well informed, and people knew them. I can’t believe how good the food was. The apartments were very nice and very well kept. They have buses for shopping, doctor’s appointments, and stuff like that. It was just very well put together.

Ina1 February 10, 2015

I thought the staff at Forest Pines was really helpful and friendly. We looked at several apartments, and they were spacious. They had lots of activities every day. They had picture puzzles, word games, chess clubs, cards, billiards, bingo, and a lot more. They provide three meals a day. It is a nice facility. The manager has been calling me for weeks, and I met with him last Tuesday. I thought he was really helpful. We were concerned about the logistics of getting my mother and her belongings down here from New Jersey, and he told us that if she were to live there, they will allow to her to stay in one of the model apartments for a week until her belongings came and her apartment gets set up.

Frank30 September 30, 2014

Forest Pines is a chain of Holiday plan where you can go to any other place and stay free. They were very nice, it was more like being on a cruise ship, everything is furnished and we liked the staff. The residents were friendly but it was just a little pricey and it was all confined in one building. The rooms were very nice, two bedrooms, all had balconies, spacious, and were very nice. The dining room was nice and clean. The wait help was very nice and the food was good. The people were interacting there so we liked it. They have activity rooms, card, and meeting rooms. The security and the safety of the place were excellent.

Mary90398650 September 29, 2014

I moved here the end of April (2014) -- a couple of months after my husband passed away -- and I’ve been extremely pleased with Forest Pines. I realized with my health problems I couldn’t live at home by myself, and there’s no reason for me to be alone in a housein addition to my mobility issues. The staff is excellent, and they have several activities here. They have a daily card game or bridge game, bingo, and movies three times a week. They have exercise classes, a dance going on, and they have weekly trips to like Walmart or a grocery store. If you have time to participate and are interested, there is stuff going on. It’s a very modern place about ten years old and it’s extremely clean. The dining room and the halls are clean. The dining room holds about a hundred people because there’s about a hundred residents here; its restaurant style serving. Occasionally if I don’t have something I like, I will pick something simple, but they provide the meals for you and most of the time it is good. The grounds are clean too. I love this place. I didn’t see any reason wasting my time comparing it with other places.

Caring82670450 July 31, 2014

Forest Pines was nice. The dining room was nice and the food was good. We saw a single room, we liked it and it was updated. The staff seemed to be nice and friendly. They have a lot of activities and they have tours.

Margaret38 May 10, 2014

The managers are wonderful at Forest Pines. The activity director is wonderful, but they have a problem scheduling activities. The food is just great. The rooms are beautiful. Mine has a living room and a bedroom. I've got a huge computer desk, a full-length couch, a recliner, and credenza for my TV. They do have bingo, movies on Friday, they have bean bag baseball, and they bring in wonderful entertainment. I am not moving. But they could get their act together with their scheduling on the activities.

Caring75249350 December 17, 2013

We got my mom in a place that's really good and we're happy with it. It is called Forest Pines. We chose this facility because it was in a town and city where she lived just about her whole life, so it is a familiar area to her. Also it will cause the least amount of disruption to her personal life and memory basically. The facility is four- or five stories and almost like a hotel. It has a really nice lobby area, a very nice dining facility, a library, a game room and gathering rooms. It is an independent living facility but there is assistance there that they also provide. However, this is not a facility that is close by to us because we all live in different states, so being able to visit her is next to impossible. It is also a tough transition for my mother but she is doing as well as anybody could do. She wasn't happy the day when she moved in, but now, she is growing to accepting it more and more. Her room is very good and spacious. It is clean, very well lit and safe. She has her own dining area, a living area, and a bedroom that is a separate room. There is plenty of closet space and a very nice walk-in shower, which is really important to us. Food is very good and they offer a very wide variety. They have very nice activities for their residents. They have more activities than my mom will ever participate in. They have tailgate parties for professional and college football games, bridge tournaments, bingo nights, and a lot of musicians that will come and play.

Caring70295950 June 25, 2013

I looked for a place for my aunt and found Forest Pines. She chose this place and she'll be moving there this week. It's a nice place. It's clean and well kept. They have lots of activities. I ate there and the food was good.

Caring2159 June 13, 2013

We lived at Forest Pines and it was a terrible place to live and it's very expensive. I felt like we were living in a school. They were big turnover of managers. The food was not good. You had to be at the dining room at a particular time. If you are not there, you have to wait until you are served later on after everyone else is served. We had a two bedroom, two bath; no full kitchen or refrigerator. The place was not clean although the staff were very lovely. The staff that cleans the rooms was very good. They worked hard, but didn't get paid for what they were worth. The managers, many of them, did not know what they were doing.

BatyKarrett December 22, 2012

Forest Pines is an amazing facility. The staff are all incredibly friendly, attentive, and protective of the residents. The atmosphere is welcoming, and the decor beautiful and comfortable. While there is only one elevator for the entire three-level building, getting around appears pretty convenient for the residents. They provide beauty and health services, games and activities (there is a charming "puzzle floor", presentations and small concerts in the foyer, the food is delicious, and the rooms are big and full of light. My grandmother has lived there for several years now, and has no complaints whatsoever. It gives her the opportunity to have a college-like experience, with social activities and people coming by her room at all hours of the day. They all get together to cheer on their favorite football team and tailgate in the TV room. The staff is always available whenever she needs help, and they are always happy to see her. This place really is incredible. I'm so happy that my grandmother gets to live there, and that I had the opportunity to see it for myself.

From Forest Pines

Forest Pines is located in Columbia, SC, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Forest Pines for a visit...and stay!

Features of Forest Pines

• Hiking trails

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Dining extra: Private dining room