Sunridge

5820 Flintridge Dr, Colorado Springs, CO, 80918

Reviews of Sunridge

Joann28 December 15, 2015

From what I saw, Sunridge was very nice. I met one person who was extremely nice and courteous. She told me that any time I wanted to come back to visit with my son-in-law’s father just to feel free to come. I was impressed with the surroundings. It’s a very nice complex. I know where a few of the other places are in town, and I think this is one of the nicer ones. The grounds and buildings are good. It’s well taken care of.

Bill109451350 November 22, 2015

Sunridge is a good place. It has clean surroundings and nice rooms. I was able to eat there during my visit. They had servers and had it set up like a restaurant with several choices on the menu.

Nancy113782450 September 30, 2015

My husband is living in Sunridge. They are wonderful. The staff is great. They are very helpful and friendly. The facility is absolutely beautiful. Their amenities are outstanding. They have craft and exercise classes. They have a car show and a barbeque out on the lawn on the first weekend. They have a luau one Saturday in the dining room. They do wonderful things. Their food is excellent. They have an excellent chef. She is wonderful. They are not only very reasonably priced, but they are outstanding.

Caring109918350 July 13, 2015

I visited Sunridge, they had only a one-bedroom, and it was well above my means to pay because it was three meals a day. The staff was absolutely wonderful. She was on another tour when I arrived, and the manager began my tour with me. I did eat there, the food was wonderful, and the dining area was very nice. As a matter of fact, their chef is the top senior housing chef in their whole system, and she was the one who convinced me to stay for lunch.

The rooms were too small. I was willing to look at a one-bedroom with a den, but they didn't have that. They have only one-bedrooms or two-bedrooms. The two-bedroom was $1,500 more than the one-bedroom, and I couldn't afford the one-bedroom, so it is not on my shortlist. They showed me the activities list, and they have a once a week grocery shopping, away trips, and visits like up in the mountains or day trips, and they have their own bus. They did not have garages, which was one of my requisites. They did have some covered parking that they charge extra for, and there weren't very many spots. I would describe it as excellent, but it did not meet my needs in regard to size.

Richard109054950 July 04, 2015

I visited Sunridge. It was well kept, and the food was good. The people and the staff were very helpful and friendly.

Caring105510050 June 04, 2015

My dad is in Sunridge. The food is very good, and I think the staff treats the people very nicely. They have a lot of games like pokeno and watercolor. They make birdhouses. They go to Cripple Creek. They play bingo, and they show movies. They have a bus that takes them on Tuesday and Thursdays to doctors, the bank, or shopping and all that. They seem very clean. They serve three meals a day, and it is a couple of miles from a hospital.

Nancy107606450 May 28, 2015

Sunridge was not an assisted living, something we needed at that time. They were very friendly. They took us on a tour, and the price was OK. They really helped the seniors there as much as they could to make sure that the seniors helped each other. The one that my mother could afford was a studio. Then a one-bedroom came available, and we chose the one-bedroom. The food was very good.

Caring105337550 May 12, 2015

We spent one night in Sunridge right around Christmas and New Year. We are trying to get back into the place because we were pleased with it. My husband is meeting with the VA today because they are supposed to help us. The room we spend the night is furnished but very small. I would love to have one bigger. The refrigerator was so tiny that it was under the counter. You couldn't really put anything in it except for a couple of drinks. I know they have activities there because they have an activity room, but we actually did not participate in it. It was Saturday night to Sunday, and I did not think there was something going on then. I've never have any other experience with any other place, but we liked it well enough to want to go back. We are selling our house down here, and I've been packing up and getting ready. In general, I like the community.

Caring101117450 March 08, 2015

We are very happy that we picked Sunridge. I think that the management team is very warm, the food is very good, and the residents seemed very happy. My mom’s room was very spacious. It didn’t feel like an institution to me; it felt more like family. It is independent living, but we have people come in and take care of my mom.

Terri31 February 20, 2015

We did not care for Sunridge. It felt very dated. The residents were clean, but it didn't have an energy about it, and we were a little disappointed because that one was really close, and we thought we would like that. The person who gave the tour was very nice, and the staff was nice. It was easy to get around. The rooms were pretty generously sized.

Rudolph1 October 25, 2014

I visited Sunridge. Their living quarters were great, and the facility was immaculate -- same with the dining area. They have an exercise room and a ballroom where they had activities. The staff was outstanding; they explained everything very well. I wouldn’t mind living there.

James94184150 August 29, 2014

One key factor why we chose Sunridge for my brother-in-law is that it was close to us and so, it would be easy for us to provide the things that he needs. The facility is a very well-run community. The grounds are well maintained and they also have two manager couples who live in the building who are also available 24/7. They have very good meals. They have a chef on staff who's been there for I think, 10 or 15 years, and prepares very good meals. The residents were very friendly and they do have a lot of activities that he would enjoy participating in. They also provide transportation. The staff are very helpful and friendly. They try to accommodate whatever needs he has. He has one room with a large bathroom that is handicap accessible, and a kitchenette and it is well maintained. They also have a very reasonable price.

Karla5 January 31, 2014

We moved my mother-in-law at Sunridge last November. They have been really nice. It's like a family there. The seniors are very welcoming. The staff is also extremely welcoming. They have time for any of our questions. They're really helpful with my mother-in-law adjusting there. At first, she did have a little bit of adjustment trouble. She was sick the instance she moved in. However, they were very nice and they called us at home when there's a problem. The room that she is in is very nice indeed. It's big and airy and it has a view of the mountains. Also the size of the room is very good for the price. So budget-wise, it would stretch her dollar further, which is really important to us. My husband previously was a chef and it was important for him to find a place where the food would be good. Also his mother likes good food. Fortunately, at Sunridge, they have a chef that has been there for over 20 years now. We ate two meals there before we moved her in and it was really good. For activities, they have exercise classes and weekly swimming class. They have other activities too, but those were the ones that are most important to us. At the facility, they also have a small chapel for Sunday services. They would hold small church gathering there. My mother-in-law is at an assisted living level, but she is in an independent place that has home health care. People would come in and do home health care for her. It's an efficient way for us. It also stretches her dollar longer. We really like it because it's really giving us the control to be really involved in her health care. We are able to help make decision on what's going on and meet the people that are actually caring for her, so that's really good too. Overall, it's exactly what we wanted and I think the most important thing is that people there are all caring. It's really a nice community.

From Sunridge

Sunridge is located in Colorado Springs, CO, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Sunridge for a visit...and stay!

Features of Sunridge

• Hiking trails

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Dining extra: Private dining room