Crosswood Oaks

6650 Crosswoods Circle, Citrus Heights, CA, 95621

Reviews of Crosswood Oaks

September 30, 2016

By Cheri201151

Crosswood Oaks is off the road a little bit more, and they have a lot of wildlife over there. They have pheasants, bunnies, squirrels, and ducks. Right down to the property is a park and the Sylvan Oaks Library. The residents are allowed to go out and can go whenever they want to, but they have to sign out. They have an exercise room. If they want even more exercise, they're right across the street from 24 Hour Fitness. They had a storage locker, too, for the residents. The rooms are well maintained and spacious enough. They don’t have as many decorations, but I think they’re going to be revamping that.

August 17, 2016

By sissyt

We just placed my father in-law in a one bedroom apartment at Crossword Oaks this summer. It was a difficult across country move and the folks at the facility really accommodated the process. We were impressed with the folks and the setup of the facility. So far my father-in-law is enjoying his apartment, dining set-up and is meeting other veterans like himself. It eases my mind that there is Home health office there, and they have an aging in place program that will provide services to meet his needs as they occur.

July 11, 2016

By Mary146851

I'm living in Crosswood Oaks. It's very friendly. There are places to walk and a book club. The staff is helpful. They serve lunch and dinner, and you're pretty much on your own during breakfast. They have a bus, and you can arrange to use it up to seven miles away. It's really green, and they have animals outside that you can watch.

May 11, 2016

By Loving DaugherTJXDY

Crosswood Oaks was very nice, sunshiny, and bright, and the amenities were not brand new but in really good condition. They had storage units, pull cords, and a large vanity in the bathroom. Most of the time in other places, I’ve seen just a sink and a little ledge around the sink to put powders, lotions, or soap; this one had a larger vanity, so that was nice, and walk-in showers. It had a balcony or a patio whether you’re downstairs or upstairs, and also a bus for transportations. The staff was very friendly. They served lunch and dinner, and they also checked on the resident if that person doesn’t show up for a meal. The reason I didn’t choose this one, even though I really liked it, is because we just couldn’t afford it.

February 26, 2016

By Caring Daughter120146450

My mother-in-law was placed at Crosswood Oaks for six months. It was close to my home, which was a plus, and allowed the family to come in and spend the night when residents are sick. Instead of having to put my mother-in-law in a full assisted living facility, it was a lot easier to keep her there. They also had a nurse on staff that would come and check on my mother-in-law every hour and bring her meals. The facility was very nice and had a country setting with turkeys and rabbits running around the place. My mother-in-law got attached to the rabbits and would feed them every day. They also had a beauty parlor. What attracted me most was that it didn’t feel like a hospital. It had more of a homey, welcoming feeling to it, so I really liked that. At first, the food was really good, but then they changed the cook toward the end, so it started to taste different. My mother-in-law wasn’t eating toward the end anyway, but they did have a menu and specials. If you didn’t want what they were serving, you could always have a hamburger, chicken nuggets, chicken pot pies, scrambled eggs, or grilled cheese sandwich. It wasn’t the most expensive place, but it wasn’t the cheapest place either. I thought the rates were reasonable. She had a bedroom and a living room with a kitchenette. They did the cleaning for her once a week, and there was a laundry facility right there. The staff was wonderful. I never had a problem with them. If I called or needed something, they were always there to help me. If my mother-in-law needed something, they always were there to help her, too.

September 30, 2015

By Scott29

My mom and dad are at Crosswood Oaks. The facility is really good. They offer a lot of services for the monthly fee more than anybody else really did. Everybody was very helpful. They love the food. They have a one bedroom apartment, but it’s roomy enough for what they have. It has a really good walk-in closet which they enjoyed. They do bingo there, and they also have an exercise room. They have a shopping day, and they take them to doctor's appointment.

June 26, 2015

Our grandma is in Crosswood Oaks. We are really happy with it. It is a great facility. They have all the accommodations that she needs. They make lunch and early dinner for the residents, and they have different trips that the residents can take. They have a calendar with a lot of activities, so they are very active. The staff is great, and the facility is clean. It is definitely a place I would recommend. It has lots of trees. There are bunnies running around the meadow area and turkeys gobbling all over the place. They have a really beautiful serene atmosphere.

April 25, 2015

Crosswood Oaks had a very nice country setting. It wasn't as sterile as some of the assisted living places. It is a lot homier, and it has a nice environment. I have lived in this neighborhood for 34 years, and I've never seen this place. I never came down the street where this place was, and I was actually shocked how nice it was and the fact that it even existed in my neighborhood. I looked at all of the ones that I was referred to and a few others on top of that from friends of my mom and stuff like that. And while she was in a nursing care facility, I looked at this place, and I told her, "I think I found a nice place." I even brought her younger brother, his wife, and my cousins to look at it, and they were pretty surprised. I was surprised, too. I selected an apartment that was a longer distance away from the dining facility to get my mother mobile. There, they get a lot of mobility as far as moving around and socializing, and that was the big key right there -- the socialization. It is very clean, very country style setting, lots of oak trees, and a variety of wildlife that I've known existed in this neighborhood, but I didn't know existed in this complex. They have a variety of activities for the residents.

Photos of Crosswood Oaks

Features of Crosswood Oaks

About Crosswood Oaks

Picture yourself enjoying the carefree, independent lifestyle you desire in a private community nestled amongst majestic California Oaks. Established in 1976, Crosswood Oaks in Citrus Heights, CA, blends nature with refinement throughout. In the lobby, intimate conversation areas are tucked beside a cozy fireplace. The wall of windows, soaring high to allow natural light to filter in, enhance the massive ceiling beams. The loft above is a favorite gathering spot of our residents. At Crosswood Oaks you'll find time to do the things you've always wanted to do, because we take care of the details.

Our spacious apartments are rented on a monthly basis, with no initial investment other than a cleaning/security deposit. Your monthly fee covers 24 hour staffing for peace of mind, country-club style dining, housekeeping services, transportation and a full program of recreational opportunities.

With such thoughtful conveniences provided, you can take full advantage of the many amenities at Crosswood Oaks.

Map of Crosswood Oaks