Senior Suites of Chatham

8300 S. Cottage Grove, Chicago, IL, 60619

Reviews of Senior Suites of Chatham

February 27, 2014

By Carolyn34

I saw the Senior Suites of Chatham but I don't think they had assisted living because at that time we were looking for just senior independent-living apartments. The only thing I didn't like about them is the rooms looked like the dimensions were a little smaller but the place itself was really nice. I liked them as far as the way the building was made and the fact that the Department of Aging is attached to the building so that the tenants in that building would have the option if they wanted to go down and participate with some of the meals, the movies, the programs that go on during the day at the Department of Aging center. What I didn't like about it is just the neighborhood is a little rough but if you're getting dropped off or coming there, they do have a little parking lot and it is right on the bus line on a busy street. There are shopping, stores and businesses along there. They have a lounge on each floor. They have a washer and dryer and most of them have that on the floor. The rooms were nice. They always have the little models that are really cute and they don't put a big couch in there. They may put a love seat so the room looks bigger than the living room part. They have a dining where you could come down there and sit or you could have meals delivered at a certain time if you want to pay for that. They have security. What we didn't like about it is that after a certain time at night, you couldn't get buzzed in. If someone came to visit after 8:30 at night, someone would have to come down and let them in. That I didn't like because unless you had a key coming in, you'd have to be dressed or come down.

February 24, 2014

By Beverly28

I like all the activities that Senior Suites of Chaham have for their seniors. They have the line dancing and they take the residents to shopping. They have different activities. They give them different party themes during the summer. They have a gym and beauty shop and that is really nice. The staff are very interactive and very caring. They want to make sure everything is okay and they seem to know the residents in the facility. I have eaten there and the food is very nutritious. It looks good and it tastes good. The residents also seemed to like it.

Photos of Senior Suites of Chatham

Features of Senior Suites of Chatham

• Fee Structure Extra: We Participate In The Choice Housing Vocuher Program With Cha

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites

About Senior Suites of Chatham

Senior Suites of Chatham in Chicago offers 90 studio and one bedroom affordable senior apartment homes. Our senior housing community is also the site of the Chicago's Department of Senior Services' satellite senior center. Our residents have the unique opportunity to participate in all the programs and events the senior center offers without leaving the comfort of their community! Income qualified residents, 62 years old and better, enjoy complimentary laundry facilities, spacious, well appointed community areas designed for opportunities for social engagement and camaraderie as well as Wellness Everyday programs throughout the month. Schedule a tour and visit our Chatham affordable income housing community today.

Map of Senior Suites of Chatham