Senior Suites of Central Station

1400 S. Indiana Avenue, Chicago, IL, 60605

Reviews of Senior Suites of Central Station

Caring102915550 February 27, 2015

I liked that it was very quiet, and the people seemed to be an intelligent group. They had amazing residents. The people seemed to know each other, and these are the kind of people I would like to know. The apartments were small, but very nice. They didn't have a dining room, and it didn't have a swimming pool. They had washing machines on every floor, so you don't have to go down in the basement. Everything was very convenient in Senior Suites. The staff was very nice. The security was very good. They had card games and Scrabble. Good impression when you walk in, very elegant, kind of upper class, and an excellent location.

Caring 9415 July 07, 2014

The apartment at Senior Suites of Central Station was so small. Well, I thought it was kind of small for me, anyway. They showed me a sample of one that was ready, but it was empty. The staff was OK, pleasant. I liked the location.

Thank you very much for taking the time to include your review of Senior Suites of Central Station. I do understand your comments regarding the size of the apartments. It’s often an adjustment for seniors who may be moving from larger apartments or homes to a community like ours. However, we do find many residents, who after they are settled find the apartment quite comfortable in light of the various common areas we have for residents to use. We additionally find that residents often find it liberating to downsize their belongings & embrace the organization that comes from living in a smaller home. Please feel free to reach out to me with any additional comments or suggestions.

Lisa Reed, Vice President of Operations, 312-673-4508

AAK February 02, 2014

Awesome location, great place to live.

Gwen6 January 30, 2014

Senior Suites of Central Station is a very nice place, but the rooms were just too small. I was able to go to that facility because mom was there and the staff was very fine. If I just could afford this facility, I would consider this for myself.

dthomas927 August 01, 2013

I visited Senior Suites of Central Station and it was nice. But what I was looking for was a two-bedroom apartment and all I saw were one-bedroom with a small kitchen. They were not spacious, but the bathroom was nice. However, it was not what I want to have because sometimes my kids would come and help me at my home. I would recommend this facility to others.

From Senior Suites of Central Station

Senior Suites of Central Station in Chicago offers 96 studio and one bedroom affordable senior apartment homes with an array of desirable amenities. Income qualified residents, 62 years old and better, enjoy complimentary laundry facilities, spacious, well-appointed community areas designed for opportunities for social engagement and camaraderie as well as Wellness Everyday programs throughout the month. Schedule a tour and visit our Central Station affordable income housing community today.

Features of Senior Suites of Central Station

• Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• Private services

• Shared space where residents can host parties

• Minimum age: 62

• Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System

• Monthly rent is all inclusive
  • Fee structure extra: We participate in the Choice Housing Vocuher Program with CHA
  • Minimum rate: $673/month