Brookdale Lake View Independent Living

Overview of Ratings

4.1

April 11, 2014

By Barbara82655750

My husband and I both liked Kenwood, but the person who we were looking for lives in a small town, and she was not sure that she wanted to live in a high rise. I thought it would be a good choice because it was close to where we live. It looked very clean. It looked like there was a lot of activities and services for seniors: arts and crafts, there was sing-along, and ceramics. The fact that you could get your hair done there was great. We picked it because we thought she would want to bring her own furniture. The rooms were really nice. They had beautiful views of the lake.

March 21, 2014

Kenwood of Lake View was more for unassisted living. So we knew it was not appropriate for what we were looking for. It seemed fine. I thought the staff was very nice. It's just more for someone that could be on their own, and that was not what we were looking for at the time. They seemed very nice and the people were very helpful and willing to share information. The rooms looked fine. I like the location.

January 31, 2014

By jazimama

For me my visit at Kenwood of Lake View was very helpful. Their apartments were functional. The residents have their own individual apartments. The staff was fine. They're very supportive and friendly. The facility, however, was divided into two parts of a building and you have to go through certain floors in order to be able to go to other building if you don't have to go outside, so it's a little confusing.

September 10, 2013

By Kathryn RJT

The Kenwood is an Independent and Assisted living senior community located close to Belmont Harbor, Lincoln Park and Lake Michigan, in fact the studio apartments are all on the lakeview side of the building, would that my Mother chose that instead of a one bedroom with a street view she would get to see some great sunrises and the weather fronts coming off the lake. As she has not moved in yet I cannot tell you what that is like, though I can tell you this. The staff is absolutely wonderful and have been so helpful to me through the process of touring, setting up the lease particulars, accommodating my mid month move of Mom and helping me to make this time go as smoothly as possible. Every time I have visited from the first moment I can tell you this, the staff is great the residents all interact with each other and the staff so warmly and courteously and each person I have asked (on the sly ;)) has said they love living there. One lady said she did not want to move from her condo where she was so alone and cried daily and her kids practically dragged her to The Kenwood and on the first day she decided she loved it. She is involved with other residents and the activities and has loved the change in her life as she finds it way less lonely and alienating as that condo she lived in where she could go days before passing another person to say good morning or good evening to. The folks that work there eat there and one man I know from past career history said the food is excellent. Yesterday I went there to install some premove stuff in my Mom's place and there were a bunch of residents enjoying a live music performance. Everything is close and there is a Kenwood shuttle as well as public transportation at the door and more cabs than you can wave a hand at, blocks away there are stores and a movie theater and just way too many places to visit for anyone to say they are bored though if your loved one gets involved in the activities at The Kenwood there won't be much time for all that neighborhood traipsing.

August 28, 2013

By Lois9

I would give Kenwood a high rating because of its appearance and also because of all that are included with the rent. They have assisted living in case you would need that. They can also arrange for nursing and hospice care if necessary. They have contacts for all those things. I have a cancer and I don't know how much life I have left, so these features are appealing to me.

July 31, 2013

By Sharon26

Kenwood of Lakeview is a big building and they have a very small space at the back with a little patio and a barbeque grill. They have studios and one-bedroom apartments. They also have a good lunch room. The staff is pretty good. They have activities. They have a computer room. They have exercise and yoga going on down there. But they don't have a lot of outdoor activities because they don't have the land for that. I would recommend them to others.

January 31, 2012

By Caring201973

If you have the means to afford to live at The Kenwood, I would recommend it for people who like stodgy elegance and don't mind fuzzy living with a little pretentiousness. For one thing there seems to be a lot of rules here. For example, you can only enter from the side street, not on Sheridan Road (where there is a door and an intercom) even if you beg the person through the intercom that it is cold out. Indeed the winds can be quite chilly from the lakefront on a wintry day and a couple of times I felt that I would be blown away. Upon entering the lobby, there is either a female or male concierge -- both who speak very succinctly -- and you must sign in. And while the female concierge doesn't actually wears long white gloves, you think that she must. The lobby is spacious with chandeliers and a piano and is actually two floors, but I hardly ever see anybody in it. There is a long staircase to get to the second floor and then you need to walk in a kind of an el shape pathway to get to the elevators to the upstairs apartments. I'm sure there is an easier way, but I just don't know it. The apartments themselves are large with nice views and full- size kitchens. Nothing shabby here. I knew a woman who was over a 100 who resided in a one bedroom. She had large bedroom, living room, kitchen and bathroom. She was running out of funds and her family felt that the place was not helpful in terms of negotiating a lower price. Don't get me wrong, if you have the means to afford to live here, this is an upscale, highly desirable facility which is representative of the community -- I just did not find it welcoming.

Let Us Search For You

Care

Save Stress

Features of Brookdale Lake View

About Brookdale Lake View

Brookdale Lake View provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer. And, our residents can rest assured that as their needs change we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages our residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.

Map of Brookdale Lake View