The Independence

Overview of Ratings

4.9

January 09, 2014

By ThelmaP

Initially, it was a difficult transition to sell my home, simply because of all the things I cherished about my home, from family memories, milestones, events, and celebrations; my beautiful gardens; and all my wonderful neighbors. However, the maintenance of 2 acres of lawn, leaves, snow, and the ongoing upkeep of major equipment and appliances became a burden. However, once I saw The Independence and met so many energetic and friendly seniors like me who had a similar transition, the decision to transition become increasingly easier. I love my extended new family at The Independence. I have lived here for over a year and it was the best decision I could've made. Ultimately, I didn't give up my independence when I sold my home. I embarked on a new journey to enjoy my life and do all the things I want to do instead of because I have to do them.

Let Us Search For You

Care

Save Stress

Photos of The Independence

About The Independence

The Independence is an independent living community in Charlottesville, VA designed for seniors, normally 55+, who are able to care for themselves and wish to live independently. Contact The Independence for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of The Independence