The Independence

Overview of Ratings

4.9

January 09, 2014

By ThelmaP

Initially, it was a difficult transition to sell my home, simply because of all the things I cherished about my home, from family memories, milestones, events, and celebrations; my beautiful gardens; and all my wonderful neighbors. However, the maintenance of 2 acres of lawn, leaves, snow, and the ongoing upkeep of major equipment and appliances became a burden. However, once I saw The Independence and met so many energetic and friendly seniors like me who had a similar transition, the decision to transition become increasingly easier. I love my extended new family at The Independence. I have lived here for over a year and it was the best decision I could've made. Ultimately, I didn't give up my independence when I sold my home. I embarked on a new journey to enjoy my life and do all the things I want to do instead of because I have to do them.

Photos of The Independence

About The Independence

The Independence is an independent living community in Charlottesville, VA designed for seniors, normally 55+, who are able to care for themselves and wish to live independently. Contact The Independence for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of The Independence