Shads Landing

5101 Prosperity Church Rd, Charlotte, NC, 28269

Reviews of Shads Landing

Shirley106601650 May 16, 2015

The overall community of Shads Landing looked really nice. It was friendly and warm, and the staff seemed like they were all caring people. A couple of my family members went with me, and we had a delicious meal there, and we also were entertained by a community of people who had come in and were booked for entertainment. It's a great place, and I'd certainly recommend it. They have a regular schedule of activities that is set up every month. As a matter of fact, I have a communication here in front of me, and it shows for the month of March -- which was when I went to visit -- that there are everyday activities from morning until early evening. Every Monday, they have different things: Hooks and Needles which is one group, sing-along, and another group, Count Your Blessings. And they have bingo every evening on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from the calendar here. They are interspersed throughout the month with different things. They have card games and bowling; you can name it, and you are going to see something on the calendar of activities for the people. It was a wonderful experience. The staff was definitely caring, not only for its residents, but for us visitors as we came in, and they afforded us all the amenities that were occurring during that day that we could participate in. It was just a wonderful place.

Stacey11 February 22, 2015

Shads Landing was very nice. The place was friendly and clean, and the staff was nice. They have a lot of activities for the seniors. I went to different apartments, and they were nice. Overall it’s a nice place, but it’s expensive.

Julie105866750 February 10, 2015

Shads Landing is about five minutes from my workplace. My father has been there since November. I love it. It is a very nice facility. It is very welcoming. It looks friendly from the outside. There are benches to sit outside. They have a lake and a fountain. There is a gazebo outside. They have a walking trail that goes around the whole facility. It is just very well laid out and clean. The staff is absolutely friendly. They help you keep up with them. They have three meals a day. They serve their big meal at lunch. The food is fantastic. They have a gourmet chef. I have never eaten something there that has not been delicious. They have a pool table, and they have a pool night once a week; that's important to my dad. They also have a poker night. They have a lot of men at this facility, and that was another big selling point for me. My dad has a large studio apartment. It is a really nice room that is close to the elevator. It has a view out of the fountain towards the front of the building. I absolutely recommend this place. The dining area is very nice. It is a wonderful place. He likes it too, which is important. They make everybody really feel at home. They welcome guests to come and eat with the residents. It is just a very nice warm feeling. The management is incredible. They go that extra mile. They really care about the residents, and you can tell that on a day-to-day basis.

Caring102614250 December 06, 2014

Shads Landing was perfect -- the meals, the chef, the place was organized, and the activities that they had for the individuals. It was just very, very nicely done. This is where I want to go when I get to that age. The staff was very concerned about the individuals and was very well managed. We were very pleased with that. We had lunch there on three different occasions, and this lady even came up to my mother's home and visited my mother at one point as follow-up, but they were very, very thorough and very good.

formres October 20, 2014

The people/staff are nice. The place appears quite clean. But I have to agree the food is terrible. Residents complain quite a bit about it.They cant keep staff in the kitchen to help so it takes forever for residnets to get served their food. Lunch can take 2 hours - ridiculous. Also, the food is not qualilty - cheap- lots of processed food. Also the activites are the same thing over and over again. Some activites that is good to have over again but others it is not. Van service is limited - but they do not tell you that when you sign up. The place has 100 people but van holds 20. When they go shopping there is no room for the itemm they purchase and not everyone who needs to get out can. Sorry - this place was quite disaapointing.

Eunice2 October 17, 2014

I’ve been to Shads Landing. We knew somebody else that was there. It was clean. The staff seemed to be very pleasant. The dining room was clean and neat. We’d play cards with one of the ladies there.

dl-nc July 18, 2014

This retirement community was like a hotel. They had a large dinner room. They also had area where you could get coffe or tea during the day. I was shown a one bedroom apartment. There was good closet space and a patio. There was a man made pond that you could walk around. You can get private services if you need help with medications or dressing. They clean the rooms once aweek.

Angela10 March 28, 2014

If I had to choose, I would choose Shads Landing. It is a senior apartment complex. You have anyone there from age 55 and up. You can have three meals a day, and everything is inclusive as far as the rent. It all depends on the unit that you purchased. They have a studio, a delux studio that is considered a standard, and also two-bedroom or three-bedroom units that ranged different prices. The two-bedroom was spacious; however, the studio and delux studio were kind of small. They also have cottages, I think, on the property as well for someone who wants more of a home-type setup as opposed to apartments. The staff was very helpful and very resourceful. They have a two-party manager-type setup; there are two couples who actually stay there in the property. They have a church and chapel there on site. They have laundry facility on each floor at the end of the hallway. They have an elevator. They have a library, a community room, and a little mini-store. So this facility is pretty neat. This one just looks newer than the other facility we visited, so the furniture looked a little better. However, it is just expensive to live there.

John74582150 December 27, 2013

Mom describes Shads Landing as elegant. The facility is very clean and nicely decorated. They have a warm, welcoming staff. My mother is in a studio apartment. Even though it is the smallest one, it is a nice apartment. They also have one and two-bedroom apartments. There is an activity room that I go by regularly and I see a lot of things going on.

Janette1 September 26, 2013

I had the chance to see Shads Landing and it's a nice and clean place, but there was no garage parking for your car and I want a garage for my car. There were activities provided for the residents. The place is satisfactory. The residents there seemed to very happy and they are very friendly.

grover1 July 07, 2013

The food at Shads Landing is terrible. I have lived here for seven months and have frequently complained about the low quality of ingredients and the incompetence of the chefs and kitchen staff (poor preparation, low quality of food, cold food, other problems). I am living here waiting for my townhome to be built. I want to leave as soon as I can. The food here is terrible and the system has concept of how to deal with the "demented" residents (and perhaps the demented kitchen staff).

Cindy13 March 27, 2013

Shads Landing is just a really nice place. The location is good, everything is clean, the staff is very helpful, and the food is awesome. Joanne helped me in so many ways. She was very helpful with all kinds of information that I needed.

From Shads Landing

Shads Landing is located in Charlotte, NC, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Shads Landing for a visit...and stay!

Features of Shads Landing