Carmel Place

5512 Carmel Rd, Charlotte, NC, 28226

Reviews of Carmel Place

Ken120344550 February 22, 2016

The people at Carmel Place were very gracious. It is a very organized, clean place with nice apartments and friendly people. They are on the top of my list of facilities.

Brenda62733450 October 28, 2015

Carmel Place was really nice. The people were friendly, the food was good, the apartments were nice, but it’s just not what I needed. I’m looking for a place that has a washer and dryer and is not like an apartment building. It’s clean, and it has everything you would want if you wanted to live in that kind of place. From what I understand, they have a line up of things for people to do to keep them from being bored. The people that manage the place was a husband and wife team. I talked to both of them, and they do a very good job.

Caring113119650 September 29, 2015

I noticed a lot more interaction with the residents at Carmel Place. There were a lot of activities going on. I like their cafeteria with way the things were setup there.

Caring112436250 September 16, 2015

Carmel Place was a good facility. The staff was nice. They have a bible study and an exercise class.

Caring112852450 August 31, 2015

I had a quick walk through Carmel Place. From the looks of it, it looked nice and clean. They also have activities. It’s a big facility. The staff was very informative and very willing to give any information. They also did a lot of following up. They have a dining room that is for everyone and a dining room that is set up for special occasions.

Caring109596550 July 21, 2015

I did visit Carmel Place -- which is not something that meets my mother’s needs at all -- but if it did, I was impressed with it. The facility was very nice and spacious, and the rooms were nice. I talked to several different people at my visit and over the phone later, and they were very detailed with me and gave me a lot of information. The people were very helpful, professional, and answered all of my questions. They seemed genuinely interested in the residents.

Caring109836550 July 15, 2015

I came very close to going in Carmel Place. I called to set up an appointment, and they invited us for lunch. I made two visits total. The staff was lovely. They were all just as wonderful as they could be. The food was outstanding. I was looking at an apartment for one person, and the one I really liked had some upgrades in it. It was where a manager had lived previously. It was on the first floor off to the side, and there was a balcony out there. They were quite generous on waving some of the fees for me, but I just could not make that kind of financial commitment.

Heddy June 16, 2015

I was really impressed with Carmel Place. I am very happy, and mom's happy too. It has all worked out. The staff are very friendly, welcoming, and caring about the residents. Some of the residents have been there for a while, and they are very happy. The food is really good. It's close to the mall, shopping center, grocery store, and doctors. It has a very good location. They have bingo and tours, and they bring in entertainers. There's always someone in the lobby, and they have two-member staff 24/7. They shut the doors between 9:00 p.m. and 9:00 a.m. You can only get in if you either ring the doorbell or have a card.

Anonymous103075050 March 08, 2015

My dad is in Carmel Place. The feel, the look, and the sanitation are good. The rooms and apartments are good as well. The residents have their own kitchenette. The staff is good. They have activities like bingo, movies, and games. The only two problems we have are the food and the transportation which are both terrible. There is not much of a variety of food, and they said they provide transportation, but they don?t.

Hi, I'm Katie, I work at Holiday Retirement's Home Office. Thank you for writing a sincere review. Scheduled transportation is one of our amenities company-wide, so if your father isn't receiving scheduled transportation to things like doctor's appointments, I strongly urge you to call our Resident Relations line at 1-800-370-8331.

Caring72822350 December 27, 2013

Carmel Place is a very independent facility. Everybody keeps to themselves. Everyone is active and somewhat friendly. They have good-sized apartments. Food is decent. The staff is friendly and helpful. Location is relatively convenient because it is near hospital and the interstate. Its environment is relatively homey. Overall, it is a good facility. It is very adequate for what we wanted.

Beverly26 December 21, 2013

My mom has already found a place. It is a senior independent living facility called Carmel Place. My mom has a fixed income so she can't afford anything more expensive than this facility. We have also come across this through the internet. The highlight for this facility is the cleanliness, the security and the quality of the meals there. The staff is very caring and thorough.

ruthe5 October 09, 2013

Looks lovely. People friendly. Older facility, but well kept.

Caring69196750 October 05, 2013

Carmel Place is a Holiday facility. It is a three-story building but it has an elevator and you only have to go a floor to take your laundry. Their rooms are small, although they have great dining room. They also have all kinds of activities. They also have a van that takes their residents to places. Nevertheless, the facility itself is not far from shopping centers. Carmel Place is definitely a place that I would rate highly.

Domingo June 15, 2013

Carmel Place had good apartments, the place was clean and the food was good.

caring0517213 May 29, 2013

I'm now at Carmel Place. I would not recommend this facility, because they say they're independent living, but they're not. 70% of people here have dementia and I wouldn't have moved here if I have known there were so many people that's not independent. A lot of people are paying big money for independent living and it is just false advertisement. The food is terrible.

From Carmel Place

Carmel Place is located in Charlotte, NC, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Carmel Place for a visit...and stay!

Features of Carmel Place

• Hiking trails

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Dining extra: Private dining room