Ashley Park

1451 Tobias Gadson Blvd, Charleston, SC, 29407

Reviews of Ashley Park

John103641550 June 20, 2015

The Ashley Park is part of the Holiday Retirement. We had lunch there, and the food was fantastic. It was just a very pleasing meal. Everything was great, but it was a tad on the expensive side. It was an excellent place, and I could move in there tomorrow. I'm not going to, but I was very much impressed. We looked at a living room and bedroom combination. It was adequate and smaller than what we have right now, but it is one of the reasons you want to move. They are fairly busy, and they had a whole month's program up on the board. Every day was filled up, so there are lots of activities. Cleanliness was very good. I could move in tomorrow because it is everything you'd ever want, but it is expensive. So I got to figure out if I can afford it. I didn't see anything they need to improve except to cut down on the cost. That would be a nice thing to do.

Sarah35 November 11, 2014

Ashley Park was wonderful; I loved it. The staff was very friendly, and it was a wonderful location. The rooms were very nice. The food was the only thing I was a little disappointed in, but I know they were on a balanced diet. The dining area was nice. Most of the residents looked happy.

Caring91636350 August 25, 2014

Ashley Park was wonderful. Everybody was enthused about what they were doing and it seemed like they enjoyed their job. They have Bingo and throw-the-ball; they do church services; they have outside activities where they go places -- those are just a few of the activities that I can remember. I liked that everything was inclusive and that they didn't have to go outside to eat. Their three meals are prepared by a qualified chef. Someone comes into the rooms to take care of the linens and to clean it up whereas my mom and dad would have to do it all the time by themselves. The rooms were very nice and spacious. I know the manager is pretty hospitable. They were welcoming and everything -- they made sure that we had the opportunity to see everything. I got a follow-up call from them last week to see how the visit was and to know if they could assist me with anything else or how they could be of service to us. Everything about this place was very nice.

Caring88408150 July 10, 2014

My mother lived at Ashley Park. When she died, we got a nice card from them. We've been gone for two years. I stopped by there to let them know that my mother had passed, and then later I got a card. They sent me some more pictures of them with my mother. It was only because my mother lost her sight that we moved her, but she loved it there. I was impressed.

The CNAs and the ladies who were there are good. The only thing is that they not only care for the patients, they handed out the food. They were going in the kitchen, getting the plates, and bringing the plates back out. They were dispensing medicine. These folks who are not making that much money are pretty much doing everything. That place was exceptional.

Caring72012450 April 22, 2014

The one I liked the most was Ashley Park. It was very nice; it was just like a very nice resort hotel. The food was prepared by a chef. I ate there, and the food was outstanding. The staff was great. There was a new couple who had not been there very long, and they were running the place. I really liked them very much. They had a couple of activity rooms and a library. She said they would take them shopping in the van, and they had all kinds of things planned all the time, so they had a lot going on. You would never get bored if you want something to do there.

LH1 December 24, 2013

What I didn't like about Ashley Park is that it's 185 miles from here; it is out of town. Also I didn't like that there was no continuum of care there. It was just a retirement community. But as far as the facility goes, it is a nice facility. They have different sizes of apartments that you can choose from and they have a calendar of activities for their residents. The best thing about it was that I know that my dad knows people there. Also Charleston is still familiar to him, so he is still in an area where he has friends and his church. Another thing I like about it was that he is getting meals there. When we found out about the meal plans, I believe this is something that my dad could take advantage of. However, the food I thought was a little unusual for that age group. Dad even mentioned that there were things on the menu that he had never heard of but he ate it and he liked it.

Kristine6 August 01, 2013

The staff at Ashley Park was accommodating and their food was good. They also had a lot of activities. However, their apartments mostly had one bedroom and we were interested in two-bedroom apartments.

jt3s2000 June 25, 2013

My mom has been living in Ashley Park for about a year. It's very clean, of decent size and the food is okay. The only difference is you have to bring the services in and that's what we've elected to do because my mother seemed very happy there. They do provide the meals and some house cleaning services but the level of care is only for independent living.

From Ashley Park

Ashley Park is located in Charleston, SC, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Ashley Park for a visit...and stay!

Features of Ashley Park

• Hiking trails

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Dining extra: Private dining room