Ashley Park

1451 Tobias Gadson Blvd, Charleston, SC, 29407

Reviews of Ashley Park

August 25, 2014

Ashley Park was wonderful. Everybody was enthused about what they were doing and it seemed like they enjoyed their job. They have Bingo and throw-the-ball; they do church services; they have outside activities where they go places -- those are just a few of the activities that I can remember. I liked that everything was inclusive and that they didn't have to go outside to eat. Their three meals are prepared by a qualified chef. Someone comes into the rooms to take care of the linens and to clean it up whereas my mom and dad would have to do it all the time by themselves. The rooms were very nice and spacious. I know the manager is pretty hospitable. They were welcoming and everything -- they made sure that we had the opportunity to see everything. I got a follow-up call from them last week to see how the visit was and to know if they could assist me with anything else or how they could be of service to us. Everything about this place was very nice.

July 10, 2014

My mother lived at Ashley Park. When she died, we got a nice card from them. We've been gone for two years. I stopped by there to let them know that my mother had passed, and then later I got a card. They sent me some more pictures of them with my mother. It was only because my mother lost her sight that we moved her, but she loved it there. I was impressed. The CNAs and the ladies who were there are good. The only thing is that they not only care for the patients, they handed out the food. They were going in the kitchen, getting the plates, and bringing the plates back out. They were dispensing medicine. These folks who are not making that much money are pretty much doing everything. That place was exceptional.

April 22, 2014

By Caring72012450

The one I liked the most was Ashley Park. It was very nice; it was just like a very nice resort hotel. The food was prepared by a chef. I ate there, and the food was outstanding. The staff was great. There was a new couple who had not been there very long, and they were running the place. I really liked them very much. They had a couple of activity rooms and a library. She said they would take them shopping in the van, and they had all kinds of things planned all the time, so they had a lot going on. You would never get bored if you want something to do there.

December 24, 2013

By LH1

What I didn't like about Ashley Park is that it's 185 miles from here; it is out of town. Also I didn't like that there was no continuum of care there. It was just a retirement community. But as far as the facility goes, it is a nice facility. They have different sizes of apartments that you can choose from and they have a calendar of activities for their residents. The best thing about it was that I know that my dad knows people there. Also Charleston is still familiar to him, so he is still in an area where he has friends and his church. Another thing I like about it was that he is getting meals there. When we found out about the meal plans, I believe this is something that my dad could take advantage of. However, the food I thought was a little unusual for that age group. Dad even mentioned that there were things on the menu that he had never heard of but he ate it and he liked it.

August 01, 2013

By Kristine6

The staff at Ashley Park was accommodating and their food was good. They also had a lot of activities. However, their apartments mostly had one bedroom and we were interested in two-bedroom apartments.

June 25, 2013

By jt3s2000

My mom has been living in Ashley Park for about a year. It's very clean, of decent size and the food is okay. The only difference is you have to bring the services in and that's what we've elected to do because my mother seemed very happy there. They do provide the meals and some house cleaning services but the level of care is only for independent living.

Photos of Ashley Park

Features of Ashley Park

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room

• Hiking Trails

About Ashley Park

Ashley Park is located in Charleston, SC, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Ashley Park for a visit...and stay!

Map of Ashley Park