Eskaton Village Carmichael | Independent Living

3939 Walnut Avenue, Carmichael, CA, 95608

Top nearby Independent Living Communities

Reviews of Eskaton Village Carmichael | Independent Living

Sandy576371 November 01, 2016

Outstanding in every way. Anita runs a tight ship. She is our captain!

Joanne405703 October 28, 2016

Everything was wonderful. The food was such a great variety and tasted excellent! Service was excellent and the waiters were very polite and efficient. Wonderful experience!

Alan318400 October 27, 2016

Wonderful experience - beginning with the reception by Anita to the wonderful service and delicious food!

Dennis603630 September 15, 2016

Good food, good service, nutritional and portion controlled.

Julie446108 September 15, 2016

Anita is the best employee you have. She has done an outstanding job for 10 years in training personnel, handling residents and their families. It is a pleasure to stay here because of Anita.

Brian802547 August 30, 2016

Anita runs a wonderful dining room. Servers are well trained and always polite and helpful.

Joan and Brian314783 June 30, 2016

We loved the Calamity Jazz concert, especially the bass saxophonist! She had no measures of rest and played continuously for every piece. She was extremely instrumental in keeping the rhythm and interesting bass accompaniment. The trumpeter was highly accomplished and added excitement to every piece. Also very competent were the banjo played and clarinetist. We loved their music. The audience members were clapping and smiling.

Rosie726312 June 30, 2016

Good quality, caring experience. Special thanks to Eric and the physical/occupational therapists for all the good help they gave me.

Gordon N.236655 June 25, 2016

I had the best care I could have hoped for. Competent, caring employees, at all levels. Always willing to go the distance and then some! Physical/occupational personnel were all outstanding.

Larry K.182285 June 24, 2016

Excellent, professional, caring, my mom had been to another care rehab facility about 10 yrs ago. She couldn't stand it and demanded I get her out within hrs of arriving. She is being treated so well here. I don't think she wants to ever leave.

Donna & Kathy168634 June 21, 2016

Toured this beautiful facility today; it’s very clean, spacious, and beautiful furnishings in common areas. Friendly and helpful staff. Shanti provided excellent, thorough information and even treated us to a delicious lunch at the facility. The food was excellent!

Amy028321 June 19, 2016

Eskaton employees are always so friendly and welcoming! The facilities are beautiful!

Delois626623 June 17, 2016

Regarding the entertainment provided for the residents on Thursday night, may 12. A fine piece jazzy band called “Calamity Jane” that was so enjoyable. They were excellent - played all the songs we had heard of, and we could not keep from tapping our toes and clapping our hands - wishing we could get up and dance. It was wonderful! Hope they can come back soon to play for us.

Alice431814 June 17, 2016

From the moment I arrived, I have been treated with extreme dignity in every way of care - food services - medical care. Every area show professionalism, clothing, speech, mannerism. I am a nurse and have never in a hospital like this.

Janie K.670127 June 14, 2016

Outstanding! I like the idea that “All Employees” get along here and I get a handshake from them.

Gea260520 June 10, 2016

Eskaton Village was not as friendly and a little bit colder because people looked the other way and were busy. It was beautiful. The rooms were comfortable and nice. You put your own furniture in it, so it would look the way you want it to, but that just didn’t appeal to me personally for what my sister-in-law would need.

Nanci M.384723 June 10, 2016

Excellent service & atmosphere. We enjoyed the experience very much.

Herbert7 May 11, 2016

I was impressed by the range of services at Eskaton Village. The upkeep of the facility was very good. I was interested in the little cottages, which were very nicely appointed. They have a pool.

Jo23 July 29, 2015

She picked Eskaton Village Carmichael. It’s an expensive community. If you have the money you can live there. They have everything available to you. People know and care about each other.

Charlie10 June 22, 2015

Eskaton Village was very nice; it had lots of options and was very spacious. The staff was very nice.

Happy and content June 12, 2015

I have been a resident of Eskaton for a year and a half. Moving here was one of the best decisions I have ever made. It is a very safe and nurturing environment with all at the extras one could imagine--beautiful friends, pastoral grounds, security, a lovely dining room, fairness center and enclosed pool, and 24 hour security. Life is good!

James104125550 March 26, 2015

Eskaton was very nice inside, and the rooms were large. The dining room looks fine too. The activities were very good like bingo and crafts. I really like the facility itself and the apartments. The staff was very helpful and caring.

Anonymous99358250 December 30, 2014

We liked Eskaton because it is less than a mile from where we live, and my father had been there before he passed away. They have gone through some changes, and I really could not answer even on a scale how they were other than my experience with them prior was positive. From what I understand, security was good.

cheralyn January 10, 2014

This is a Disneyland for older adults. They WOWed me with the knowledge and professionalism of the sales ladies and everyone I came in contact with during the time I was touring. They have so much to do and see as well as many differnt options in living quarters. They have cute cottages. I loved the 2 bedroom cottages and before I left I put my deposit down and am so excited to be moving in this spring. I am so glad I found Eskaton Village.

Beverly24 November 27, 2013

I was looking for a facility that had independent living with its own living quarters. I have a dog and I don't want to live in an apartment with a dog. Eskalon Village had a little cottage that was available, one bedroom, one bathroom, a kitchen and living room. It was nice because it was like your own home. You're not living with someone attached to both sides or above you or below you. It was just an independent house and they were going to do a lot of remodeling to it. They're exceptional and very good at what they're doing. They have very helpful employees and the food is good. They provide a lot of transportation, meals and housekeeping. Everything about Eskaton Village was fine but it was too expensive. I just couldn't afford to live there.

proudgrandson82 October 12, 2012

It is a gated community which, in general, I tend to disagree with most of our cultural idea of how to care for our elderly, but they regularly bus in performances, and bus residents out to concerts, events, church, and the like. When I had to deal with staff members, all of them had a clear idea of their duties and who to seek if my questions were out of their knowlege base. It felt a little bit like dealing with the staff at a Disney World resort. Almost anyone was able to answer my questions, and they all answered them with the same, non conflicting, answers.

From Eskaton Village Carmichael

Eskaton Village Carmichael (The Village) is a Continuing Care retirement Community (CCRC) and offers independent living, assisted living, skilled nursing and memory care on 37 beautifully landscaped acres. Located in Carmichael, the Village is close to shopping, medical offices and parks and is nestled in a quiet neighborhood community. The vast 37-acre campus is complete with putting green, fitness center, indoor pool, walking paths, beauty salons, chapel, library and even a bocce court. A full time fitness coordinator is available for individual as well as group fitness and excellent educational and entertainment guests are available daily.

Designed for those who want the freedom to travel and pursue their own interests with the knowledge that their future is secure, Eskaton Village offers a unique 90% resalable membership program with asset preservation, shared appreciation and lifetime, long-term health care on site. Residents have their choice of cottage or apartment living.

In the Village Center, you will find first-class dining accommodations, a fireside room and key club, where residents gather to enjoy a relaxing cocktail. Private dining rooms are available for entertaining groups and, if residents prefer, the dining staff will cater their events. The Center also houses:

• Ballroom
  • Soda shop
  • Fine art studio
  • Craft rooms
  • Resident art gallery

And a fully-equipped woodshop is on-site, a short walk away.

Our dining services are excellent. Residents are provided many choices in food options and many residents describe their dining experience like being on a cruise. A full time chef is on hand to ensure high quality dining services and individual nutritional needs are recognized. For solitude, residents take advantage of the well-stacked library and garden patios. And when privacy is desired, individual apartments and cottages offer the quiet and comfort of home.

Housing Types Offered

1 BR Apartments, 2 BR Apartments, Cottages/Homes

Rooms

Utilities, Included, Wheel Chair accessible, Full Kitchen

Community Features

TV Room, Beauty Parlor, Laundry Facilities, Guest Rooms, Clubhouse, Housecleaning, Computer Room, Pharmacy, Parking, Fitness Center, Swimming Pool, Billiards, Hobby Area/Workshop, Greenhouse/Garden, Guest Speakers, Travel, Volunteer Programs

Location of Eskaton Village Carmichael