Eskaton Village Carmichael Independent Living

Overview of Ratings

4.8

February 17, 2017

By Nancy221053

Anita is wonderful! Knows both my parents by name. Makes sure they get exactly what they requested. Always smiling and friendly! She's the best! Food is wonderful!

February 09, 2017

By anonymous260158

We’ve chosen Eskaton Village because of the beautiful grounds. They have water aerobics as part of the fitness program. There are different meals plans, where they can eat one, two, or three times a day. The staff is very informative

December 15, 2016

By John643175

Outstanding! Great staff!

December 04, 2016

By David143562

I always enjoy eating meals at Eskaton as the selection of items is excellent and of delicious and tasty quality. The service is wonderful as staff are helpful and happy to serve. Anita, especially, is wonderful to my mother and me for anticipating our needs and greeting us as "family". Always delightful to be in her hands!

November 29, 2016

By Lorraine533050

Timely, attentive, tasty. Edgar went out of his way to please.

November 22, 2016

By Bille357774

Excellent service, a variety of food options, fresh fruits and salad bar.

November 05, 2016

By Peter276583

Excellent. Anita is a great leader and runs a tight ship, as is needed.

October 21, 2016

By Nancy833853

The apartments are really nice in independent living at Eskaton Village Carmichael. The rooms range from 500 square feet up to 1,200 square feet. The dining room is very good restaurant-style dining. It has a swimming pool, hot tub, putting green, and a lot of transportation options, like a shuttle that can take you to your doctor's appointment. They can also drive you using your own car to your appointments. They offer three meals a day, but Mom only pays for one. They have a full-time nurse and some really good professional people, as well as an Alzheimer's support group.

September 15, 2016

By Dennis603630

Good food, good service, nutritional and portion controlled.

September 15, 2016

By Julie446108

Anita is the best employee you have. She has done an outstanding job for 10 years in training personnel, handling residents and their families. It is a pleasure to stay here because of Anita.

August 30, 2016

By Brian802547

Anita runs a wonderful dining room. Servers are well trained and always polite and helpful.

June 30, 2016

By Joan and Brian314783

We loved the Calamity Jazz concert, especially the bass saxophonist! She had no measures of rest and played continuously for every piece. She was extremely instrumental in keeping the rhythm and interesting bass accompaniment. The trumpeter was highly accomplished and added excitement to every piece. Also very competent were the banjo played and clarinetist. We loved their music. The audience members were clapping and smiling.

June 24, 2016

By Larry K.182285

Excellent, professional, caring, my mom had been to another care rehab facility about 10 yrs ago. She couldn't stand it and demanded I get her out within hrs of arriving. She is being treated so well here. I don't think she wants to ever leave.

June 21, 2016

By Donna & Kathy168634

Toured this beautiful facility today; it’s very clean, spacious, and beautiful furnishings in common areas. Friendly and helpful staff. Shanti provided excellent, thorough information and even treated us to a delicious lunch at the facility. The food was excellent!

June 19, 2016

By Amy028321

Eskaton employees are always so friendly and welcoming! The facilities are beautiful!

June 17, 2016

By Delois626623

Regarding the entertainment provided for the residents on Thursday night, may 12. A fine piece jazzy band called “Calamity Jane” that was so enjoyable. They were excellent - played all the songs we had heard of, and we could not keep from tapping our toes and clapping our hands - wishing we could get up and dance. It was wonderful! Hope they can come back soon to play for us.

June 17, 2016

By Alice431814

From the moment I arrived, I have been treated with extreme dignity in every way of care - food services - medical care. Every area show professionalism, clothing, speech, mannerism. I am a nurse and have never in a hospital like this.

June 14, 2016

By Janie K.670127

Outstanding! I like the idea that “All Employees” get along here and I get a handshake from them.

June 10, 2016

By Gea260520

Eskaton Village was not as friendly and a little bit colder because people looked the other way and were busy. It was beautiful. The rooms were comfortable and nice. You put your own furniture in it, so it would look the way you want it to, but that just didn’t appeal to me personally for what my sister-in-law would need.

June 10, 2016

By Nanci M.384723

Excellent service & atmosphere. We enjoyed the experience very much.

May 11, 2016

By Herbert7

I was impressed by the range of services at Eskaton Village. The upkeep of the facility was very good. I was interested in the little cottages, which were very nicely appointed. They have a pool.

July 29, 2015

By Jo23

She picked Eskaton Village Carmichael. It’s an expensive community. If you have the money you can live there. They have everything available to you. People know and care about each other.

June 22, 2015

By Charlie10

Eskaton Village was very nice; it had lots of options and was very spacious. The staff was very nice.

June 12, 2015

By Happy and content

I have been a resident of Eskaton for a year and a half. Moving here was one of the best decisions I have ever made. It is a very safe and nurturing environment with all at the extras one could imagine--beautiful friends, pastoral grounds, security, a lovely dining room, fairness center and enclosed pool, and 24 hour security. Life is good!

March 26, 2015

By James104125550

Eskaton was very nice inside, and the rooms were large. The dining room looks fine too. The activities were very good like bingo and crafts. I really like the facility itself and the apartments. The staff was very helpful and caring.

December 30, 2014

We liked Eskaton because it is less than a mile from where we live, and my father had been there before he passed away. They have gone through some changes, and I really could not answer even on a scale how they were other than my experience with them prior was positive. From what I understand, security was good.

January 10, 2014

By cheralyn

This is a Disneyland for older adults. They WOWed me with the knowledge and professionalism of the sales ladies and everyone I came in contact with during the time I was touring. They have so much to do and see as well as many differnt options in living quarters. They have cute cottages. I loved the 2 bedroom cottages and before I left I put my deposit down and am so excited to be moving in this spring. I am so glad I found Eskaton Village.

November 27, 2013

By Beverly24

I was looking for a facility that had independent living with its own living quarters. I have a dog and I don't want to live in an apartment with a dog. Eskalon Village had a little cottage that was available, one bedroom, one bathroom, a kitchen and living room. It was nice because it was like your own home. You're not living with someone attached to both sides or above you or below you. It was just an independent house and they were going to do a lot of remodeling to it. They're exceptional and very good at what they're doing. They have very helpful employees and the food is good. They provide a lot of transportation, meals and housekeeping. Everything about Eskaton Village was fine but it was too expensive. I just couldn't afford to live there.

October 12, 2012

By proudgrandson82

It is a gated community which, in general, I tend to disagree with most of our cultural idea of how to care for our elderly, but they regularly bus in performances, and bus residents out to concerts, events, church, and the like. When I had to deal with staff members, all of them had a clear idea of their duties and who to seek if my questions were out of their knowlege base. It felt a little bit like dealing with the staff at a Disney World resort. Almost anyone was able to answer my questions, and they all answered them with the same, non conflicting, answers.

Photos of Eskaton Village Carmichael

About Eskaton Village Carmichael

Eskaton Village Carmichael (The Village) is a Continuing Care retirement Community (CCRC) and offers independent living, assisted living, skilled nursing and memory care on 37 beautifully landscaped acres. Located in Carmichael, the Village is close to shopping, medical offices and parks and is nestled in a quiet neighborhood community. The vast 37-acre campus is complete with putting green, fitness center, indoor pool, walking paths, beauty salons, chapel, library and even a bocce court. A full time fitness coordinator is available for individual as well as group fitness and excellent educational and entertainment guests are available daily.

Designed for those who want the freedom to travel and pursue their own interests with the knowledge that their future is secure, Eskaton Village offers a unique 90% resalable membership program with asset preservation, shared appreciation and lifetime, long-term health care on site. Residents have their choice of cottage or apartment living.

In the Village Center, you will find first-class dining accommodations, a fireside room and key club, where residents gather to enjoy a relaxing cocktail. Private dining rooms are available for entertaining groups and, if residents prefer, the dining staff will cater their events. The Center also houses:

• Ballroom
  • Soda shop
  • Fine art studio
  • Craft rooms
  • Resident art gallery

And a fully-equipped woodshop is on-site, a short walk away.

Our dining services are excellent. Residents are provided many choices in food options and many residents describe their dining experience like being on a cruise. A full time chef is on hand to ensure high quality dining services and individual nutritional needs are recognized. For solitude, residents take advantage of the well-stacked library and garden patios. And when privacy is desired, individual apartments and cottages offer the quiet and comfort of home.

Housing Types Offered

1 BR Apartments, 2 BR Apartments, Cottages/Homes

Rooms

Utilities, Included, Wheel Chair accessible, Full Kitchen

Community Features

TV Room, Beauty Parlor, Laundry Facilities, Guest Rooms, Clubhouse, Housecleaning, Computer Room, Pharmacy, Parking, Fitness Center, Swimming Pool, Billiards, Hobby Area/Workshop, Greenhouse/Garden, Guest Speakers, Travel, Volunteer Programs

Map of Eskaton Village Carmichael