Cedar Ridge | Independent Living

2680 S Mebane St, Burlington, NC, 27215

Reviews of Cedar Ridge | Independent Living

Wes6 February 29, 2016

Cedar Ridge is in a more commercial area and to me it was more like a resort setting. It’s built like a hotel and a bigger community. Some rooms were far from the elevators and my wife is not in a mobile situation yet. It really did not fit for what we wanted, because of the largeness and it was all in one building. The individual apartment has its own sun room and the place was impeccably landscaped. They had a billiard pool table, chapel and a private dining room if you want to have meal with your family.

The one amenity that they have which was very nice was the association that they have, their parent company. They have exchange program where I’m living here and I want to go to San Francisco on vacation. I put in ahead of time I can go there and I don’t have to pay and you can virtually do that anywhere in the country.

Laura119498950 January 27, 2016

Cedar Ridge has just been very accommodating to my grandmother. The staff is friendly, and the place is clean. They have a lot of good activities like bingo, cards, movie day in the afternoon. They have chapel services on Sundays. They have had special activities, and programs over the holidays which were nice.

The apartment that my grandmother is in is nice, big and very clean. The food is good. I would say it’s very healthy. They don’t give a lot of extra things that wouldn’t be necessarily. I guess they are probably looking out for people who have diabetes, and things like that. It’s a good well-balanced meal. It had three floors, and a lot of different places where you could go.

Sylvia20 October 28, 2015

The people were very nice at Cedar Ridge and gracious. The only problem I had was they do three meals a day, and the kitchen in the room was a not a full kitchen because they figured if you don't cook, you don't need a full kitchen. You have a refrigerator, counter space, and a cabinet. The rooms were small, and they didn’t have storage. They had all the activities that everybody else we visited: exercise, movies, a library, a pool table, etc. The food was good. For me, it would be a three-star rating because of the lack of storage and the small size of the closet.

Sandy B1 October 28, 2015

I found Cedar Ridge for my uncle. I love it. There are lots of wonderful people there. It is very friendly. It is clean, and their food is excellent. I like everything about it. I felt like we were able to get our biggest bang for our buck. The price was reasonable, considering what you're looking at. It is just a very nice situation, and I'm extremely pleased. My uncle has been there for seven weeks now. He has an apartment, and it is a one-bedroom. It has a kitchenette with a full-size refrigerator, and there is a space on the counter for a microwave. My uncle has a nice-sized living room, three big closets, and a very nice bathroom. The staff is very caring. They care a lot about their residents. They're just very friendly, welcoming people. They have lots of activities, and they're really fun. Actually, I participated in some of them. There are a number of residents who attended, and they're having a good time.

Paula113251050 September 15, 2015

Everything was great at Cedar Ridge. It was very attractive and clean. The staff was very kind and thorough. They spent a really long time with us. They answered all our questions. The rooms were nice. We liked everything about it. They seemed like they had a lot of activities available for the residents. They did let us eat a meal there, and it was very good. They had a nice variety of food. They had a lovely dining room.

Caring111423650 August 21, 2015

I went to visit Cedar Ridge, and what I like about them is that they offer a month to month rent; that appealed to me for my mother. The facility itself is very nice and clean. The rooms were more than adequate for what my mom's needs.

Caring109986650 July 06, 2015

I looked at Cedar Ridge. The staff was very nice. They looked fabulous and very energetic. The apartment was beautiful, and it seemed to have enough space. The dining room was fantastic. Everything was nice. The food was good and was excellently served. You could travel and go anywhere. I believed as far as the activities, go out of the community, but if you were an older person like most of them were, they brought in stuff. It was the one within my price range.

Rhonda11 July 22, 2014

Cedar Ridge was a really nice place, and it's in a good location. It has a homier feel. They include everything in the package, except for the phone. It has really nice staff. They serve three meals a day that are home-cooked every day. We ate there, and I think some of the foods were not as appropriate for the elderly, like some of the meat was kind of tough, so some elderly folks would have trouble with that.

Clare3 November 27, 2013

My visit at Cedar Ridge was good. My mom did like that one. Their dining room seemed big when you walk in. It was the same as with the other facility. We did see a couple of their rooms and one is the same blueprint as the one she is in right now. In terms of activities, they gave us a calendar and they did have the same things like day trips and special trips where they provide transportation. We didn't choose this one and it wasn't so much about the place but it was the location. This one was just so far away and we would never be able to see my mom.

Balint September 20, 2013

Cedar Ridge is really nice. They actually pre-arranged to pick me up with a taxi and brought me there for a visit. I had lunch with them and I think the food was kind of mediocre, nothing special. I also saw their rooms and they're too small. The biggest problem I have with them is that they don't have a kitchen in their apartments. What they have though is just a microwave. So when you have a friends over and even if you're going to fix them a small snack, you have to go all the way down to their kitchen facility to do that.

Betty27 July 11, 2013

I found the Cedar Ridge even friendlier, but I did not like the fact that meals are required. I still cook and take meals to my neighbors, but there are no stoves in their apartments and that's the reason I am not interested. Also, I think there were more independent people living independently, but I'm not sure that statement is correct. It's newer and quieter. They had a few more amenities and health equipment. The food was excellent. Again, there were so many people who had advanced health problems that I don't have yet. If I needed the care, and couldn't cook anymore, and so on, I would go to the Cedar Ridge.

caring0530313 June 07, 2013

Cedar Ridge is very clean. I found nothing wrong with it, the food was good and the people were friendly. It was just that most of them were 10 or 15 years older and I still run around a lot. It was just too confining.

From Cedar Ridge

Cedar Ridge is located in Burlington, NC, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Cedar Ridge for a visit...and stay!

Features of Cedar Ridge

• Hiking trails

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Dining extra: Private dining room