Walnut Woods

35 N Walnut St, Boyertown, PA, 19512

Reviews of Walnut Woods

September 13, 2016

By Joe336785

They bring in a lot of musicians, dancers, and that type of thing at Walnut Woods, so my mom enjoys going to those. She goes to Bingo a few times, and then they actually opened up a little retail store in the place, and my mom is working in there. She was in retail back in her working days, she enjoys the people, and it gives her something to do two days a week. It’s within the facility, so she doesn’t have to travel. She has a studio, so she has one of the smaller rooms, but for her, it’s great. She doesn’t need a lot of space. For her, the key part was the bathroom. She also has a handicapped-friendly shower that she really likes and has a seat in it, and she can just get around her place very easily. It’s small, so she doesn’t have to walk very far within her place to get to either her refrigerator or into the bathroom. And the other key part for her was she wanted it to be closer to the cafeteria, so she doesn’t have to walk that far to get there, and it met all her criteria.

September 11, 2016

By David622502

We visited Walnut Woods. It’s a place where you could get a good apartment, three square meals, and do some activities together. The salesperson was good, and he followed us up. He was not pushy, but thoughtful.

August 12, 2016

By David073010

Walnut Woods was really nice and clean. The people were pleasant and there were activities for adults. The dining room was nice, and the food tasted and looked good.

May 25, 2016

By Catalina624420

Walnut Woods of Boyertown was a really nice, wonderful, and clean facility, and I really enjoyed it. The staff was very helpful, very friendly, and courteous. It was just a great place to be. The dining area was nice. The only thing that they need to improve on is having somebody that speaks Spanish. The activities are great, and there's plenty of stuff to do.

March 19, 2016

By caringvisitor5

Walnut Woods was a really nice place with nice rooms. We had lunch there, but none of us liked it. They showed us a nice and clean unoccupied apartment.

September 29, 2015

By Rosemary22

We visited Walnut Woods. It's a very friendly and beautiful place. It?s really everything I wanted. There are community rooms. It's very home-like to me. Another thing that really impressed me was the food. It was wonderful, and I like the fact that it was served, not buffet type. Living in that facility is like you are in a resort. The apartments are lovely. They even have a chair outside the door and a table.

August 22, 2015

By Caring111966550

I went to Walnut Woods, but this was retirement. It wasn't really assisted living. It was very nice, and I didn't think the price was that bad, but like I said, it was strictly retirement living. They had a lot of things that they did. I know they took them to places, and when I have been out on shopping and stuff, I have seen their van pull up to places like malls, so they do schedule trips. The rooms weren't bad. They may be a little smaller than an apartment that you might go into on your own, but I guess for what they are there for, those were OK.

July 06, 2015

We liked Walnut Woods; it’s very clean and very welcoming. The staff was very helpful. My mom loved it. She was interested in a studio, which is a perfect size for her. There was plenty of room, it was very comfortable looking, and it had everything she need. We did eat in the dining room, we ate lunch, and there was plenty of food and a large selection. I think we had six or seven things to choose from, and you’re waited on; it was very nice. They have Bingo, arts and crafts, and movies. There have a calendar, and there was something on it everyday.

June 30, 2015

The staff at Walnut Woods was very nice. They treated us to lunch and they were very accommodating. The food was very good. The menu was very good, and there was quite a number of selections. The dining room was nicely appointed. The rooms were pretty nice, very modern, clean, and carpeted. It wasn’t large, but that’s OK. They seemed to have quite a lot of activities.

April 27, 2015

By Harold24

I found a place, but I am not there yet. I liked what I saw when I visited Walnut Woods. It is in independent living, and I will be getting a one-bedroom apartment with a bathroom, living room, kitchen, and bedroom. There are a lot of activities and things to do. There are events, holiday celebrations, snacks, and good meals.

August 28, 2014

By Roberta16

I liked the activitiy ideas at Walnut Woods, and the things that people could do to know one another. I liked everything about it. It looked a lot fancier than I expected a place liked that to be. The staff was very nice. They had a dining room that looked like a ballroom, and they had a kitchen where if I wanted to cook food, I could. However, there's not much grounds, but it was beautiful.

August 15, 2014

We were able to see a couple of apartments at Walnut Woods and they were very nice. They had sitting rooms and laundry rooms on each floor, which also were very, very nice. The staff was very friendly and very nice. In fact, they were coming to our home and brought us a little gift from Walnut Woods. It was very surprising. Everybody was very nice. We were offered a meal but we didn't stay that day; however, the dining room had a very nice set-up. The place looked well cared for both inside and out. There was a feature that they had that I thought was very, very nice: If you're travelling and you're going into town, you can stay overnight as a guest in the place. That's very impressive.

January 28, 2014

By Dianne14

Walnut Woods was too far out in the country for my mother. The impression was that it was one of the older homes that we visited. I thought it had the best arrangements for refrigerators because it had them lifted up sitting on top of a cabinet instead of having to bend down to the floor to get something out of it. The people were very nice, they were very knowledgeable. They were having a veterans program that day to honor the veterans living in their facility and it was a very nice visit.

May 11, 2013

I went to Walnut Woods and it was wonderful. They had an excellent chef and they served three meals in a day. They also had games for seniors and the residents were nice too. The only drawback was that they did not have a full kitchen. I would recommend this place to others.

Photos of Walnut Woods

Features of Walnut Woods

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room

• Hiking Trails

About Walnut Woods

Walnut Woods is located in Boyertown, PA, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Walnut Woods for a visit...and stay!

Map of Walnut Woods