Chateau de Boise

Reviews of Chateau de Boise

Overview of Ratings

3.9

By harold.vw

Chateau de Boise is a very friendly place. The people are very friendly and it continues to be that way. I've been here about two months, and we have a lot of activities like card games, Wii Bowling, and Midnight Baseball. We've got people coming in. Actually, there's somebody downstairs playing the piano now, and it's really nice. We have adventure travels, scrabble, chess, checkers. All day long, they got something going on. They have a very good chef. The food is very good, too. I like this place very well. The staff was top-notch. They are very helpful and friendly. The residents are very friendly as well. It is a good place to be.

By VisitorZOBRR

I would not live at Chateau de Boise because they keep it too hot. My relative is in a furnished room that is comparable to a hotel room. You eat downstairs, and a maid takes care of the room. They have an exercise room, patio, and a big cafeteria. I was not able to eat there, but the food smelled good.

By Carolyn120695350

The people were friendly at Chateau de Boise, but the place was outdated, not very nice, and not very clean. It was dark and dreary, as well.
Hello Carolyn, my name is Katie and I'd like to thank you for sharing this honest and sincere feedback with us. We are so happy to hear you found the people here friendly, but am very sorry to hear your other comments regarding our building. We think, and hope you'll agree, it's the people inside that makes our community so special. Of course, we would love to welcome you back anytime should you care to take another look after viewing the other nearby retirement communities in the area. We hope you find happiness wherever you land, and wish you the best of luck in retirement! Thank you so much --Katie

October 30, 2015

By Susan115474650

Chateau de Boise was excellent. It’s much closer to where I live and spacious. It looks a little older but seemed to be in order, and the apartments and eating area were clean. Everybody looked healthy and happy. They accommodated us just fine, but my mother decided not to go to any facility.

September 30, 2015

Chateau de Boise was good as well as the staff. The rooms were clean and up to date. They had fieldtrips available, digital room, they had different activities like board games and they bring in musician that would perform.

September 29, 2015

By Caring111320450

My father has been in Chateau de Boise for a couple of months now, and everything is going very well. It was recommended by Caring.com, and it worked out really well for us. They've been very helpful and very supportive and helping me out with my father.

September 17, 2015

By Patricia113164750

Everything was great at Chateau de Boise. Everybody was respectful, friendly, and professional. It was nicely laid out, and we noticed a lot of things like a library, an exercise place, and a game room. I just liked everything about it.

August 31, 2015

Chateau De Boise was very nice and clean. They have friendly people and friendly staff. My only problem there is its assisted living; I don’t need assisted living. It was very nice, and everything was great. The friendly atmosphere is what I like the most.

August 15, 2015

Everybody seemed accommodating at Chateau de Boise. The building was a little bit older. The rooms were kind of far from the dining room. It seemed clean and well taken care of.

June 30, 2015

By Jeanie5

My brother is all settled at Chateau de Boise. It is an independent living facility, so he gets his meals, he gets housekeeping, and he is quite satisfied with that arrangement. There are quite a few people who are using walkers, wheelchairs, and that kind of thing, but there are also a lot of people who are very ambulatory. It is about $1,000 less a month than assisted living. At this point, he is able to manage his laundry and getting dressed, and that kind of thing. The staff has been very helpful, and the food is good. They have some choices if they don't like what is on the menu. His room is clean and very livable. They only have one elevator, and it's been broken a couple of times. I think that is a problem, but they are apparently replacing it. So that is why I am not giving them a five.

June 30, 2015

By Jenrose1

We visited Chateau de Boise. It seemed nice. The staff seemed friendly. We had the administrator spent time with us. We had a meal there, and it was good. They have nice rooms. I like the area too. It was backed off the street, and there were trees around there. The facility was nice. It was active and very independent. They have quite a bit of activities listed on the calendar.

July 23, 2014

By Sarita1

Chateau de Boise felt like there was a little bit more that the residents had to do, like they had to do their own laundry. They didn't have nurses that actually live there in the facility that would help you. I think it was only independent living. There was a vague smell of urine that kind of turned me off, and I don't know if it's just maybe because it's an older facility or because the residents had to do their own laundry, but that kind of turned me off. When I walked in there were some residents in front of the TV, and I think they were doing some sort of exercise. I also remember seeing residents playing bingo. I wasn't super impressed with the calendar of activities, and nothing really popped out at me that I can say "that sounds cool" about.

June 30, 2014

By Lone1

My brother is in Chateau. They have more activities than anybody can keep up with. That was one thing that I thought was pretty cool when I went up there. The rooms were very clean, and the grounds were well kept. He wasn't able to handle his own medications. That was a problem for a little while, and I think they got it straightened out. I think that they were really hospitable: they allowed me to stay in a guest room for 2 nights. They were really friendly and nice to me, and able to put me up, so I didn't have to go find a hotel. I thought the meals were extraordinary. There was an actual menu, and to me, it was a big deal. The other thing is they have accommodations for people who want to keep their pet. Other people live there who take their dogs out and walk them around the grounds. There are some rooms that have a door outdoors to a patio, so the person can take their dog outside without marching him through the hallways. Last time I talked to him, my brother sounded very happy about it.

August 13, 2013

By John66570250

Chateau de Boise is a nice place. I saw several rooms there; they have studios and one bedroom apartments available. They accept dogs. I had lunch there three times now. They invited me Sunday to have lunch, and they are very friendly. They have programs and would take people on shuttles or bring in entertainment. They have 300 facilities all over the United States. You have the option of going a week at a time to another facility at no extra cost. The room set up for that option was a really nicely furnished studio apartment.

Photos of Chateau de Boise

Features of Chateau de Boise

• Housing Extra: Cottages

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room

• Hiking Trails

About Chateau de Boise

Chateau de Boise is located in Boise, ID, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Chateau de Boise for a visit...and stay!

Map of Chateau de Boise