Palmer Hills

2617 Maplecrest Rd, Bettendorf, IA, 52722

Reviews of Palmer Hills

Jacklynn January 29, 2016

My mom didn’t like Palmer Hills as it was too small, and too classy. The staff was wonderful. The apartments were too small.

Caring108365750 July 29, 2015

My friend is at Palmer Hills. They are very accommodating to our needs. It is an excellent facility. There are a variety of floor plans, and they are all very nice, clean, and updated. Every time I eat there, the food is very good. The dining room is very clean. They have a lot of activities. Overall, the staff and their willingness to help is what impressed me most about this community.

Caring108785550 June 22, 2015

My husband really likes Palmer Hills. However, I want a place where I can do some cooking, and all they have is a microwave and a really small refrigerator, so that is not for me. Also the rooms that we looked at were way too big for us. However, they were spacious, and they were great. The residents were all in one group, and there was somebody entertaining them the day we were there. Aside from that, they have exercise equipment and stuff, but I don't know if we would use that or not.

Caring106136250 May 06, 2015

We moved our dad to Palmer Hills. It seemed very nice, and the meals were great. The staff is very helpful to get us oriented to the facility. They were very accommodating in getting the key and giving him paper work like the menu and answering all our questions leading up to this. The office staff is very friendly.

All of the rooms in Palmer Hills are very bright. There is a lot of light. The room is painted nicely, and the carpets are clean when we move in. Everything is very clean. I cannot tell you exactly what activities they have, but they have music, movies that they show, bingo, and live music sometimes. They have a good sense of community. The food is very good, and there are a lot of options, choices, and variety. It is fresh, and I think everyone can find something they like. The dining area is very spacious and bright with lots of windows, and they have servers that serve you like you are in a restaurant.

Iva1 October 31, 2014

Palmer Hills was a very nice place. I think it was probably more than I could afford, but they offered just about everything in the world. They have meals everyday, they have all kinds of classes like exercises, and they have social workers onsite that can help you if you have any problems. It was just very nice. My overall experience was excellent as far as what they offer. Except for the price, it's excellent. It was very pleasant. It was clean and nice. The people were nice. I would recommend it if the person could afford it. The place was very elegant and upper-class.

Sue49 September 30, 2014

I choose Palmer Hills mostly because of their geographic location to my work and my home. The facility also offers the pricing and the additional services that is within my expectation. They are very helpful. The food that she has is very adequate. The activities are likewise adequate. We choose a studio apartment, which is the size that we need for her. I suggest that they focus more time in integrating their new residents, and that will be for activating their internet, telephone, integrating the library system because we are big readers, and assisting with making sure that their transition from having a physician lined up that it be seamless. There shouldn't be any gap in time from their move from another community when they go into their facility. They should be right on top to make sure that the doctors, dentists, eye doctors, pharmacies, and all that need to be part of their move in package or check list to make sure that things are being done.

Mary98077350 August 30, 2014

My parents are in Palmer Hills going on three weeks now. We choose it because we feel that it meet their needs. One of the big factors is that although we know they are going to need assisted living in the future, we also know that we didn't want them to have to pay for that at this time. They will work with us on that terms when they need it, and they don't have to pay for any assisted living until they actually start needing the help. They are pretty much able to care for themselves, but having three meals a day prepared, activities and so forth while they are still independent, is a real plus as well. They also provide changing of their sheets, doing their linen and they also come to clean once a week for them. They have a variety of activities. They have exercise activities, they have movies, they have people that come in and do programs. Every morning and every afternoon, they provide coffee and tea available at all times. It is independent living, so they are also free to come and go, as they want. They have transportation available. We just find it to be what they need.

My sister and I eat meals there with them -- they are very proud of what they offer and the food is good. They have a lovely apartment. It is converted from a one-bedroom apartment and studio apartment. They join the two to make one apartment and it becomes exactly what they need because they need two bathrooms. The fact that the company is willing to provide for them the same cost that the other apartment is for when they are originally asking the price of the two apartments individually. Actually, the apartment they look at first is being look at by others. The woman who sees us through is very gracious and she shows my parents one more that has a few more amenities in favor of them. We find the price, the location, and what they are offering to be what we need and I did feel that they are very good and well established.

Caring10430650 April 30, 2014

The staff at Palmer Hills were very helpful and very attentive. It was quite a nice place, but the facility is a little older. The rooms were a little bit small, but they were nice and well kept.

Caring67163850 December 30, 2013

When I went to Palmer Hills, I like the place, but the smell of the cigarette was pretty strong and I wasn’t happy with that. I don’t really remember the specifics of their activities, but I know they have some. Overall, it's a nice place to live. The staff were very nice and the food is great. Their dining area was very nice too. The facility is just really expensive so I think they need to be a little more cost effective, but you get a lot for the money. The cigarette smoke was just my biggest issue.

From Palmer Hills

Palmer Hills is located in Bettendorf, IA, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Palmer Hills for a visit...and stay!

Features of Palmer Hills

• Hiking trails

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Dining extra: Private dining room