Sterling Heights Gracious Retirement Living

3500 Fairview St, Bethlehem, PA, 18017

Top nearby Independent Living Communities

Reviews of Sterling Heights Gracious Retirement Living

Caring108247850 March 26, 2015

Sterling Heights was independent living, and my father-in-law just wasn't a candidate for that, but it was an absolutely gorgeous facility, and the apartments were very nice. But as nice as it was, it just wouldn't meet his needs; he needs more assistance than what they offered. It just wasn't for us. It is perfect for someone who could be a little more independent. The staff was very nice, we had a nice tour, and they took all the time with us to answer questions and such, but like I said, it just wasn’t for us. Their dining area was very nice. They have a winding staircase that overlooked the dining area, and I think you got to pick your own spot.

Lori36 March 18, 2015

One of the things we liked about Sterling Heights is how they didn't smell like a hospital. A lot of these places smell like old people and look like old people homes, but this one didn't. It was very nicely decorated and very clean. Everybody was very friendly. They have a lot of activities that you can participate in. It is not really an assisted living facility, but an independent living facility. You need to be well enough to handle all your own needs. They have people come in too, whether it be a therapist or things like that. They don't give you your medicine. You take care of them yourself, and they don't dispense them to you. It was very nice. They love the food and everything. When you setup the visitation, they want you to come over one of the meal times, so we went over lunch. We got to see how they run lunch. It was very nice, and the food is very good.

Caring98867550 December 22, 2014

We have found Sterling Heights for my mom. What I like best about this one is that it is new and very clean. It is beautifully maintained and kept. The room is beautiful. It is open and bright. It is very pretty. Regarding the staff, they're all very friendly, very helpful, and very clean looking. They're very nice people. My mom has not yet moved in, but we hope that she'll be moving in soon.

Deborah123 December 18, 2014

Sterling Heights was very nice, but it was too expensive. It’s beautiful, they supply three meals, and it’s pretty nice. They have a gym, tours, and a pool. The one woman that walked us through it was very nice. They have a recreation room with a pool table.

Barbara60615050 September 30, 2014

Sterling Heights is where my mom is at now. It is a month-to-month. Their apartments are the most beautiful apartments I have ever seen. Sterling Heights is beautiful, but they're new here to us. They're supposed to be OK -- they were promised to be -- but they're just not ready I guess. They run out of food, and their meals, in the beginning when we were first there, had been amazing. They will not supply steaks because they say it is so expensive, so you eat fish or chicken, and most of the time, my mom doesn't even eat there anymore. Her kitchen is not a full kitchen, but you can bring your microwave and stuff. It is a little efficiency apartment, but it is beautiful. My mom goes to exercise class and they put a video on and that's what they do, just that video. It is a beautiful place, but they're going through their problems. It is cheaper than any place we have been to. However, they need to stop making promises they're not going to keep. My mom should go down and have a restaurant-style dinner because that's what they said. She has the right to demand things that they promised her. They need to keep the kitchen staff; I don't know why they couldn't. They had been through seven chefs since my mother moved in since this summer. Also, how they can trust their staff when they haven't been there a long time? They're firing so many or letting them go or not showing up, but the high point is, I don't care if that's happening, my mother shouldn't suffer from it.

Debra15 September 27, 2013

He is in a place really close to me now called Sterling Heights. The place is brand new and they provide three meals a day. They do a lot of activities and it's the cheapest facility that we've found.

About Sterling Heights Gracious Retirement Living

Sterling Heights Gracious Retirement Living is an independent living community in Bethlehem, PA designed for seniors, normally 55+, who are able to care for themselves and wish to live independently. Contact Sterling Heights Gracious Retirement Living for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Location of Sterling Heights Gracious Retirement Living