Top Nearby Independent Living Communities
Reviews of Heritage Ridge Independent Living
June 21, 2015
I am/was a resident of this facility
November 13, 2012
I visited this facility
Photos of Heritage Ridge Independent Living
About Heritage Ridge Independent Living
Heritage Ridge Independent Living, Assisted Living & Memory Care delivers their mission to design programs to keep tenants independent as long as possible, while meeting their individual needs. With new buildings erected in 2010, the Bellevue, Nebraska facility is equipped to accommodate the numerous activities available to residents. Because a life enrichment program is key in the well-being of older adults, residents with all levels of needs are included in abundant activities and outings. Even those receiving memory care services thrive as they participate in activities along with the assisted living and independent population. "The home is so resident-focused," remarks Corporate Director at parent company Heritage Management Services, Lori Paulsen.
Ms. Paulsen is proud of the diversity Heritage Ridge provides. Because Bellevue is located in an Air Force Base community, residents come from all over the world, with most out-of-towners hailing from Europe. Thus, the facility comprises all ages and is quite a stimulating community. Imagine the number of stories in the number of colorful languages you might hear at the dinner table there! Heritage Ridge's diversity is certainly unusual for Nebraska.
The connection with the Air Force Base community also brings another interesting feature: an observation deck for viewing numerous nearby air shows. Understandably, the general population of the community may find these shows entertaining, but they are especially valued by retired Air Force residents.
Heritage Ridge's enrichment program includes surprising outings such as trips to casinos and shopping, lunches out and even a river boat cruise! Happy Hour is held every Friday with a bartender on board, and the onsite pub includes lockers for residents to store their beverages.
Finally, not all retirement options allow animals, but Heritage Ridge does, realizing that mature individuals find great comfort in their small pets.
Heritage Ridge realizes that keeping all levels of residents together (assisted living, independent living and memory care) maintains the richness of the community and enhances the well-being of those with greater needs.
Words can paint a picture, but nothing compares to seeing with your own eyes. Schedule a tour today!
- Skylight at entry
- Bright and neutral decor
- Elegant, well-appointed dining room
- Private dining room available at no charge for parties
- Beautiful outdoor courtyard
- Underground parking and detached garages available
- Solid oak doors at resident units
- Craftsman style, lots of wood
- Personal safety pendant call system for 24-hour assistance
- All utilities paid except phone
- Full-sized refrigerator and microwave
- Drop-down seats in the showers
- Expanded cable television
- Wireless internet
- Complimentary laundry facilities
- Beauty salon
- Coffee shop
- Observation deck
- Dog run
- Walking trail accessible
Twenty-four/seven! Residents can rely on a certified and attentive on-site staff. Heritage Ridge also allows for third-party providers, such as home health workers and hospice care.
- Three restaurant-style meals and snacks every day
- Weekly housekeeping & laundry (sheets and towels)
- Medication administration
- Onsite podiatrist
- Incontinent care
- Weekly whirlpool bath
- Recreational trips and extensive activities
- Transportation equipped with chair lift
- Religious services
- Competitive services "“ few places in the area have so many and so deep, including sensitive care needs
- Home-like feel due to the richness of the woody, Craftsman decor
- Close to Offutt Air Force Base
- Diversity of community