Edgewood Downs

7799 Sw Scholls Ferry Rd, Beaverton, OR, 97008

Reviews of Edgewood Downs

Anonymous120137050 November 30, 2015

During my visit in Edgewood Downs, I was attracted to the friendliness and professionalism of the staff. They were very helpful. The rooms and apartments looked good. It was obvious that the maintenance of the community was very good. They offered me a meal, but I didn't have time to eat, so I refused. The dining room was finely set up. I didn't see any activities, but they had an activities director. Overall, the consistency and persistence of the managers was impressive. We appreciate their sincerity to help us.

Gary115873150 November 30, 2015

Britney, the manager, was an absolute doll. She went above and beyond trying to help us out and went out of her way to go up and see my mom. I was just amazed. I was absolutely overwhelmed by her generosity and willingness to try and make things happen for my mom. I only saw the one room that my mom was going to try which was a clean studio. It didn’t have a bedroom. It was just one room with a bathroom. She was starting to get some furniture gathered to put in there so that she wouldn’t have to bring anything. It was neat, tidy, and nice. The dining room is spacious, warm, and inviting. I didn’t get to try any of their meals, but they assured me that they have a great chef and that their food is quite good. Because of Britney, I would give it a 4-star rating.

Anonymous115249650 November 10, 2015

Edgewood Downs was very nice but too small. The living room has a coffee table, couch, chair and TV. You could not put more in there without it looking too cluttered. We stayed overnight in the guest room. Our bed would not fit in there and my husband couldn’t get his wheelchair up against the bed except at the foot, so the bedroom was very tiny. We need a facility that has at least a 1,000 square feet; this has 750 square feet with two bedrooms. The people were wonderful, but it just would not have worked. I don’t think we could manage it there with our needs: the wheelchair and our 60-pound dog. The corners were very tight to have to push the portable wheelchair around. It just wouldn’t work for us, but it would be great for one person. It wasn’t realistic for us. The kitchen was just tiny with a microwave and a tiny sink at maybe eight inches square, and did not have an oven or stove. It was just pretty uncomfortable. The room looked out to a parking lot of a school which wasn’t terribly enlightening. It just wasn’t a good fit for us at all.

Pat111055750 October 29, 2015

I liked everything about Edgewood, and I spent four days there. I liked that they serve the main meals at lunch. I liked the people because they were very friendly.

Nora4 August 22, 2015

Mom has been at Edgewood Downs for the last six weeks now. We chose it because it was clean. The people were very friendly and personable. They looked happy and smiling. They have a chapel and a hairdresser on site. They also have a little store on site. The activities that they have were movies and different activities planned in the facility. Three meals a day was also included as well as snacks. They have nursing on site, so if you are worried and have concerns about your loved one, you can call them, and they will do a welfare check as well as be available for any medical needs.

Caring61053350 November 01, 2014

I visited Edgewood Downs, and I thought it was OK. What I looked at was the studio, and it appeared to be clean; it didn’t smell or anything when I walked in which can happen to some of those facilities, and I received all the answers that I wanted.

Daughterlooking June 13, 2014

I visited this community and I was impressed. Although the community is older, they do a wonderful job of making the environment comfortable for the resident's. It made me feel like I was visiting my Mom. The other communities in the area looked and felt more hotel like. The woman who took me around was great. She seemed like she really cared about the folks who lived there. She was very helpful when explaining what my nexts steps for my Mom should be. I am still looking around but haven't found any other community in which I felt that comfortable. It was explained to me that they are like a big family and I felt it while there. I had lunch there and it was served restaurant style and the food was GREAT! I will be showing my mother 3 places when she visits me and Edgewood Downs is currently top on my list.

Caring86197050 May 30, 2014

Edgewood Downs was terrible. I thought the lady who took me around did not show me any of the merits. I was very disappointed in the tour. The food was Ok, but not very good and not to my liking. I like to eat restaurant style, not cafeteria style. The rooms were terrible. Absolutely awful. They need to be upgraded. They were fine 30 years ago, but they're passé now. And I think they needed more buses for trips, as they can only take 16 people at a time. The food should be restaurant style rather than the way it was. I would never move there.

Caring79548850 March 27, 2014

The staff at Edgewood Downs seemed to be pretty good. It is assisted living, and she's not ready for assisted living. She takes care of herself and everything is fine, but this is not the place she wants to be in because they have Alzheimer's people walking around and she's not like that. They have a church gathering on Sundays. They have people come in and sing. They have a little craft sales going on, but my sister doesn't do much with them because she doesn't like it there. She was kind of put in a place that she doesn't fit in. I really was not impressed by what I've seen.

linda sharpe February 26, 2014

Edgewood Downs is very positive in their approach. They have good follow-up. The staff has been wonderful. As a matter of fact, when I had my surgery two weeks ago, one of the staff members came and he was a former minister and he prayed with me. They're very, very friendly and people-oriented and even knowing that I'm not going to move there anytime soon, they invite me to different activities. I've had lunch out there when something is going on and so they've been just wonderful to us. I know part of it is the marketing but most of it, though, comes from the heart. The rooms looked very promising. The places are clean and well kept, lots of activities. The food has been good every time I went or had a meal. It?s been a positive experience.

Lisa20 April 30, 2013

The rooms are pretty small at Edgewood Downs. But the place seems clean, and I like the location and amenities they have. It would be nice if the studio apartment is a little bigger.

Misty1 February 28, 2013

I was very impressed with Edgewood Downs. It's very clean, the environment is nice and it's very pleasant to be in. The lady that showed me around was very, very nice and congenial and she showed me some of the rooms. They have a very nice restaurant, lounges where people could sit and watch TV, and a music area. There are activities every day, outings, or something for people to do. I was quite impressed. The cost include maid service, linen changing, and meals. They also have a salon and a little shop. They have everything you could ever want. It was a comprehensive facility. I would recommend this place.

livinginor January 11, 2012

I moved my mother into Edgewood Downs a little over a year ago. It is an independent care facility, so each resident has their own apartment which range from studios to 2 bedrooms. Included in the quite reasonable monthly rent are 3 meals a day, snacks throughout the day, all kinds of activities, bus transportation to shopping and doctor appointments, once a week housecleaning which also includes fresh sheets, and all utilities are included even cable tv. The only utility you have to pay for on your own is your phone service. They take the residents on some great bus trips to places like Spirit Mountain casino, Bonneville dam, picnic areas, holiday concerts, and scenic drives, just to name a few. Another plus are the special speakers who come in to talk about senior related issues. My mom loves the music performances and singers that come in from time to time and really appreciates how the managers decorate so beautifully for all the special occasions. It makes her feel very appreciated and cared for. The staff has been very helpful and truly care about the residents. They have went above and beyond many times, especially when my mom had just moved here from CA and had tons of questions, concerns as she was completely new to Oregon. At Edgewood Downs you can choose to be as active as you want or just relax in your apartment or the library. Lots of residents enjoying putting together puzzles in the activity room, playing billiards, joining the exercise classes or enjoying movie nights on the big screen tv. My mother has been extremely happy there. She especially loves her beanbag baseball team. They even have team shirts and travel to different facilities to compete. I have eaten there many times and the food has been excellent. The head chef takes pride in all he does and many times will come around to the tables himself to make sure every one is happy. If you don't like the main dish, they always have some very nice substitutes. The grounds are kept beautifully with lots of color in the hanging planters over the summer. The courtyard area is nice for sitting and relaxing and my mother loves to show me the beautiful multi colored roses when they are blooming. If I had to say anything negative it would be that lots of the residents use walkers and the main elevator is too small to accomodate more than 3 or 4 people at a time. But other than that, no complaints. We truly made a great decision choosing Edgewood Downs.

From Edgewood Downs

Edgewood Downs is located in Beaverton, OR, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Edgewood Downs for a visit...and stay!

Features of Edgewood Downs

• Hiking trails

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Dining extra: Private dining room