Briarcrest Estates

14525 Clayton Rd, Ballwin, MO, 63011

Reviews of Briarcrest Estates

Visitor121878050 March 16, 2016

Briarcrest is very nice. However, it was too far from my home. The people were very nice. The gentleman I spoke with took a lot of time with me and answered all of my questions. The rooms were nice, and typical of every other place I looked.

Nancy121298350 March 09, 2016

The rooms at Briarcrest Estates were small compared to where my parents live now but very nice. They have karaoke nights and bingo, a library, and a common place for talking and hanging out. It seems like a very nice facility overall.

Son-in-law1 January 18, 2016

My mom-in-law is at Briarcrest Estates. I've been there twice and so far, so good. She has a good-sized studio room with a large bathroom. It has a kitchenette with a sink and a refrigerator and a cable TV hooked up but not available as of that moment. It has a door that opens up to a patio.

Ruth115085550 October 28, 2015

We went to Briarcrest Estates. It was very nice. The rooms were very nice too. This facility was more of an independent living than assisted living, so it wasn't going to work with my dad. The person that we talked to was extremely helpful and very nice. The facility was very clean. It looked like the people that were there were enjoying themselves, so it was very nice.

Be Happy1 September 02, 2015

The rooms were alright in living space.
However it's carpeting were too old looking.

Caring110747250 June 30, 2015

I went to look at Briarcrest Estates for my mother. I think this facility is a wonderful place. It is smaller than many of the others. It is also older. The employees were tenured. The grounds were A+. I did check one or two rooms there. I thought they were very well kept and maintained. I also saw the game rooms and the gathering rooms. There were plenty of recreational activities scheduled throughout the month for just about every level of capabilities that there is. It was comprehensive from what I saw. The staff was very friendly. I like Briarcrest Estates.

Caring102593350 May 05, 2015

We visited Briarcrest Estates, but dad doesn’t want to move in yet. I love everything about this place. The ones that we talked to are great, and I would encourage anybody to go and look at it. The rooms were great. The one bedroom is huge with a lot of closet space and a little kitchen. It also has a huge bathroom, and I thought that is great. We had lunch there, and they did have a menu so you had a choice. We enjoyed the food. From what I remember, they have some group exercises, and they have a little library as well as they have a TV room and a movie room. Those are the ones that I can remember. All in all, it was a good place.

Caring90015950 September 17, 2014

Briarcrest was fine. It wasn't quite up to par like the other ones we saw were. The food, though, was absolutely wonderful. And, they had a lot of different programs for the people and things like that. The rooms were not quite as big, and I would have liked a bigger area because my husband and I live in such a big house. But other than that, I liked it. The staff was marvelous, but they neglected to say anything to us when I told them that we couldn't afford it and that the only way for us to go in was to go to assisted living, and they didn't even have assisted living in this facility. They didn't tell us, until about the last minute, that it was all private pay.

Caring7411 July 27, 2014

Mother has been at Briarcrest for two months now. We chose this one mainly because of the price and their on-site care group. If she needs extra care, she could get it at a cost. It’s not really considered assisted living, but you can get assistance if you need it. It’s clean, it doesn’t smell, and the amenities are very good for most part for the seniors. They run the facility well. The rooms are really nice, and they’re air-conditioned. It has a kitchenette, a refrigerator, and you can get a microwave. There is no stove for cooking because they provide 3 meals a day. The dining area is like a diner type. We’ve eaten there and the food is pretty good. She has not gotten fully involved with the activities. We keep on encouraging her; I think she’s still feeling her way around and getting acclimated to the place. They take them on excursions, and they provide a bus for transportation, church services, game nights, like bingo, and movie nights. The transportation needs to be improved. The bus for transportation is only provided part-time. I would like to see full-time transportation. Also, it doesn’t have a lifter for those who have wheelchairs and scooters who can’t get up and get around. Those are the things that they should be aware of and improve because that’s a safety feature.

Geneva3 March 31, 2014

Briarcrest Estates was pretty nice but expensive. The staff was very nice. They were friendly and warm. Everything was clean and cheerful. The food was very good. The dining room was spacious. I really just saw one medium-sized room. It had a kitchenette, and I liked it. It was just more than I can afford.

Caring78426250 February 27, 2014

The main thing I judged Briarcrest Estates on was the accommodations. The 1-bedroom apartments were too small. The bathrooms are larger than their bedrooms and the living area. I guess they have to make them big to turn wheelchairs and stuff around but it seems to waste a lot of space to me. That was the number one thing.

They serve three meals a day, if I remember right, and I'm not really interested in that. That would be fine if it was assisted living. They have all the activities, the trips, games, the exercise. The staff was welcoming and they've done a follow-up call. What I'm looking for does not match with what they have. I would recommend them only if they would be satisfied with the amount of space available.

Caring77550850 February 01, 2014

Briarcrest Estates was fine. They took me around. Everything looked good. The staff is very friendly. I'm a nurse so I could tell it's a nice place to work. On the lowest level, the room I saw hadn't been repainted, so it wasn't very impressive. But the next level was very impressive. I would live there, but my dad who wanted me to go look, changed his mind.

D. Price July 29, 2013

Briarcrest Estates was a beautifully decorated three-storey facility with big windows and very good lighting. It was pretty. The maintenance was good. The food was also good. However, the dining room was very crowded and they only have one elevator. So, people with mobility problems will have difficulty to get to, from and get around the dining area. The bathroom near the dining room and the recreation area where the fitness center was and where they had the activities and the movie screening rooms, none of those had handicap bars or waste toilet which make it difficult for anybody with mobility problem to the convenient bathroom. They do not allow the use of bleach in the washers and they had house cleaning and they do your linen. So, you might have linen that someone else had slept on the night before which had just been laundered and no bleach, I just thought that was poor hygiene.

Anonymous9690 June 22, 2013

Briarcrest Estates was small and it was an independent living facility, I looked for an assisted living facility. They built new apartments on my visit and the two bedroom apartments were beautiful. The staff were great and the food was excellent. They needed to keep redecorating though. I would still recommend this place to other seniors.

Martha8 May 13, 2013

Briarcrest was the closest to where I liked to be. The lady there was extremely nice and charming. The facility was absolutely nice. The rooms were nice-sized. The dining room was really beautiful although I didn't eat there. They had a swimming pool and the whole works. You could do anything you wanted. The facility was very organized.

However, the building was way too big that it was terrifying. You could look down the hall for a mile and you'd think you'd never get to your room. Everything was very plush and elegant though. It's a great place if you want to live on a cruise ship.

I guess I liked the area, but not where they put the building. It's a little bit difficult for me to get there because it's in the middle of an industrial area. When you look out the window, you're not sure what you're going to be looking at.

From Briarcrest Estates

Briarcrest Estates is located in Ballwin, MO, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Briarcrest Estates for a visit...and stay!

Features of Briarcrest Estates

• Hiking trails

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Dining extra: Private dining room