Carriage House Estates

8200 Westwold Dr, Bakersfield, CA, 93311

Reviews of Carriage House Estates

Pat101406150 January 22, 2015

Carriage House is very nice. I have a friend who lives there in the assisted living. Her room is very nice. She has a studio which is quite large. The staff is very nice. The food is really good, and they have all kinds of activities from bingo to education classes.

Lovelylady0023456 August 26, 2014

Carriage House was beautiful. Everybody there was wonderfully nice and friendly. We saw three different rooms; they were neat and clean. The sanitation was flawless. We ate there and the food was excellent. The price is good, the service all seemed wonderful; and they have a lot of things going on. That’s where my father will go if he decides to move to a long-term care facility.

caring10251 March 29, 2014

Carriage House is a fabulous place, but it is very expensive. It’s arranged beautifully, and it’s got great food. You can eat in small groups if you want, or alone. It’s an amazing place; you can have your own apartment or little cottage. The rooms are a nice size, and the cottages have adequate rooms for two, and they’re cozy. They have groups that go and entertain them, and they have a van that takes people where they want to go.

Barbara79763750 February 27, 2014

I like the Carriage House. It has monitoring on them where they could check in and they got checked in on all the time if they have memory issues where they're going to have memory work but you can pay them a little extra. They invite them to different programs.

I'm used to living in a big house so the rooms both seemed small but livable. The staff is very friendly. The residents all seemed happy and well cared for. The facility was clean and they smelled well and it looked like they had much of activities for the seniors which I was pleased with.

I like the Carriage House because if your aging parent is needing additional care, they have that transition for a little more assisted before they go into the memory care unit because I don't think all patients are ready for the memory unit where they need that transition where they have that little bit of extra help or reminders to get them through the day.

Peggy22 November 20, 2013

Carriage House Estates was a very nice place. However, I didn't particularly care for the way the menus were set up. People at lunchtime or dinnertime would bring a tray around and they would choose off what they want. You don't get to choose ahead of time. You also only have a choice of two different things and if you don't like either one of those (which I didn't during my visit), that's too bad. I just didn't like that.

Melinda10 October 30, 2013

My mother-in-law is at Carriage House Estates. We met with one of the administration and we really liked the facility. It was very light and decorated very nicely. The rooms are very nice. My mother-in-law had a nice feeling about how they were treated. The other people there were very friendly.

From Carriage House Estates

Carriage House Estates is located in Bakersfield, CA, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Carriage House Estates for a visit...and stay!

Features of Carriage House Estates

• Housing extra: Cottages

• Hiking trails

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Dining extra: Private dining room