The Continental

4604 South Lamar Blvd, Austin, TX, 78745

Reviews of The Continental

Catherine29 August 21, 2015

My older sister opted for The Continental in Austin. My sister really likes it. They offer home health which is not exactly assisted living, but what they offer seems to be appropriate for what she was looking for, and so far we are happy. She has only been there not even a week, but the people are extremely helpful, nice, and attentive. The facilities are all wonderful, and she likes the food. I haven't heard anything negative from her about the place. They have a full schedule of activities. They go out to plays, movies, and restaurants. They take people to groceries stores and to doctors' appointments. There is always something going on, and it is very active. You can bring your own stuff. They have about six or seven floor plans ranging from a very small to a large two bedroom. They are all attractive. They put new stuff in before each new resident moves in, so the carpet is new, and the room is beautifully painted. They are quite nice. One thing that I especially appreciated is that compared to comparable independent living that has home health in the premises, their community's first time non-refundable fees is only half the rent. So that was especially attractive considering how nice the place is.

Caring105957350 May 28, 2015

I’m kind of pleased with the staff and everything. My brother has a one bedroom, and it is satisfactory. I’ve only eaten there once or twice, but he seems OK with it. They have stuff going on every week, and they have transportation. The Continental is a caring atmosphere. I would recommend. I like the staff, and it is conveniently located.

Caring101541750 February 11, 2015

I liked The Continental because cost effectively they're good. They seem to have a lot of things going on. They are kind of a hustle and bustle type of place. The rooms are good. My mom is going to get a one bedroom, and it is nice. Most of the rooms have a balcony which is a nice thing to have as well. As for the meals, some of the other facilities only do two meals a day or they have this really weird meal deal going on. But over here, they provide three meals a day. The guy that does the activity is great. I really liked him. They all have the same thing like bridge, arts and crafts, and tours to places. They also have a home and health care company that resides on the property which mother is going to need for my dad.

We are glad to hear you have chosen The Continental for your mother, and we look forward providing her a warm and caring community here in Austin. Our dedicated staff is available 24/7 to assist each residents and provide you with the peace of mind your loved one is safe. Along with 3 meals daily, we also offer wellness and fitness classes, outings, social mixers, transportation, housekeeping and so much more. Please let us know if there is anything we can ever do to improve your mother’s stay or your expectations.

Caring2235 October 26, 2014

My daughter decided to stay at The Continental for retirees, but one year later we were moving her again because she was too alone and she was not able to take care of herself. Because it is a retirement community, the residents were very independent and have to be very independent. The room was beautiful, she had two rooms with a large living room area, a small kitchenette, a bedroom, and two baths.

Rick25 October 16, 2014

The Continental was my favorite of those. It was the place that was just independent living. I thought the apartments were really nice. They have great balconies on all the apartments. The landscaping was beautiful. It was set in the middle of a big greenbelt so there weren’t a lot of businesses or roads around it. Certainly the facility was clean, spacious, and had the remoteness away from the city, streets, and noises. Food was the best there. The people were the nicest ones I ever met. They have like ambassadors to some older people and they were all around greeting people. Everybody looked like they were happy there. Again, they didn’t have assisted living or a wheelchair lift.

LovelyLady0000031 March 20, 2014

The Continental is very clean. The facility is nice, but just a bit expensive. My dad chose it because it's very close to my house, close to his doctor and to the senior center where he goes on a weekly basis. They provide 3 communal meals a day, despite it's an independent living, so he doesn't need to cook. They seemed to have a lot of activities. He has the opportunity to be with other people.

Caring69203150 October 18, 2013

My husband's family chose The Continental Retirement for their parents. They liked the place and they decided that's the place to be for them. The staff seemed to be really nice, very helpful, and very competent with what they are doing. The place is beautiful. Staff would come in and clean their apartment at least once a week, if not more often, and I think that's awesome. My father is not very happy with the turnover of the cooks and some of the staff working in the cafeteria because some of the meals were not good and then some were excellent. They have different groups over there. They have groups for arts and crafts. They also have church services in there, but to my knowledge they have not gotten involved in any of the activities as of yet.

Adrienne3 October 13, 2013

There are several things that I liked about The Continental Retirement Community. I like the arrangement of the apartment. They are of good size. They have a small kitchen and the people that run it were extremely nice. So far, I am extremely pleased with everything.

From The Continental

Offering all-inclusive retirement living for an affordable monthly price, The Continental is a residential community for active, independent seniors who want to enjoy carefree retirement living at its finest. We are located in South Austin near Barton Creek Wildness Park with convenient access to shopping malls, restaurants, hospitals and Austin International Airport.

As a Sunshine Retirement Living Community, The Continental shares the same mission to be a preferred senior living provider through offering choice, value and independence to each of our valued residents.

Featured Amenities

At The Continental, you’ll enjoy the convenience of apartment-style living with the added benefit of weekly housekeeping and linen changing. Select from our one- and two-bedroom floor plan options which feature ample living and dining space as well as fully equipped kitchens. As a pet-friendly community, you are also welcome to bring along your furry companions.

To help you stay active, we provide a full schedule of daily activities and events. Work up a sweat with one of our on-site exercise classes, challenge a friend to a rousing game of bridge or Bingo, or enjoy your favorite film during one of our popular movie nights.

Available Services

As part of our all-inclusive retirement experience, you’ll enjoy home maintenance services, paid utilities (except telephone), cable television, wireless Internet service, complimentary laundry facilities, and transportation to errands and appointments. In addition, our community managers live right on site to assist you 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

You’re also entitled to three meals per day in our elegant dining room. Choose breakfast, lunch, dinner or all three. Our chefs prepare an assortment of dishes from fresh, wholesome ingredients right on site for your dining pleasure. Meals are served table-side by friendly wait staff.

Discover what truly carefree retirement living is like at The Continental in Austin.

Ask about our Sunshine Travel Program - Our unique travel program gives you the chance to explore 16 cities in 7 states. Have a Question, Concern or Comment? Welcome to your Sunshine Community, Meet Mr. Sunshine. Ask about our unique Sunshine Wellness Program

Features of The Continental

• Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym

• Private services

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• We charge an entry fee
  • Monthly rent is all inclusive
  • Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month-rental

• We offer respite care (short term stays)

• We help families understand VA benefits