Englewood Estates

2603 Jones Rd, Austin, TX, 78745

Reviews of Englewood Estates

July 31, 2016

By EW concerns

This has been our families first experience with an Independent Retirement Center. I wish I could give it a higher rating, but I cannot. The management goes over the top to be nice when you are looking into the property, but after you move in reality hits. We find the on sight managers to be condescending and not particularly helpful. There is frequent turnover among housekeeping who also serve as dining room help. The maintenance team, staffed by 2, seem to have way too much to do. The building is old and not well maintained. For what my parent pays to live at Englewood, I feel like the owners make a big profit and aren't too concerned about finding the best management team or taking care of the property. It hurts my heart. Food is getting better...one upside! Oh, and the residents are pretty terrific...just wish they were more respected!

Hi, my name is Katie, and I'd like to thank you for reaching out and sharing your feedback with us. We love what we do, and consider it an honor to get to serve seniors - so when we receive reviews such as yours, we are very motivated in learning more so we can work to improve the level and quality of service and care we provide even more. We're very sorry to hear about your father's negative experience at Englewood Estates, and want to try and make it right.At your convenience, can you get in touch with our Resident Relations team at 1-800-370-83 31, and share with them additional detail? We want to make sure we get this right, for you, and all our residents!

May 11, 2016

By Susan112776150

Mom loved living at Englewood Estates because the place that she lived was almost like a standalone home. She still felt really independent other than the fact that toward the end of her living time there, she got really lonesome and it didn't provide itself. She lived independently and not in the main building. And she needs to be around people more. But she loved it there. They clean her house once a week. The people that live there were expected to take care of themselves and do whatever needs to be done on their own. They had activities but she did not participate a lot in it because she had to walk into the building anytime she wanted like eat a meal. It was a good long couple of blocks to even get in there. She lived in a big 2-bedroom unit. They also had 1-bedroom and studio. They had more to choose from. The residents kind of watch out for each other and kept up with each other.

January 30, 2016

By Larry119509850

Englewood Estates was terrible. I put down a huge deposit, but then they would not return it. We talked to the head office, and they finally returned my money. It was an apartment building. It did not appear to have much staff. You get a room for the rent, and then you pay extra for everything else. The staff were accommodating when I visited. The place was not suitable for my mother, and I did not realize it until I read all the materials they gave me.
Hello Larry, my name is Katie, and I work for Holiday. I'm happy to hear you found our staff to be accommodating and that we were able to find resolution to your concerns, and am also very sorry to hear we did not get the opportunity to serve your family. To be clear, our communities are all-inclusive; along with a private apartment, our residents also receive 3 chef prepared meals every day, access to transportation, and a robust activities+enrichment program (and so much more). We thank you again for your interest, and wish you well in your continued search for senior housing! Thank you, Katie

November 30, 2015

I was not impressed with Englewood Estates and wouldn’t have been interested in living there at all. Their kitchen wasn’t like a regular kitchen where you have a little refrigerator, and the cabinets were not very nice. I didn’t think the room was as nice as where I would like to live. The staff was very nice but had so many things to do that they did not have time to spend with me.

June 30, 2015

I visited Englewood Estates. I like all the safety facilities that they have, and the people are friendly. Everybody is great. It's safer there than living by myself with my dog. Every single day they have activities for everybody from games to get-togethers to live entertainment. As far as I am concerned, I asked questions and they were answered properly. I met so many friends, and I feel that they are a family now, even if I am not living there yet.

May 28, 2015

By Catherine29

We visited Englewood Estates, and we really like it, but their buy-in fee is rather steep. It is not too far from where I live. It was great. They were very helpful, and they were all very nice. The place is really attractive. But they didn't have as many apartments available there. They offer the same kinds of things like transportation everywhere. They invited me to lunch, but I didn't do it because I didn't have time. I like the location because it was in a nice neighborhood. If someone were to ask, I'd tell them to go visit Englewood Estates because it is a very nice facility. It was quite good.

January 06, 2015

By Linda103915050

Englewood Estates is independent living, so it’s a good transition for my dad from living in the apartment. They provide 3 meals a day, seven days a week which is the main problem for him. He now has to socialize with people and eat, and that is one of the things that is very good for him. This place is a 3-story building with 24hr on-call staff, and they have security. They have lots of activities, and it’s a wonderful place for my dad. They clean the bathroom, and they have a piano in the central entry room.

July 19, 2014

Englewood Estates is the facility that I moved my mom into. It's independent living, and it's not as expensive as the other facilities. We've been very pleased with this place. The meals are good, and the upkeep of the facility is good. They do exercises in the morning. They have a younger activities director, and she is doing a really good job. She will do something every other week, and she will do little day trips, and that has been particularly successful. The residents really seem to enjoy that. For the money they pay, it has worked out well for us. I think Mom is pretty happy there.

June 30, 2014

I checked Englewood Estates, and I saw that they have a nice-sized bathroom, which I think will help my mother. The place looked clean, and it didn't smell odd or anything. We didn’t eat there, but I saw that the dining room was very well appointed, and it has a very nice view of the outside. So far, I like the staff and the facility itself.

May 31, 2014

By Scott17

My mom went to Englewood Estates. She liked it, as well as the people there. It was close to where she used to be, her doctors, and even the groomer for her dog. I liked her place. They cleaned her room once a week, provided her three meals a day, and there were lots of activities. They had a community room, and the dining room was where they played bingo. The lobby area was where they set up activities, like jewelry day. They set up jewelry and did their hair. The only thing I was upset about was they couldn't seem to keep the staff.

January 31, 2014

We had a good tour at Englewood Estates. The problem was that they didn’t have enough space for us. We need a larger apartment than what they have there. The staff were knowledgeable and courteous. The food was average.

December 30, 2013

A friend of my daughter suggested to me to look at Englewood Estates because her father who lived there liked it. So, we visited it. It was good and it was an independent living. They had little cottages at the back and I really liked that concept because not many of them have that. That meant we could keep furniture and stuff. The facility was nice. The dining room was nice and the people all looked happy. It was a nice environment. If you could walk, you could go to the main building where you eat. However, if walking was a problem, well I guess you would need one of those carts or something like that.

December 30, 2013

By June10

Englewood Estates was wonderful. They had so much activities for the people that live there. They called and invited me frequently. I would be there tomorrow for lunch. Even though I had no plan of moving there, they were so nice to me. They took me any time I wanted to stop by and had a meal with them. I told them recently that my living situation would be changing. But if I was going to stay here in Austin, they would be my first consideration. I had a friend who lived there and she was very happy there.

October 29, 2013

By Frustrated Kathy

Other

Be very, very sure you want to live here BEFORE you sign the contract. My stepfather thought this is where he wanted to move with my mother. While being shown the unit he wanted, the Englewood employee mentioned that another couple was interested in it and if he didn't want it she would be calling them. She made this comment several times. So my father signed the contract in a room with three Englewood employees but no one representing his interest was in the room at the time. After a very sleepless night and a very upset wife (she has dementia and does not want to move from their home) he called the very next morning to say he had changed his mind. He was told he would be responsible for three months rent. The contract he signed does make that statement, but it plays with words and has a very heavy handed arbitration agreement. He has had over $7,000.00 drafted from his account, while they were out NO money and they provided him NO services. When we tried to talk with the staff, we were told that the company (Holiday Retirement) changed their contract a few months ago because they found seniors leaving after one or two months so they wanted them to stay for three months to give them time to "assimilate". I do not know how other facilities handle contracts, but I do know how Englewood does and I want other seniors to be aware of this before they sign anything with them.

February 17, 2013

By Kellea

Horrible people!!! Contacted them in October to discuss the possibility of my grandparents living there. Shortly after my grandmother had a fall and was admitted to the hospital. After receiving several follow up calls I informed a Sid that my grandmother would have to be in rehab for at least two months and that I would call them once she was recovered. I still received a phone call from Englewood Estates at least once a week. After getting fed up with the constant harassment I informed a fellow that called that I believed they were just money hungry and I no longer would even consider doing business with them and to please stop calling. The calls didn't stop. My grandmother passed in early January. I ignored the phone calls for about two weeks (I was receiving calls about twice a week now) and then I called back to politely let them know that my grandmother had passed and to please stop calling as it was upsetting me. I kept receiving calls from "managers" who after I told them "my grandmother passed but your company still wont stop calling me," would apologize and tell me it won't happen again. It's now mid February and I'm still receiving phone calls. PLEASE STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!

We're very sorry that you have been experiencing these issues and apologize for the calls. We would like to take care of this matter for you but need some additional information. Please contact our Resident Relations Department at 1-800-370-8331 or email them at Resident.Relations@holidaytouch.com and we'll resolve the issue. Thank you.

Photos of Englewood Estates

Features of Englewood Estates

• Housing Extra: Cottages

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room

• Hiking Trails

About Englewood Estates

Englewood Estates is located in Austin, TX, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Englewood Estates for a visit...and stay!

Map of Englewood Estates