Plum Landing

495 North Lake Street, Aurora, IL, 60506

Reviews of Plum Landing

Bonnie K. February 16, 2016

Plum Landing is the perfect fit for my stepdad. He has a studio apartment with a beautiful balcony overlooking the Fox River as well as a picturesque park. He loves all the amenities Plum Landing has to offer: delicious lunches and dinners served to each resident in the dining room by courteous and caring staff; access to a courtesy car and frequent trips to grocery and drug stores; fun and engaging activities planned each month; laundry and housekeeping services; free wi-fi and cable; chapel and church services; well-being checks twice per day; and they even provide a hair stylist for the residents! But the best part of choosing Plum Landing for my stepdad is the security I have knowing that he is happy and well cared for by all the wonderful staff and residents.

Marcie Rogers February 10, 2016

Living at Plum Landing in Aurora is like living on a river cruise ship that happens to be docked at the pier. All of the apartments have a gorgeous view of the beautiful Fox River from the inside of the apartment as well as from a patio or balcony. Two delicious and nutritious meals are provided every day but Sunday (one meal) in an inviting dining room by caring and attentive kitchen and wait staff. "Shore" excursions are provided several times a week in either a van or a brand new private courtesy car while a variety of "on-board" activities are conducted almost daily. A general store, beauty shop, library, chapel, and community area are available for residents. Well-being checks occur in the a.m and p.m. Administrative staff, support staff, activities director, housekeeping, and maintenance consistently demonstrate their dedication and concern for all residents. Am totally happy my 91-year-old mother has been living there almost three years!.

James88 February 09, 2016

My mother has lived at Plum Landing for more than 6 years. We're still happy with them. (This is an unsolicited review.)

The building (common areas and apartments) is very nice and has been well maintained and updated. While in the middle of town, Plum's setting could not be better --there is a beautiful park on the north side and the Fox River and a walking/biking trail is immediately behind the building.

The staff at Plum Landing is fantastic. Everybody is on a first name basis and is remarkably helpful --from the office to maintenance to the dining room. Couldn't be nicer --they seem genuinely caring. And BTW, Plum Landing's reputation for excellent food is well deserved.

I won't list all of the features and activities that are mentioned in Plum's literature or that you can find out about in a tour, but they have pretty much everything available, and have a courtesy car/driver and a shuttle bus to help residents with transportation.

As you can see, we're very happy with Plum Landing (and I am in no way affiliated with it). Give it a try. I can't imagine a better all-around experience.

Anonymous Daughter4 November 30, 2015

I went for a tour at Plum Landing. It's not a very attractive building from the outside, and it's on a busy street, so location wasn’t ideal. The inside of the facility was nice. The size of the apartments probably would have been a good size for my mom, but they didn’t have a one-bedroom available for her. They also were only independent living and would not offer additional care should my mom need it.

Thank you for your review, and we appreciate you taking the time to tour Plum Landing. Our architectural design is very unique because we are built into a hill overlooking the Fox River; therefore, you enter on our 6th floor and all of the apartments view out over the river and the park next door. As a result, you don’t see a lot of our building from the front. We are an independent living community, so while we do not offer any health care services, we do offer a partnership with a reputable health care company that can take care of our resident’s needs while still allowing them to live in our independent facility. This is done by offering a discount that is unique to our building. If you would like more information about the additional care, or our changing availability, please contact me at any time.

Caring0965 June 30, 2014

Plum Landing is a little more expensive, and the rooms are smaller. They’re right along the Fox River. They only give dinners for fifteen days and the rest you have to pay for, and I think that is a ridiculous idea. They also have a waiting list.

Thank you for your review, and we appreciate you taking the time to tour Plum Landing. We offer four different size apartments, with five distinct layouts that we believe are competitively priced. Included in each resident’s monthly rent is a dining allowance that they can spend any way they choose; this includes putting their allowance towards guest meals. The monthly allowance is representative of 15 lunches and 30 dinners. Our residents are very independent and a lot of them are on-the-go, so they do not attend every meal offered, nor do they wish to pay for meals that they haven’t eaten. In the interest of being more economic with our resident’s budgets, we have chosen to offer a very flexible allowance on a monthly basis. In addition to the allowance, each apartment has a full kitchen with a gas stove/oven, microwave and refrigerator included. Please contact us for a more in-depth list of the services and amenities included in the rent here.

Cheryl M September 23, 2013

It holds sixty people and it suits my mother's need. They provided thirty meals a month, which was what she wanted and the food was very good. The room had a small kitchen so she could cook. She could go out with my brother to dinner. She could walk along the Fox River, which was picturesque. It was beautiful. It was less expensive than the others. It also had it's own van that took the residents around.

From Plum Landing

Fox Valley’s Premiere Retirement Community

Where Neighbors Become Friends & Friends Become Family

Plum Landing is the place to live for independent seniors! All the freedom you want and services to make life easier and more enjoyable. Delight in top notch service from our dedicated and friendly staff, newly renovated apartments, and the best activity program and food around.

Plum Landing offers independent rental apartments for seniors 55 and better, with no entrance fees or buy-in’s. Located just two miles south of the I-88 toll-way in Aurora on Lake St. (Rt. 31); just north of downtown; Residents can enjoy easy access to local venues such as the new RiverEdge Park, Metra station, Hollywood Casino, Paramount Theater and many local restaurants.

Plum Landing offers independent senior rental apartments that come in a variety of different sizes. Every apartment is completely private and features a full kitchen and bath with a balcony or patio. Monthly leases are available; however, anyone who signs up for an annual lease will be guaranteed that the rate they pay when they move in will never change as long as they live at Plum Landing! Please see the descriptions below for further information, pictures and floor plans.

In 1962, Plum Landing Retirement Community opened its doors as a not-for-profit organization, providing a secure environment in a quiet and peaceful setting for active adults, 55 and better, who want to live independently.

Features of Plum Landing

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• Hiking trails
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Activities extra: Bean Bag Baseball

• Private services

• Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Minimum age: 55

• Monthly rent is all inclusive

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits