Iris Place

755 Epps Bridge Pkwy, Athens, GA, 30606

Reviews of Iris Place

Caring105084650 January 26, 2015

The staff at Iris Place is very good. They do exactly what you need when you need. They have three meals a day. They have a washing machine and dryer right on each floor, and the maids come in every week. It's just been really good for my mom. They drive them to places like to her doctor's appointment and stuff like that. I'm really happy with the co-managers. The co-managers are doing all the work. They are doing a fantastic job. But right now, I'm not really happy with the main managers. They didn't decorate for Christmas this year, and it might be my mom's last Christmas. The whole place was very upset. I was there at Christmas with her for ten days, and there were no decorations. She's been there seven years, and it's been perfect except for the managers not decorating. Of the seven years, it was the first time she has been unhappy.

Wanda17 August 14, 2014

My mother is very happy in Iris Place. My brother helped her move in and he said it was like living in a cruise. She has her room cleaned once a week -- they also change her linen and towels. They have three meals a day included. The food was tasted excellent and was nutritious. She had special food needs and they were able to accommodate her needs. She's participating in everything -- she does exercise class every day and they have volunteers from the community who come in and do all kinds of different activities. They've provided art classes for her because that was her interest. Her health improved since she has been there. The kitchen staff is very professional and the activities director is probably the heart of all interaction. There's a lot of warmth in the community.

Susie7 June 17, 2014

Iris Place is a very large complex. This place is expensive. It is fancy, very elegant, and absolutely gorgeous. The place is set up as a cruise. There is just one problem to this - It is too big. Nobody can find their way around. That's great for somebody who is healthy and who still wants to go to cruises and all kinds of stuff; however, if you're handicapped and elderly with strength problems, I would give it 3. For activities, you have to go down to their activity area, and they have all kinds of things going on, like outings, lots of bingo-type things, and they have people come in and play music. They also have a wonderful chef, and their food is like you're on a cruise. They showed me every kind of room there was, the little cabin areas, and the most expensive rooms. However, they could improve by having a laundry room. Also, it would be nice if the guests had their own kind of roller basket for their laundry.

concerned daughter3 February 24, 2014

This is an excellent place for life. It feels like home once you're there. The care, courtesy and consideration are stupendous. The 3 meals a day are excellent and there is always plenty of socializing. The activities are great. The decor is outstanding, exceedingly stylish and tasteful. Decorations for each holiday are beautifully done. All in all I would highly recommend Iris Place. There is one thing that I suppose is prevalent in retirement facilities and that is the rent increase per year. I wish it weren't so but it is and as high as 5% per year at that. If not for the rent increases, this place would be perfect.

Rebecca2828 September 14, 2013

We looked at the rooms at Iris Place and they were very nice and I liked it very much. The food was very good. I would very much recommend Iris Place.

Amorey June 17, 2013

Iris Place was a nice and bright place, and also it was not terribly expensive. The people were nice and the food was good. My mom liked the facility.

Judy24 May 29, 2013

We moved my mother-in-law to Iris Place and she's happy there. The food is good and there are choices. There's lots of room for activities like puzzles, music and art shows. The staff are fine and I would rate them high. The staff introduced my mother-in-law to a lady that they felt would have a lot in common with her who can help her around and rather get her used to the place. She got a friend assigned to her right away. The place is wide open, airy looking and light in color.

From Iris Place

Iris Place is located in Athens, GA, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Iris Place for a visit...and stay!

Features of Iris Place

• Housing extra: Cottages

• Hiking trails

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Dining extra: Private dining room