Springwood

6550 Yank Way, Arvada, CO, 80004

Top nearby Independent Living Communities

Reviews of Springwood

Caring4008 May 29, 2013

My children know somebody who's in that area and they thought highly of this facility. That's how I got a reference to Springwood Retirement Community. It is a retirement campus. It has three levels: they have fountain apartments for senior living and you can take advantage of their grounds and activities, there's the springwood apartment that is for assisted living, then they have a third apartment for people who need medical help. It's a very nice place. Their fees seem to be normal and affordable. They also have small, duplex-like cottages that they also rent out. There's a restaurant that serves two meals a day, lunch and evening meal. A meal a week free is given, while the evening costs $5 which is dirt cheap and it's more like a lunch and the menu is impressive. They also have transportation if you want to go to a doctor. They also take groups of people if they don't have transportation to places like Wal-Mart, mall or something like that. They have all kinds of activities like bingo, bridge, etc. If you really want to know why I chose this place it's because first, I like the place; second, I have two children living near the area and the location was convenient for me; and third, it is within three blocks of two grocery stores. I think for me, it's about as good of a choice as I could make.

AnonSW June 21, 2011

Springwood offers assisted living, memory care, independent living, duplexes, and apartments. It's a huge campus, with different buildings on the campus. I know it both from professional tours and a personal tour I took for a family member.

Pros: - Park-like feel, with lots of trees and walking paths in an older, established community. - Easily accessible, with good parking. - Well-established activities program - Facility has a homey feel - Direct care staff is good, attentive, with low turnover - Ratio of care staff to residents is adequate

Cons: - The facility is older, outdated. - The rooms are average in size and not recently renovated. - The campus can be hard to navigate; it's hard for visitors to figure out where to go. - Food is average. - The residents who don't go to activities tend to isolate in their rooms (there's not a lot of 1:1 time).

About Springwood

Springwood is an independent living community in Arvada, CO designed for seniors, normally 55+, who are able to care for themselves and wish to live independently. Contact Springwood for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Location of Springwood