Greenfield Residences of Arlington

1101 East Arbrook Boulevard, Arlington, TX, 76014

Contact Now

Reviews of Greenfield Residences of Arlington

Ron K. March 22, 2016

Our impression of Greenfield Residences of Arlington was very good. It stood out because we felt it was very comfortable for us in terms of the price and met everything that we wanted in terms of living arrangements. The staff members who helped us with the tour were very good, and we met all of the managers while we were there. The dining area was excellent, and we found the meal to be very acceptable.

Linda B2 February 29, 2016

I really loved Greenfield Residences of Arlington. It’s just across the road from where my sister lives and it’s on my way anywhere I would go. I loved the apartments. In fact, I immediately took my mom from the rehab and brought her to see this facility. That’s how much I loved this facility. They have available walkers and wheelchairs all around just in case the residents would need one. They have a library. Their dining room is on the third floor and it is very nice with a big piano. They have people come in to entertain the residents. I really like the wait staff, they were familiar with everyone. They have a nice media room where they show movies. The front desk people were just very accommodating and pleasant. They have really good activities for their residents and mom was very impressed. The pricing was also better than the other ones I visited.

Visitor40 December 30, 2015

Greenfield Residences of Arlington was gorgeous and clean, and everyone was very nice during the one day I saw them. As far as I could tell after one day, the cleanliness was fine.

Caring113762850 September 30, 2015

We’ve been very pleased with Greenfield Residences of Arlington. The staff has been welcoming and helpful. My mom found it a very nice place. They have daily activities like card games, and people come there and perform music. The local library comes in regularly. The dining room is very attractive, and the service is good. My mom said good things about the food. I like everything about it.

Five states September 20, 2015

My mother is a former resident of Greenfield Residences of Arlington. From the moment we walked into the facility, it felt like home. It is a beautifully updated complex with something for everyone - coffee stations, conversation areas, library, exercise room, game area, entertainment room, patios, dog park, movie theater, pub, and a beautiful dining room that offers 3 meals each day (2 on weekends) which are served "restaurant-style). The apartments are very nice and utilities and cable are included. The staff goes "above and beyond" to serve each resident. They are friendly and caring. There are many activities from which to choose as well as special events throughout the year for residents and families. Transportation for shopping and appointments is provided. Eventually my mother needed a higher level of care and had to leave Greenfield, but I understand that they now have a personal care service and rehab housed there for those who need the services. I will always be thankful to the staff at Greenfield for taking such wonderful care of my mom. It is a great place!!!!

Caring112090250 September 07, 2015

Greenfield Residences of Arlington had two feedings instead of one. Everybody's kind of rushed out of the dining room so that other people can come in, and when you come in, they don't have anything laid out on the table. The meals are a big event of the day, so they need to figure out how to just have one feeding and set the table ahead of time. This was a larger facility, so it's more confusing to get around, and it had a colder feel to it. However, they have buses to appointments, they have help available that you can pay for, a barber shop on site, and cleaning services.

Victoria11 August 27, 2015

The Arbrook Retirement Living Community was kind of big, and it’s quite a distance to go to her meals. It is not as clean as it used to be, but it was cheaper. The staff was fine. The rooms and the dining area were nice.

Concerned relative of resident July 12, 2015

My mother has lived here for several years. She tries to eat healthy, so she can enjoy her life longer. When we visited the residence, before she moved in, she was told that most of the food was made from scratch in the kitchen. This is not true. Most of the food is canned, frozen, etc. and full of sugar and sodium. They always serve a healthy choice, but it is the same one every day. Our concern is that she is not getting enough fresh fruits and vegetables when most of what they serve is fried, reheated, etc. Another problem is that the wait staff in the cafeteria is slow, whether that is because there are not enough of them for the amount of residence or whether they are just not good at their jobs, I am not sure. The times I have been there to eat, which was every few weeks at first, it seemed that there were not enough staff, but when my mother brought this up at a resident meeting, she was told there were enough staff and they would look into her complaint. Nothing got better. If anything it has been worse on some days. One other item some may want to take into account when looking at this facility is the apartment cleaning. A cleaning person comes in once a week, but does not dust, clean the kitchen cabinets or vacuum the dust and lint that accumulates on the heating/AC system that sits in the corner of the room. They essentially change the bed linen, wipe down the bathroom and sweep the floors. I have to go over and finish cleaning Mom's apartment when I can. Before Greenfield took over, when it was Arbrook Senior Retirement, I was happy to see that there was plenty of activities for the residence and places for there to be several kinds of activities going on at one time. NOW, Greenfield has taken away some of the residences areas and rented them out to agencies that offer elder care. This has disappointed us, since it has taken away from my Mom's enjoyment of the place. Since it is considered an Independent Care facility, and the people who live there are able to care for themselves or they have home health come in, there is no reason, except money, for the activity areas to be rented out to health care companies. I will say, on a positive note, the staff, especially the driver of the van and the activities coordinator, are very friendly and caring. Unfortunately we will be looking for another place for Mom to live, if things keep on as they are.

Caring18771 June 12, 2013

The staff at The Arbrook Retirement Living Community are very friendly and very nice. They had good follow-up on the visit. Residents seemed very nice and pleased with where they were.

Gilda1 April 30, 2013

My mother is at The Arkbrook. It is the cheapest facility we found at $1300 a month. She is provided 3 meals, and I think the food is okay even if I haven't eaten there. The dining area is nice too. The facility also provides wide house cleaning. They allow small pets.

The staff members are nice. They always help with the elderly when a family member can't really rush over there and do anything. They take residents shopping at WalMart and take them to doctor appointments. The residents also have a movie room for entertainment. The facility is clean and looks up-to-date. I don't have any complaints.

tamarawilhite April 14, 2012

While they offer assistance with meal preparation and housework and help staff with medication, my grandfather's declining vision and mobility forced him to move. They could serve someone in a walker but did not want a patient in a wheel chair long term. His medical needs were manageable until he lost vision in one eye and nearly lost it it in the other, making him nearly blind. We had to move him to another facility, since this seemed beyond their scope of car. The staff were caring and considerate, but when no one really helped my grandfather, he was essentially bed-bound. They didn't help him with bathing or shaving as much as we thought they should. His diabetes testing and shots were basic, but could have been done more often. And paying for skilled nursing care seemed to be an add-on to the already high monthly cost. After moving him to another nursing home, he actually got enough help to learn the new location to be semi-mobile, using a walker in his room and wheelchair outside of it. If your family member is simply suffering mild dementia, on oxygen or somewhat limited, this facility is probably good for you, especially given the discounts given for veterans. For more serious health issues, this facility is not a good fit.

From Greenfield Residences of Arlington

Greenfield Residences of Arlington is an independent living community in Arlington, TX designed for seniors, normally 55+, who are able to care for themselves and wish to live independently. Contact Greenfield Residences of Arlington for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Active, Fun and Friendly!

We’re fond of saying that every day at The Greenfield Residences of Arlington is like a reunion of good friends and family. It’s that approach to life that makes living in our community so special. Of course, we’re also very proud of the lifestyle and many wonderful features we have to offer residents, such as:

• Outstanding Resident Services
  • An Emphasis on Peace of Mind and Worry-Free Living
  • A Calendar of Daily Events and Activities
  • Elegant Dining
  • Planned Excursions
  • Exercise Classes
  • Unrivaled Amenities
  • Kitchenettes consisting of full sized refrigerator, 2 burner cook top and microwave
  • And more!

The Greenfield Residences of Arlington Community offers an exceptional residential environment for individuals seeking a dynamic and rewarding retirement lifestyle.

Our community offers 3rd party supportive care services that allows residents to age in place.

Features of Greenfield Residences of Arlington

• Technology extra: Emergency call system
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• General store
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Fitness room/Gym

• Private services

• Minimum age: 55

• Monthly rent is all inclusive

• We help families understand VA benefits