Rock Spring

20594 Bear Valley Rd, Apple Valley, CA, 92308

Reviews of Rock Spring

Caring109062950 July 13, 2015

I did have lunch at Rock Spring, and it was very good. It was a very nice facility. It is actually beautiful because it is new. They have fresher home-made breads that they would have everyday and things that kind of appeal to older people many times because they feel like they are being catered to, so that was really nice. The room also was very nice.

Anthony20 June 29, 2015

The staff was very helpful and friendly at Rock Spring. They made us feel at home. They showed us the room, and it was very clean. They offered us lunch, and the food was good. They gave me a brochure with activities that are planned for the seniors, and that was nice. If I had to live in a place, this would be one of my top contenders.

CaringMan1 November 29, 2014

Rock Spring is top drawer. It’s just that it’s too expensive, and it’s so far away. It was a wonderful place. It was so clean, and the staff treated me really nicely.

Jeanne22 November 24, 2014

Early September I did find a place and moved in, and it is Rock Spring. It’s a new facility, and it has very upbeat managers. It’s a healthy morale building kind of situation. They offer activities every hour; one of them is an exercise program for elderly. They have a wonderful library; the facility is wonderfully kept, and that is the key feature when I came to see it. The food is top notch; we have a chef and professionally prepared soup -- better than I have living alone. There is one big dining room that fit more of a dormitory dining facility. We have a lot of selections for the food; they are main trays, alternate trays, and then several individual things to choose from if you so desire.

It’s located in a very upscale residential area. I have miles of miles of sidewalk to walk my dog on. It’s clean and modern. I have been here since early September, and maybe 10 years from now I may see something differently, but right now I am happy. I would recommend the facility, and they have a variety of offerings; you could have one bedroom unit, two bedroom two bath unit, and they have also have cottages. It is very homey.

Christy7 November 11, 2014

I thought Rock Spring was wonderful. The formal dining room is excellent, and the food is good. They have a lot of activities and amenities. They’re a very active community. You can sign up to go to places, and they have a bus that can take you there. Most everybody is ambulatory. There’s one or two in wheelchairs but the seniors that are there are there to have a good time.

The staff is interactive with them. The décor is very nice on the outside. The rooms are great. You get to do what you want for your apartment. What impressed me is their apartments in their size and space like you’re not all cramped in there. Rock Spring was more reasonable to me. It started off at $2500, but that is if you’re more of an independent person.

MargaretAgnes July 04, 2013

It looks very nice and sunny, but my experience for my parents is not sunny. All that glitters is definitely not gold here. The security is nonexistent. No security cameras. On one occasion, someone entered my parents' apartment because he was given the wrong apartment number by the co-manager. The co-manager apologized, but it demonstrates a laxness. On another occasion, someone tried to enter into my parents' apartment at 11PM. The only reason my parents knew was because they had put an alarm on the door. A manager was called when this happened, and he said that he could see no one in the halls - thereby dismissing my parents' complaint. The manager then cautioned residents the next day that they have to keep their doors locked. Rock Springs definitely needs security cameras, because then they could see, and prove, what actually happened at 11PM. Understandably, my parents could not stay there after this incident, because they felt too fearful. Also, there is a lot of gossip in this place. The managers told me it can take 3 months for a resident to feel comfortable - and some never do. I personally talked to several people who were very sad to be here. Oh, I did take inventory of the things I moved into my parents apartment, and compared it to the inventory of what was there to be moved out when they left. And there were definitely things missing - an expensive radio, a watch, a dictionary. Consider that the following employees all have keys: managers, housekeeping, maintenance. And do read the contract over carefully. It is very ambiguous in places - they have a legal staff, so this must be purposeful in their favor. There is no screening process whatsoever to get into Rock Spring as far as residents' medical condition - thus there are healthy people clear of mind and able to live independently mixed with people who have various stages of memory loss, including Alzheimer's. And you have to mix; the only way to get your food is through communal dining, and the activities are mixed as well. And there is no oversight for inappropriate behaviors that may occur. And unhappy residents I spoke with are afraid to complain because they feel so isolated and afraid.

Caring0605162 June 23, 2013

My grandmother is in Rock Spring Independent Senior Living Community. It is beautiful, clean and in a very comfortable location. There seemed to be plenty of staff to go around for the residents. They're also very helpful and attentive. The food they serve there is good but sometimes it's bland. Maybe because they had to cook for so many people, but then again it's for their residents and it's suitable for what it is. As far as maybe the housekeeping, they could do some improving, just be more thorough.

SchoolHelper April 18, 2012

The facilities at Rock Spring where great! Everyone there from the staff to the visitors were all incredibly nice people. I visited the facility when I had to do some volunteer work for a school project. A bunch of us students had a blast interacting with the elderly. They really seemed to enjoy our company. Some of them had told us that it had been a very long time since a family member visited them, so any visitor were treated very nicely. We then had lunch together with the people living there and it was a blast! The people there had some many stories to tell us while we eat delicious food. I haven't visited the community again, because I've seen gotten a job and been too busy. A couple of my friends still visit the retirement community regularly, though, and they say that the people there are just as cheerful as ever.

magnolia472 August 02, 2011

I visited this facility. It is beautiful. and. clean. It has many important amenities. The drawback is that I perceived budget. Sometimes overruled independence.

From Rock Spring

Rock Spring is located in Apple Valley, CA, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Rock Spring for a visit...and stay!

Features of Rock Spring

• Housing extra: Cottages

• Hiking trails

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Dining extra: Private dining room