Parkview in Allen

1451 S Greenville Ave, Allen, TX, 75002

Reviews of Parkview in Allen

December 15, 2015

By Julie101552450

I’m staying at Parkview where I do exercises and physical therapy because I took a fall. The staff is very good. When I fell, the manager came and helped me stand back up. The room is kind of small because I picked the least expensive place. Some of the meals are good and some of the meals I don’t eat; the dining area is good. We do chair exercises and, today, I’m going to do my favorite activity: Zumba. It’s a Holiday community, and I like the fact that I can travel to other Holiday facilities. I would like more sidewalks for walking; they don’t have a lot of sidewalks. My friend decided that I should stay here because I know all of the people.

December 10, 2015

Parkview in Allen was very nice, clean, and very welcoming; I liked it. The people working there were very good.

November 16, 2015

By Tony27

We were looking for a sense of community, and we felt that we found it at Parkview in Allen. The two managing couples were great. It was a great first impression. We had a meal there, and the food was good. My mother was able to find the right apartment for her. She likes to play bridge and dominoes, and they have various activities there with a full-time social director who really helps keep the residents engaged. They have different game nights, movie nights, and once a week or once every other week, they go to a local restaurant. There are a lot of activities to get to know other people; however, she found the dining experience a little difficult because it was a little cliquish, so it was harder for her to break in.

June 30, 2015

By Caring108208150

We moved mom at Parkview in Allen. It's a really nice facility, and her apartment has this balcony that faces a pool. It's a really pleasant place. They offer three meals a day, and the apartment is really nice. It has a full kitchen. They have certain activities, but she doesn't like to participate much. They have a cleaning lady that comes in once a week and a nurse if she needs one. They also have this beautiful landscape, which is really nice. They would take her to Walmart and also to her doctor's appointment if she needs it. We just really like the people that we were dealing with. We had a little problem at the beginning, but she has been doing really well now.

May 23, 2015

By Brenda107929150

I was very satisfied with Parkview in Allen. We visited with the sales rep, and he took us around. He showed us several apartments that would adhere to where my parents are living in now, which is also a Holiday facility like Parkview. We really like the amenities that they offer -- the independent living, the food and everything. A plus was the 24/7 wife and husband team that live there, which really stood out. We were very happy with it. They're very personable and took time to answer all our questions. We got to meet the staff and even some of the residents that were living there. They were very open and it would seem like a very comfortable living atmosphere for everybody.

March 25, 2015

It's too large. The location is fine, it has nice surroundings, and it's a really nice place. They are more for people who can better care for themselves. Everybody has their own apartment. The staff was fine. There's nothing wrong with Park View; it just wasn't for my ex-husband. There's no personal care. Alzheimer's people wouldn't live well there.

Hi Caring103477650, we appreciate you taking the time to respond. The staff at Parkview in Allen take our reviews very seriously, and your feedback is an integral role in improving our process. We appreciate your very kind words around our staff, surroundings, location, and it being "a really nice place." As you noted, however, this is not likely the best solution for somebody with Alzheimer's, as this particular community is an independent living community. We do appreciate you taking the time nonetheless to share your very kind feedback with us, thank you so much!

November 11, 2014

I was in Parkview for a year because I needed all the services. It was very nice. I had a roommate, and we shared a two-bedroom apartment. Everybody was friendly. You get all your meals prepared. The food was very good, and the dining room was very nice. They have Bingo, several different kinds of games, bridge club, domino games, there’s a pool table, and they have poker night. They have a swimming pool. Once a week they pick a restaurant, you just hop on the bus, they provide transportation for doctor’s appointment and shopping. It was wonderful for me. It’s like being in a resort or cruise. The staff is very good. I did not run into any problems.

August 29, 2014

We chose Parkview for the location, easy access to the major highway going either north or south, and the proximity to the community we have lived in for the last 16 years. The rooms were adequate and most types were certainly acceptable and good. We have a two-bedroom unit with two bathrooms. The staff are helpful. If you have maintenance needs, it’s easy to get that done and there’s light cleaning in the apartment every week. The food is getting better after they hired a new chef. We have a relatively new activities director -- she is a delightful person and is doing a good job. We have two or three game nights a week during the afternoon -- Bingo is one game that we play and on Monday night there usually is a good group downstairs playing 42. There’s Cribbage and Party Bridge twice a week, too.

April 24, 2014

Parkview in Allen is in a very good location. The facility is very nice. I like this one better simply because the residents can go downstairs, sit down at a table, and the food is served to them. The staff were helpful, and they did spend a lot of time with me to show me the facility. They were very informative about other resources for my mother.

February 01, 2014

The facilities at Parkview in Allen were extremely small. The dining room did look nice. However, their apartments were like 1000 square feet only. I didn't think we can move from a home to that small unit. Their working staff was very friendly. We had a very nice young man who took us around. Everyone was extremely helpful. Regarding their clients, all we saw were people on walkers and people who were quite handicapped. We didn't see a lot of people who were on their feet walking around or doing things. To us, it appeared more like assisted living. We did see the rooms and so forth, but it was not for us.

November 28, 2013

By Jane41

I'm a current resident of Parkview in Allen. I moved here in April. This was our choice because it was convenient to the rest of the family. I'm also located in the first floor, so it is convenient at just about everything. They provide good services. The staff is really nice and very cooperative. I don't eat dinner or breakfast but they deliver my supper to me. Supper is a sandwich, a soup or maybe a salad, just a light meal for the evening. I'm from the Northeast and I'm not used to a lot of southern food. I'm also not a good meat eater and I don't like really spicy or Mexican food, but in Parkview, food is good. My room is about as big as a large recreational vehicle. I'm not complaining since I don't walk that well either because of my hip surgery. If I have a complaint about this place it would be about housekeeping. They only have about 20 minutes a week that they come in and vacuum and dust rooms. Also it takes a lot of time to go down to the dining room but you have to be there half an hour before dinner is served. As a whole, Parkview is a nice place and if somebody would ask me if I would refer their parents to come here, I would say yes. It's absolutely a nice place.

September 14, 2013

By LovelyLady000413

Parkview in Allen is beautiful. The people that I talked to were very nice and informative and seemed to be willing to help me. They do exercises in the pool and they have a spa. The one thing that kind of set me back is that I'm not ready to have someone provide all my meals for me and you have to pay for that. I would have liked if they had offered kind of like partial meal plan. That was the only thing that I really did not like, but otherwise I really liked it.

June 13, 2013

By Abby2

Out of the 3 facilities that I have visited, I liked Parkview best. I like everything about it. It has everything I wanted and everything that I needed.

May 25, 2013

By Holly5

My mom stayed at Parkview in Allen. They were very accommodating to her, they did their best to make her feel welcome. They provided three meals a day, had an outdoor pool, and also allowed pets. She felt very comfortable but she was unhappy because she felt that everybody was too old.

Photos of Parkview in Allen

Features of Parkview in Allen

• Minimum Rate: $2074/month

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room

• Hiking Trails

About Parkview in Allen

Parkview in Allen is located in Allen, TX, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Parkview in Allen for a visit...and stay!

Map of Parkview in Allen