NEED HELP FINDING INDEPENDENT LIVING?

Talk to an advisor for free: (866) 515-8248

Top nearby Independent Living Communities:

From Greenspring

Greenspring is a full-service, maintenance-free community designed exclusively for retirees, age 62 or better. Located on 108 picturesque acres in Springfield, Virginia, Greenspring is a private campus kept secure day and night by a team of professionals trained in emergency first response. We're the ideal choice for active seniors who want to live a vibrant, engaging, and purposeful lifestyle in a setting that's both safe and beautiful.

Like a small town under one roof, Greenspring offers an abundance of opportunities to keep your mind, body and spirit thriving. Stroll to any of our three spectacular clubhouses through climate-controlled, glass-enclosed walkways that connect all of our community buildings. Here you'll find all the resources you need to enjoy a spectacular retirement, including a fitness center, indoor heated pool and hot tub and six restaurants serving healthy, delicious meals created fresh each day by our own personal chef. Other amenities include a computer lab with high-speed Internet, billiards and game room, creative arts studio, fully-equipped woodworking shop, classrooms and even a conference center. Not to mention a bank and 24-hour ATM, a beauty salon and barber shop, a convenience store and an on-site pharmacy that delivers to your door!

Greenspring also has an on-site medical center staffed by physicians who work exclusively at our community. These licensed geriatricians are experts in meeting the unique health care needs of older adults. They will work with you to design a wellness plan that will keep you strong, independent and feeling your finest for years to come.

Reviews of Greenspring

Posted by caring107314850 June 04, 2015
4.0

My parents have been living in Greenspring. The staff is friendly. They have a two-bedroom apartment, which is just perfect for what they need. They have a lot of activities available to them, but if you want to take a class, you have to pay for it. One meal a day is included with their dues. The people who live there seem to be very happy. But it's too costly. If you have to go to assisted living, that triples your price. They pay $3000 a month, and they get one meal even if they already haves owned and paid for their place. No appreciation when you no longer need the apartment, but they give you back your original investment minus the apartment cost.  They have a weight room/exercise facility available to the residents. The dining facility is fine, and the food is excellent.

Posted by Iris5 March 07, 2015
4.0

Greenspring is a very nice facility, and it is large. They have a lot of options for the residents. People were nice. My father liked it, and he is working on his final decisions right now. The rooms were very nice, and they have a wide variety of different floor plans available. They were very well lit, has a lot of closet space, and has a nice kitchen. In terms of activities, they did have a lot of activities such as arts and crafts and wood working, and they have some classes that you can pick from. They also have a swimming pool. Overall, the facility did appeal to him.

Posted by Caring101556150 November 11, 2014
4.0

Greenspring was too big and overwhelming for me, plus it was also too expensive. It was one of those rehabs where you had to sell your estate to buy into it. I had a number of neighbors that had done that. They sold their houses and moved there. Also, one thing about these institutions that doesn't seemed to ever come up in the literature or description was that they were all focused on activities. They were focused on social events and activities, and I was just the opposite. I was a raging introvert, and I was looking at the opposite. I was looking for peace and solitude. They had just an institutional dining room, but it was a nice restaurant. The food was pretty good, I guess. It was a top, but it was a very expensive place.

Posted by mary0218 September 23, 2014
4.0

Greenspring at Erickson Living looked nice. There were a lot of activities and a lot of people to do activities with such as card playing, swimming in their indoor pool, and a lot of other things. I am planning to move into their independent living section. Depending on the size of the apartment you want, there are 19 different styles of apartments and depending on the one that you pick, there is so much space. The staff was kind of attentive, but the food, I hear, is very good and we did have lunch there. I would like to see more restaurants rather than having to walk through the park to get to one.

Posted by Monique4 August 29, 2014
4.0

Greenspring is a very big place and it's very expensive. The few apartments that we visited were very nice and you can cook your own meals if you want to. They had a lot of people coming in to visit that day, and we took a tour at the premises. We had a meal in the dining room which was very good. It's a huge place they have a golf course, swimming pools, different buildings that cater to different levels of care for the residents. The place is very clean. They had a lot of activities to offer. They take people to shopping or to visit museums. It was very well organized.

Posted by Caring Daughter9 August 01, 2013

I'm very impressed with Greenspring. I visited this place for my parents, and right now, they are just on the waiting list. They showed us around and showed a number of different units. We also talked about the financial arrangement. Because my folks want to have extended care that lasts until they die, they decided to do buy-in to Greenspring. My parents also wanted two bedrooms and one-and-a-half bathroom and they happened to offer that particular model. We are actually waiting for that one to come up. Their staff was very nice and very professional. They have activities as well. I know my parents like their swimming pool and their training room. We talked about other activities but I just don't remember them in particular.

Posted by Greenleeaj February 29, 2012
4.0

My experience was my first at a retirement community and they were much different than I thought. the Campus itself was very large yet the building set up was very tasteful and upscale. The fees for residency were around $20,000 a year which seemed very expensive to me but the quality of life was very good and the amenities offered were excellent and the community seemed self-sufficient and to some degree very self-sufficient. There were convenience stores as well as a pool, gym and a fully functioning dining service which notably was extremely luxurious. The food was excellent and although it was somewhat reminiscent of a cafeteria the actual dining hall was very large and very well designed with picturesque views and ambient lighting that created a large restaurant vibe. Overall despite the price I think the community would be an excellent choice for those tired of dealing with rent, mortgages and property upkeep.

Location of Greenspring