Reviews of Camino Retirement Apartments | Independent Living
Pam525051 May 25, 2016
I visited this facility
Camino Retirement was terrible. I wouldn’t recommend that anyone should stay there at all. Nobody met us there. We didn’t find anybody at the desk, so we had to go looking for somebody. We waited for about 15 minutes until we finally found a home health aide, and we just asked her to convey the message to the manager that we came and were waiting for someone and couldn’t find them. It was in a poor area of town, really rundown, and in poor condition, so it was not a good option. The place was dirty and didn’t look like it was kept up very well. I didn’t even get to see an apartment because nobody was there.
Pam, we are sorry you had such a poor experience while visiting Camino during a recent weekend. Our staff was likely addressing a resident issue when you stopped by. However, we have re-examined our weekend front desk protocol to make sure this does not reoccur as well as to make sure our maintenance is on a par with our weekday protocol. Our location in Northwest Albuquerque is a good neighborhood and gets lots of City attention due to its location near Monzano High School. We appreciate your feedback and hope you find a great senior living residence.
MikeFHEIR May 11, 2016
I visited this facility
I visited Camino Retirement Apartments. Everyone seemed to care, it was a good place for the price, and the one-bedroom room was still new. They had a bunch of activities lined up.
Thank you, Mike, for providing a review of Camino. We appreciate your input and hope you will join the Camino family!
From Camino Retirement Apartments
Thank you for your interest in Camino Retirement Apartments.
Camino has served the community since 1972, when it became Albuquerque’s first Retirement Center. We have remained at the same convenient location just east of Juan Tabo, with great views of the East Mountains, the spectacular sunsets and brilliant city lights.
Camino offers two Retirement Living options: Independent and Assisted Living. Both options include several amenities. With our licensed Assisted Care Program, additional personalized care is provide 24 hours a day by attendants who help with resident’s daily activities.
Camino offers a comfortable lifestyle at a reasonable price. There is no buy-In fee and our leases are month to month. We invite you to compare!
- Three delicious meals everyday served directly to the table with special menus on holidays
- Medication reminders and supervision
- Attendants on duty 24 hours
- Mealtime reminders/escorts
- Assistance with hygiene, grooming and dressing
- Emergency alert system
- Daily housekeeping services
- Daily linen service
- Personal laundry service
- Individual climate control
- Full private bath
- Utilities (except cable and phone)
- Scheduled transportation
- Full calendar of activities
- 24 hour emergency call system
- Beautifully decorated TV lounge
- Special entertainment weekly
- Beauty and Barber shop
- Spacious dining rooms
- Free laundry facility
- Ample parking for visitors
What Makes Us Special
Camino Retirement Community is locally owned and operated, helping to foster a "warm and comforting" environment for its residents. Camino is managed by Executive Director CJ Patterson whose family has a long tenure in the senior care industry. Come visit for yourself to see why residents happily call Camino "home."
Features of Camino Retirement Apartments
- Medication Management
Room and housing options
- 1-bedroom apartments
- Studio apartments
- Companion suites: We offer companion suites
- Beauty/Barber shop
- TV room
- Parking for residents
- 24-hour security gate
- Transportation for residents (shuttle bus or similar)
- Shared space where residents can host parties
- Some residents have in-room kitchenettes
- Meals delivered to residents' rooms
- Meals in a shared dining room
- Guests can attend meals
- Ample parking for guests
- Arts, woodworking, craft
- Organized offsite activities (outings, etc)
- Religious services
- Lectures and discussions
- Wii sports competition
- Laundry service for clothes
- Laundry service for linens
- Private services
- We charge an entry fee
- Monthly rent is all inclusive
- Minimum rate: $1,550/month
- Pets: Small pets allowed
- We offer respite care (short term stays)
- Minimum age: 55
- Licenses: New Mexico Department of Health
- We help families understand VA benefits
- We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living
Location of Camino Retirement Apartments
Get Cost Information
Get full access to reviews, cost information, and amenities