Bear Canyon Estates

4440 Morris St NE, Albuquerque, NM, 87111

Reviews of Bear Canyon Estates

Steven060224 August 17, 2016

My father was a resident of Bear Canyon for five years. He had a lot friends, and they gave him a lot of freedom. He had a tiny room, but they didn’t charge very much, and it was probably cheaper than most places. A lot of his friends were older like him who had been to other places, and they told me that they were very happy there. The facility was large with about 140 units and immaculate. They had a shuttle service, entertainment, and celebrated holidays.

Karen805203 June 10, 2016

Bear Canyon Estates was very open and friendly. Everybody seemed happy. I liked the layout. When you walked in, the dining room was right there, and it was huge. They had a second-floor activity room, and you could see the second floor from the first floor. I just liked that it was so spacious.

Pam525051 May 25, 2016

Bear Canyon Estates in Albuquerque was nice, and the people were very nice, but it’s a little far from my home. It was older and still nice, but the rooms were smaller, more expensive, and in a more congested area of the city.

Philip16 May 11, 2016

Bear Canyon Estates welcomed us profusely, but their meal plan turned us off. They have three meals a day, but very slow to be served and the three meals are too close together. The atmosphere was positive. The apartments didn't have real kitchens. We simply do not fit there.

Debbie119805350 January 31, 2016

Bear Canyon is very nice, and clean. The people there are very kind to my aunt.

Caring110922350 July 20, 2015

I am in Bear Canyon Estates. The staff is very helpful. The apartments are excellent. They have activities everyday like lecturers come in. They have bingo and card games. They have everything. The food is excellent. The dining area is marvelous and beautiful. I like everything about it, and I like the location the most. It is very near to my family and convenient to stores. It is very secure and very clean.

Caring107471450 June 01, 2015

I visited Bear Canyon Estates, and the staff was really nice. We did take a tour of their rooms, and their one bedroom apartments were really big. I like them, and they had good size facilities. She liked the people and the convenience and just the fact that she wanted to know how much assistance they would give her and the cost was. The staff was very informative when it came to what they were charging. We liked it. Their dining room is really nice, and it was very comfortable. It is set up like a restaurant where you sit down and order your food.

Caring106197550 May 13, 2015

Bear Canyon Estates was very clean and bright. The lady who showed us around was very efficient and answered questions well enough that we felt we knew everything we needed to know, and she offered us a discount if we enrolled soon, but my parents were not ready to do that. It was good. We didn't really see a lot of the activities, but they were setting up to have a band in the atrium area that day for people to come and listen to, the exercise area seemed to be right there as you walk in rather than an exercise room -- which was one thing I didn't think was as good -- and there were people playing some little game where you toss beanbags into something right there as we walked in. That's all we saw; we didn't see a lot of the amenities.

Caring106645050 May 07, 2015

My mother liked Bear Canyon. They provided meals and housekeeping. The apartment was a one bedroom -- clean, modern, and very nice. She couldn’t stay any longer because she needed more care.

Steve104876350 April 27, 2015

We went to Bear Canyon a couple of years ago, and that seemed like a really nice place too. They were very friendly. It was a little different setup. I thought it was fine too. It was very nice and clean, it has a big dining room, we ate in there, and then we got to tour some of the rooms. It seemed a little more spread out, so a little more walking would be involved. It seemed a little more independent, but it was very clean and well-kept, and the staff was really nice. He had tried to call a couple of times for follow-up, but my mom wasn't ready at that time definitely.

Caring101154550 February 10, 2015

The price and the services were the things that my friend liked about Bear Canyon Estates. She also enjoyed the food. They have activities like outings and bingo. As far as I am concerned, my friend likes the facility.

Anonymous104598350 January 18, 2015

I enjoyed living in the Bear Canyon Estates. I was very involved, and I got to know a lot of people. The room we had was very nice. It was a corner room, and we had a view of the mountains. Bear Canyon is an older facility. It only had one elevator. The staff was very nice, and the food was good. They have a gym facility. The rent went up, so I could no longer afford to live in this facility. They had a huge turnover as far as managers were concerned too.

Deborah100322950 January 16, 2015

My mother has heard the name of Bear Canyon Estates, so I went to visit just because she was curious about it. The staff was very helpful and very nice. The rooms were very pretty and clean. They had a full calendar of activities, but the only thing I saw was like a town hall meeting sort of thing going on with the residents where they could all raise their concerns in a group and talk to the director, and I thought that was nice.

Pat43 December 30, 2013

I like Bear Canyon Estates when I visited there. It's a large facility. They have exits and entrances from the inside as well as the outside where you can unload your groceries just right outside your door. It had the dining room where the residents can go in and order whatever they wanted anytime. Their menu is a restaurant-style menu. Those were the two things that stood out. Their apartments has two-bedroom, two-bath, living area, and kitchen and it was large.

Caring73522250 November 22, 2013

We rented a place in Bear Canyon Estates. They’re doing all the upgrades for us before we move in – putting on new bathroom fixtures and lights, painting and expanding the closet. We spent 3 hours with them and showed us everything. The facility is nice, neat and clean. They have food and different activities that we are eligible to go to. I spoke to a new employee and he has only basic knowledge but he was more willing to ran back to the office and get the information needed. Every time I asked him to go back to the office, he would walk up to a resident and would ask them how they liked the place and how long have they been. Most of the people we talked to have been there for 8 – 10 years and we are very pleased with that. I’m only concerned that the place is small and maybe problems with the people around.

gst2010 March 04, 2010

Great place

Bear Canyon is an Independent community that is close to the Bear Canyon Senior center. I found the staff very helpful and knowledgable. The rates are very competitive with other communities in the area. The residents are very happy to be a part of what they call "the Bear Canyon Family". We found that they have several residents who have lived at Bear Canyon Estates for more than 5 years and some who have been here since the building was built. My mom has moved in and is happier than I have seen her in a long time.

From Bear Canyon Estates

Bear Canyon Estates is located in Albuquerque, NM, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Bear Canyon Estates for a visit...and stay!

Features of Bear Canyon Estates

• Housing extra: Cottages

• Hiking trails

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Dining extra: Private dining room