Home Helpers & Direct Link - Yorktown VA Home Care

Overview of Ratings

4.8

March 11, 2013

By Esther3

They are great people. They did a great job for my husband. They really cared for him. They are also good to their employees. If something goes wrong, they're on it in a minute. My husband had Parkinson's disease and heart problems. They practically had somebody to care for him 24 hours sometimes. They still come around and help me if I have a toilet leak that's giving me a problem. They also drive me to Arlington cemetery to see my husband.

March 11, 2013

By Walter3

My son found Home Helpers and Direct Link for me. Their care for me is really good. They help me with my meals and some errands too. The caregivers are always on time. They are very responsible.

From Home Helpers & Direct Link - Yorktown VA

Home Helpers of Yorktown serves the peninsula and surrounding areas. We are locally owned and operated, under the loving care & management of owner, Gail Stathers. Our mission is to ensure that you and your loved ones receive excellent in-home care.

We travel to wherever you are - your home, retirement community, nursing home, assisted living, hospital or rehabilitation center - and we develop care plans that are tailored to meet your specific needs. Whether it is for 2 hours a visit, 24 hour support, transportation needs or something in between, Home Helpers will be there!

Home Helpers of Yorktown received the coveted "President's Award for outstanding office. In 2011, one of our team members was nationally recognized as "Caregiver of the Year."

We provide a long list of In Home Care services, which include:

• Transferring
  • Medical Alert Systems, Medication Dispensers, Fall Sensors

Caregiver Information

Caregiver Skills Include:

Ethics, Patient Transfers, Stress Management, Grief Issues, Family Communication, Transition Issues, Communicating with Dementia Patients

Caregivers employed, bonded and insured: Yes
Caregivers available 24 hours a day: Yes
Available to assisted living facility: Yes
RN on Staff: Yes