FirstLight Home Care of Southern Maine

Overview of Ratings

4.8

April 22, 2013

By Judy19

FirstLight Home Care is very organized. They are extremely caring and always on time. The aides are just excellent. They cared a lot. They were extremely clean and very wonderful with my dad.

April 19, 2013

By Mary65585950

FirstLight Home Care is wonderful! They try to be so accommodating. They are wonderful in handling schedules. They've been really very good and the caregivers have been great. They are always on time. They look nice and neat. We like them a lot. They help my husband get up and do exercise like walking. They also assist him with personal grooming.

April 10, 2013

By Nancy31

Our experience with FirstLight Home Care has been very good. They're very helpful to my son. The caregivers are very cheerful. They really boost my son to give him a positive outlook. We have them for over a year. My son is very happy and comfortable with them around.

April 10, 2013

By Bonnie13

I can't say enough about First Light and the people that they provided. Their care was phenomenal. It was wonderful. They gave very caring and very knowledgeable assistants at the time when we thoroughly needed it. We had them for a little over a year. The caregiver really cared. She did absolutely everything I asked her and more. My mom was in the end stage of Alzheimers. She did pretty much everything for her. The management was always receptive and always there. There was always somebody to talk to us whenever we have questions. They could work the schedule around for me. They documented everything for me because we had to make sure that every single penny is documented. It was just an overall success.

September 18, 2012

By JohnH1

FirstLight Home Care is excellent. They did everything they said they would do. My wife seem to be pleased and I am very pleased with them. Every time they said they would do they were on time, they were here, and I'm very pleased with them. They're excellent people. I'd recommend them any moment.

From FirstLight Home Care of Southern Maine

Worry Free Comfort for Your Loved One:

When you or your loved one needs help at home, turn to FirstLight HomeCare. We offer complete companion and personal care services for seniors, new mothers, those recovering from surgery, or anyone who just needs a little assistance. And with our trusted, highly-trained caregivers and innovative services, you'll have even greater peace-of-mind.

• We work with you to provide a customized solution that focuses on wellness while maintaining client independence and dignity.
  • We're owned and staffed by trusted, caring people who have "been there" and who are there now.
  • We understand the challenges families face when caring for loved ones across town, or across the country.
  • FirstLight has a unique Dementia Program"”building care around the individual, not the disease - incorporating who they were, not just who we see today. It's a personalized and engaging approach, where our goal is to make sure those affected by this disease live the rest of their lives in comfort and with purpose.

Personal Care and Companion Services

• 24-hour Care
  • Household management assistance

Central and Southern Maine

• Oxford, Androscoggin, Cumberland and York counties

We offer the following additional benefits:

• One-on-one and couples care
  • Hospital to Home post discharge assistance
  • Nursing, Facility, and Hospital Transitions
  • Transportation
  • Re-Admission Rescue "“ assistance post discharge to avoid hospital re-admissions

Caregiver Information

Caregiver Skills Include:

Ethics, Patient Transfers, Stress Management, Grief Issues, Family Communication, Transition Issues, transportation, household management, Communicating and engaging with Dementia affected people.

Caregivers employed, bonded and insured: Yes
Caregivers available 24 hours a day: Yes
Available to assisted living facility: Yes
RN on Staff: Yes