Home Instead Senior Care - Winchester, VA

Contact Now

Reviews of Home Instead Senior Care - Winchester, VA

Allie Vermilye August 31, 2015

This is an amazing organization! I don't know what my mother would have done without them. The level of help they provide physically and emotionally are second to none. Each of my mother's caretakers became not only a worker but a true friend and member of our family. Having Home Instead helping my elderly mother was truly heaven sent. Each employee is a gift to your firm.

Serene June 24, 2015

My mother was a client for over two years and the level of care was not consistent. There were many caregivers during that time and most did not seem to be trained or experienced in dementia care. The office staff was disorganized and there was a lack of communication. For example - sending the caregiver to our house after my father's funeral but never informing her of his death. She asked my mother where he was when she saw he wasn't home. There were many incidents I complained about - including a caregiver leaving my mother alone in the house while she sat in the car and smoked. And a caregiver who left her own prescription medicine on our kitchen counter. Addition to review I posted (7/9/15): I posted a review in June and would like to update. The owner of Home Instead responded to my concerns through email and a personal phone call. Although my rating has not changed since it is based on actual experiences, I am impressed with his proactive approach and professional response to my criticism.

Caring77547450 May 30, 2014

Home Instead Senior Care is one of the largest companies, and it's the only available in our area. They are kinder and more compassionate. They take care OF my mother, who is 93 years old and has pneumonia. My main concern is for them to take care of my mom while I'm away.

caring0110213 January 24, 2013

We're fairly satisfied with Home Instead. They were responsive and they got a caregiver for my mother pretty quickly. Basically, they help her with bathing, dressing up, light housekeeping, and companionship. And so far so good.

From Home Instead Senior Care - Winchester, VA

Home Instead Senior Care - Caregiver Skills

Features of Home Instead Senior Care - Winchester, VA

Agency Type

• Full Service Agency
  • Agency Extra: Each Home Instead Senior Care Franchise Office Is Independently Owned And Operated.

• Companion Care
  • Range Of Services Extra: Hospice Support, Alzheimer's And Other Dementias Care, Chronic Conditions

Types of care

Training Areas

• Family Communication
  • Transition Issues
  • Memory Care Training
  • Training Areas Extra: The Aging Process, Building Relationships, Alzheimer's Or Other Dementias Care

Payment details