Home Instead Senior Care - Rockland County, NY

Contact Now

Reviews of Home Instead Senior Care - Rockland County, NY

Mur May 28, 2014

When my mother-in-law fell in her home this past January we were suddenly thrust into a world we had no clue how to navigate. When you're once vibrant and independent mother and mother-in-law is no longer able to live by themselves it can become very stressful for the entire family on how best to care for them. I made a few phone calls, spoke to a number of people, researched on the web and finally found Alison at Home Instead. It would be an understatement to say I was relieved to find someone that not only understood our situation but offered concrete suggestions/ideas on how to approach this new phase in our lives. All of our family members were very happy with the high quality of service my mother-in-law received in her home and while she was in rehabilitation. I cannot say enough positive things about Home Instead of Nyack, the attention to detail, the courteous manner extended to all of us in the family, the highest level of integrity. Everything was up front, clear, straightforwad which I appreciated and needed. Thanks to everyone! Carol

Story Girl May 10, 2014

I was so nervous having my mom return home to live with me after her recent stroke. The rehab center gave me short discharge notice and I panicked about how to find appropriate care givers to be part of my family. The joint of strangers living in my home filled me with anxiety. I interviewed several agencies but Louisa, the office manager along with Allison, the owner allowed me to sleep at night. They visited my mom ahead of her discharge to be able to pick an appropriate care giver. No one else offered to do this. They selected wonderful aides and did everything to make me less anxious. I could not have managed without them. Their responsive communication via email and phone, seven days a week was so valuable as our needs changed and I was grateful for their easy flexibility. You will not find more professional, caring assistance. Get a good night's sleep.

J. Falding January 24, 2014

Home Instead came in to help out my two aging parents who were insisting on staying in their home even though they needed a lot of assistance in their daily routines. The care provided them was exceptional. They are not an easy couple to satisfy as they resist any interference in their home, but Home Instead came in and took over certain key areas that they needed help with and did an exceptional job. Often there were events and changes and re-scheduling that needed to happen on a moments' notice and HomeInstead was available and willing to work with us at every turn. Thank you, Home Instead for your caring, your understanding of our needs, and your flexibility.

Chris T January 24, 2014

I interviewed this provider

I have been providing care for my Uncle for several years. He is quite particular and wanted a male companion. He was extremely happy with his companion and enjoyed him very much. He was interesting and provided great conversation for my Uncle and was so helpful in the house. It was great to have a concerned companion looking over him. Home Instead was extremely cooperative and accommodating in varying the schedule as needed. The staff would bend over backwards to make things work and the communication was excellent. I would highly recommend them.

Happy in Haverstraw July 04, 2013

I interviewed this provider

The young woman was caring,professional and wonderful. She helped me tremendously during my recuperation from surgery. When she saw something that had to be done she did it on her own initiative. She was wonderful.

Hankm June 16, 2013

I interviewed this provider

Worked for many years with Home Instead in the care of my Mom and they were wonderful.The women who supported my Mother were thoughtful,kind,patient and stimulating.Driving her around town or playing a game of scrabble they provided her with companionship and comfort - I will be forever grateful for the service they provided.

boogens8 April 29, 2013

Alison and Home Instead were a great find for me, in giving me help and support in taking care of my mother. My mother is an older woman who lived far from most of her family, and I was able to coordinate all of the care with Home Instead remotely from outside of the country.

Alison and her team were very involved and communicative, with calls and emails, through the whole process of my mother's rehabilitation. We talked often about my mother's overall progress and also about the details of both progress and setbacks for my mother as we went along. Home Instead was also very flexible in working with me about scheduling, different services, and changing needs of care.

The caregivers were well selected to be a complementary team for my mother. The caregivers were also very invested in my mother's well being, and I was gladly surprised at how capable they all were.

Ultimately, the whole team at Home Instead truly cared about my mother and helped to look out for her best interests, and I would happily work with Home Instead again, and would recommend Alison and her team to anyone who needs the kind of help they can provide.

From Home Instead Senior Care - Rockland County, NY

Home Instead Senior Care is a non-medical provider of companionship, meal preparation, light housekeeping, medication reminders, errands, incidental transportation and even Alzheimer's and dementia care. Our CAREGivers encourage, assist, and stimulate our clients in a variety of activities that improve their quality of life and help them maintain their independence. All of these services allow a senior to stay HOME INSTEAD for a longer period of time.

Home Instead - Caregiver Skills

Features of Home Instead Senior Care - Rockland County, NY

Agency Type

• Full-service agency. (We directly employ the caregivers we work with.)

• Companion care

Screening

• We interview every team member in person
  • We check references
  • We check driving records
  • We confirm legal U.S. residency
  • We require drug screenings

Training

• Staff members receive ongoing/continuing training

Training Areas

• Family Communication
  • Transition Issues
  • Memory Care

Payment details

• We handle payroll, benefits, and taxes for our caregivers

Bonded/insured

• Our business is bonded and insured

Business Address