Home Instead Senior Care - Washington, NJ

Contact Now

Reviews of Home Instead Senior Care - Washington, NJ

Irene N. December 18, 2015

All caregivers are excellent! But Betty has always been outstanding! She is my trusted friend and goes the extra mile. She does everything I need and is part of our family. There is no better care anywhere! Truly outstanding!

G. Edolo December 16, 2015

Tracy, I sincerely appreciate with such short notice the caregivers that came for my husband. Although they were only here for a couple of weeks it was such a help to me. They were very friendly and met all my husbands needs. It also gave me some time to do errands and get some rest. I would highly recommend Home Instead to anyone who needs senior care for their family.

Joe & Doris November 25, 2015

Julie was an asset to our home. She was a great help doing every chore we asked her to do.

Robin Montgomery November 13, 2015

Superb organization with the sweetest, compassionate, caring, loving staff in the whole wide world.

Judy Gordley November 08, 2015

Sue is an outstanding caregiver. My mother-in-law formed a bond with her immediately. We felt very comfortable with Sue’s warm and friendly personality. She’s a very hard worker too.

Lorinda Ravo October 25, 2015

I can't say enough about Home Instead and have recommended them so many times. The kind, compassionate, gentle, and nurturing care that our dad's CAREgivers provide for him gives me comfort, a peace of mind, and a gratitude that I just don't have enough words for. If you have an aging parent, even one with advancing dementia like my dad, please consider Home Instead. Theirs is a ministry, and not just to their client, but to the client's family as well. Can you tell that I LOVE Home Instead? You will too!

Nancy117518550 October 01, 2015

Many thanks to each of you for the care and kindness extended to mom and to me these past five months. I could not have managed without you all doing a share of taking my place caring for my mother during the circumstances that developed with my brothers passing in early March and mom's condition. I wish I could have been with her when she passed but I am grateful she was not alone. I know her caregivers from home instead were holding her hands and soothing her with their personal care. I will miss Mom, and my contact with her wonderful caregivers.

Lorinda October 01, 2015

Thank you to all the staff at home instead Senior care for your ministry, your concern, and your guidance, and your care. Our dad gave us a lifetime of love and support, and we are so grateful that with you as our partners, we are able to give him that love and support now. You are a blessing to all of us: Dad and his children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren!!!

Bob114773350 July 31, 2015

We are very pleased with and would recommend Home Instead. Curt liked all of your employees very much. Thank you so much for your effort!

Candace9 July 31, 2015

I want to thank Home Instead for the wonderful care they provided for my Uncle Elston Rush. His caregiver Joe is a wonderful, compassionate and patient man. He served our family for over 3 years. He made my uncle's final years as pleasant as possible. The entire Home Instead family should be commended for their excellent care.

Lavoine July 20, 2015

Home Instead provides companion care once a week to my 92 year old mother-in-law. They are resposive and detail-oriented. My mother-in-law was resistant at first to having a "stranger" around, but she is now thrilled to have her caregiver. She even tells us how wonderful her caregiver everytime she leaves.

James Salvatoriello June 04, 2015

Our outstanding experience with Home Instead began with Tracy's initial consultation. From that point on, the office staff worked tirelessly to provide CHHAs to help us out. We were so impressed with Deb, Bonnie, and Kelly who expressed compassion and advice that was so helpful and appreciated. Nurses Rhonda and June were also outstanding in their care!!

Nancy103105550 December 17, 2014

I could not ask for a better caregiver than Marguerite! She was fantastic. She actually cared about Wally and did the best she could. We miss her. (Give her a big raise.)

Angela13 August 07, 2014

Home Instead Senior Care gave me the peace of mind knowing that my mother was being given the attention she needed and deserved. The entire staff is proffessional at all times. My mom was treated well. They showed true care and concern for the senior. They were always informative, left a log, and contacted family members when something needed attention. I felt blessed having found Home Instead!

Ken28 August 07, 2014

The service this group provides for my 93 years old grandmother is 5 star. Kind, devoted, trusted, are only some words to describe the health team. My grandmother cannot wait until "her girls" come and visit. They work hard giving her bathes and doing her house work. Most of all, they visit her. Home Instead is highly recommended!

James Cochran June 30, 2014

Just a note to thank you once again for the "above and beyond" care that you extended to my Dad and extended family. As you know, Christopher, Dad's CAREGiver, is a very special, humble and selfless man that gave his all to be certain that my Dad, James L. Cochran was treated with respect and gentle loving care during his final years of Alzheimer's. We simply could not have done this at home without you all. I already have and always will suggest Home Instead Senior Care for other families in need of such services. We, the Cochran family, will be forever grateful and indebted to you.

Very Truly Yours,

James "Chip" Cochran, Hackettstown, NJ

Jennifer36 June 19, 2014

Caregivers from Home Instead, Washington, NJ (#325) have been visiting with our mother on a regular basis for a few years now. Mom is 92 years old. The Caregivers are wonderful. They handle many chores such as making sure Mom takes her meds, helping her with meals, and driving her to appointments as well as food shopping and visiting her friends. We are very pleased that Mom has been able to continue to live in her home as she ages. Thank you to the very caring people from Home Instead.

Tim19 June 19, 2014

We have worked with Home Instead for 8 years in caring for our parents. The entire team of caregivers is professional, well-trained, attentive, caring, and very dependable. Now, we have a live in caregiver that is fantastic and has become a member of our family. Tracy is a capable leader and an accomplished business person.

Diane94694650 June 19, 2014

The staff and caregivers of Home Instead were wonderful, caring and professionals. I have only good things to say. My mother adored her caregiver Consuelo. She became like a member of our family. I could go out knowing Mom was in the best hands possible. She was at home, which was so important to her. I was very grateful for Home Instead-Washington, NJ. They are the best!

RB June 28, 2013

My caregivers are very professional and get the job done. It is comforting to know I have the same caregiver everyday, who is not only a caregiver but a close friend.

Nora1 June 28, 2013

I am very happy with my caregivers. They get the job done in the time they are here with me. They are my caregivers

Valeria1 May 24, 2013

The caregivers are well trained and do their jobs the way they should.

Ron9 May 18, 2013

Outstanding! Using Home Instead has been the best for my mother. She has developed a real bond with our caregivers (Betty and Peggy). they both are fantastic! I couldn't ask for a better pair--our entire experience has been superb! I would recommend Home Instead to anyone, they are all terrific!

Valerra May 18, 2013

The caregivers are well trained and do their jobs the way they should.

Nick1 May 18, 2013

Excellent care by all caregivers and I am happy the girls are helping me.

Irene3 May 17, 2013

My caregivers are caring, friendly, everything you would wish for. They do anything I ask of them. I consider myself very lucky to have them as my caregivers.

Charles10 May 14, 2013

Very professional, anything that I need they are there for me.

Caring67270650 May 14, 2013

Always attentive, if I need anything they are there. The help and care is excellent. If I have to call it's good to know someone is there 24/7.

Frank8 April 30, 2013

Home Instead provided senior care to my 88 year old mom for two years. The care they provided was outstanding. The compassion and service provided by the Home Instead employees was excellent. They treated my mom like she was a family member.

Kathy19 April 14, 2013

My mom was a client of Home Instead for over 3 years. When Tracy first met with my mom, she promised to match her with the perfect caregiver and she did. Her caregiver, Deborah Shanley, was amazing. As mom aged and her dementia worsened, Deborah was always kind, compassionate, and ever watchful. Many times she provided me with valuable info to help me in the care of mom. But most importantly she was a friend and companion to mom, helping her to stay in her home as long as possible.

From Home Instead Senior Care - Washington, NJ

Home Instead Senior Care is passionately focused on helping older adults live independently in their homes. A few of the many services we provide are: companionship, meal planning and preparation, light housekeeping, laundry and bed linen change, errands and incidental transportation. We also provide assistance with personal care needs like grooming and bathing with licensed aides.

We offer an affordable option for seniors who are able and prefer to remain at home where their quality of life is enhanced without the stress and hardship of interrupted routines and changes in their daily habits. Being a caregiver poses significant challenges and Home Instead is here to help. We are a resource for families seeking guidance and education about the options that are available for your aging loved one. Our Administrative Staff is On Call 24/7 responding live to incoming calls made after hours.

Home Instead Senior Care - Caregiver Skills

Our CAREGivers are insured and bonded. They are our Employees, not independent contractors. Applicants undergo a rigorous interview and screening process comprising a motor vehicle and background check, drug test, sex offender, and verification of Social Security number. We require 6 personal references and verify prior work history.

Developing CAREGivers who provide quality care and enhance the lives of aging adults is the focus of our 3 stage training program: The Aging Process, Safe CAREGiver- Safe Client, and Building Relationships modules. We also offer Alzheimer’s and Dementia education through our through CARE: Changing Aging Through Research and Development Education.

Our CAREGivers are passionately dedicated to honoring their elders and enhancing their lives through building trust, sharing their hearts and taking the lead. They are selfless individuals who want to make a difference and they bring their years of experience with them.

Features of Home Instead Senior Care - Washington, NJ

Agency Type

• Full-service agency. (We directly employ the caregivers we work with.)

• Companion care

Screening

• We interview every team member in person
  • We check references
  • We check driving records
  • We confirm legal U.S. residency
  • We require drug screenings

Training

• Staff members receive ongoing/continuing training

Training Areas

• Family Communication
  • Transition Issues
  • Memory Care

Payment details

• We handle payroll, benefits, and taxes for our caregivers

Bonded/insured

• Our business is bonded and insured

Business Address