WeCare Home Assistants, LLC

Top nearby In-Home Care Services

Reviews of WeCare Home Assistants, LLC

Bill3 October 30, 2012

We were introduced to WeCare when we were temporarily living at the Oak Life Gardens. WeCare made a presentation there. I called them first because they were located close to our community, and received a very positive response. We engaged them and since then we also talked to other people who had used them. We never regretted making a choice of getting their service. We have a very good caregiver. Michelle has been assigned to us from the very beginning and has been here regularly. My wife particularly is bonded with her. I get along with her pretty well too. It's been a very nice relationship. Michelle takes good care of my wife. She seems to care about her. We've started using them July 30th and the routine is that she gets here 7:30 in the morning. She gets my wife up and prepares her breakfast. She helps her with shower and dresses her, then gets her situated for the day. She prepares her lunch too and then she leaves at 3:30 in the afternoon and then I take it from there.

Bill, it's always nice to care for couples like yourself for not very much more money. I'm glad it's working out! Steve Brooks, director

Jon3 October 23, 2012

We had a very positive and wonderful experience with WeCare. We were lucky to find them. All the people in the company; the staff, the officers and the owners are very dependable, conscientious, and caring people. They did a wonderful job in taking care of my mom. The caregivers themselves are really excellent and very dependable, very kind and very competent. One thing that I really find good is that they are closely supervised by the management. If we ever had any kind of adjustments or comments they were always very responsive. The caregivers started out with lighter duties like general housekeeping and driving and when my mom's condition got worse, they adapted and took her care of her. Even to the end, they were present when hospice people came and they went over that with them. They're such a loyal group. They were with us till my mom died.

Your mother was special to us and we sincerely appreciated your trusting us over the years that we cared for her. Thank you. Steve Brooks, director

Caring2002 October 23, 2012

They were recommended to me by someone who had used their services. I also received brochures from a couple different providers. I had conversations with them and then I tried to talk to people who used each of their services. So I met Cynthia and I really liked how she presented everything.

I absolutely love our caregiver from WeCare. At the very beginning the care was for my mother. My father and I had a couple of choices. Cynthia, interviewed us and know our personality and style and she recommended good people whom Cynthia thought would be a good fit. Dad and I met with those caregivers. We started with a couple of people. We made a couple of changes at the beginning and part of that had to do with the scheduling and where the caregivers lived relative to where my parents were. We ended up with 2 caregivers that were very reliable. I felt that they cared about my mother's safety and her emotional well being. They're very receptive to activities and things that I wanted them to do for or with my mother. They took great direction in terms of her food diet or food that she didn't like. I brought things in like puzzles and stuff to stimulate my mother cognitively and they worked with her. They care very much for my mother. One of the most wonderful things that happened with both of them when I go up to visit is that they could make my mother laugh.

We had WeCare from February of 2010 through the middle of August. I was very satisfied with how they treated her.

I believe one thing that sets WeCare Home Assistants apart is that the management actively engages in each client's care. We don't just send a "warm body" and hope things work out, because those lower expectations result in a high caregiver turnover. Elderly clients need stability in their lives, not "20 different caregivers," that someone else complained about the other day. Probably an exaggeration, but we knew exactly what the gentleman was talking about.

Another thing that helps prevent caregiver turnover is careful screening. Out of 50 job inquiries each month, we choose 1 or 2 at the most. I'm glad you chose us to help you during a difficult time. Steve Brooks, director

Helen1 October 16, 2012

WeCare is just a few blocks from where I live and I've had easy contact with them any time. I would highly recommend them to anybody because they follow through on everything. I did have a a few concerns but they always helped me with the changes that need to be made and they work with the people that they sent to me. I was the caregiver for my husband. They came and took care of husband and household duties so that I'm free to go and pursue other things that I needed to do. The caregivers supervised everything he did. They assisted him when he needed help with walking, moving around the house and getting up and down from places. They took care of his bedroom and did all his laundry. They did light housekeeping for me. I had them for about a year and a half. I am truly happy with their service.

There's one thing that I wish that they had done and I did talk to Cynthia about this. I wanted her people to be better trained before they came in. I had to do the training of the caregivers. These caregivers that came were not necessarily familiar with the American way of doing things like the vacuum and our cleaning products. I had to spend a lot of time with them for that reason and show them how to do things. I wish that WeCare had done that ahead of time. Cynthia did admit that they don't train their people ahead of time. She never did change that with me. As it happened, my husband passed away at the end of June but the caregivers they sent to me turned out to be wonderful people especially the last one we had from Kenya.

I had recommended them to many of my friends.

Thank you for taking the time to give a positive WeCare Home Assistants review, and we deeply appreciate your recommendations to your friends and neighbors.

Regarding the training of caregivers on household appliances, this is something we still believe should be left up to the homeowner because of the many variations -- and client preferences -- that caregivers encounter. Even though services don't include housecleaning, light housekeeping is included when the caregiver has time.

We DO provide training on companionship, personal care, CPR, First Aid, and individual care needs, to make sure caregivers are performing "above and beyond" what they're hired to do.

Thanks again, Steve Brooks, director

Sharon11 October 16, 2012

My dad originally had an in home care provider but for some reason he did not like them. It just so happens that WeCare is just right next door to him so we went over there. My dad was having problems with his legs and I asked Cynthia if she could wrap his legs in the morning and take them out at night and she said yes. He has slowly developed more problems and he really likes them. We've had Wecare for 2 years now and he's been very happy with all of them.

Each caregiver has their own personality. Originally my dad did not like men to take care of him but the Filipino men are just so sweet. They're very kind. Each one is a little different. Paul is very young and sweet. He tries hard to make everyone happy. The other one is more mature and respectful man. Even though their personality is a little different, they're all very loving and caring toward the elderly. I'm Catholic and most of them seemed to be Catholic and very spiritual and I like that. They're very conscientious about their work. They're always very helpful. Cynthia, the owner always keep me posted about everything. If my dad has to go to a doctor's appointment, she'll tell me when it is and when they are taking him. If she notices any problems with my dad she'll call me and tell me about that. When he needed a wheelchair, they let him borrow the one that they had. Her husband, Steve is really nice. He went out of his way to help me.

I did have a problem just once with a new girl. She wasn't Filipino. She didn't do anything wrong. I just had a bad feeling and followed my gut. I went to Cynthia right away and told her about how I feel. She assured me that it won't be a problem and that she would take care of it and replaced her right away. Even though I have no specific reason for not wanting this person, they were very sweet and immediately took care of it.

Your dad makes it easy for us to carry out the slogan, "Caring for your family as we would our own," and the staff always looks forward to their regular visits with him. Thank you for your continued trust in WeCare!

Mitch2 October 16, 2012

We actually interviewed 3 or 4 different agencies and each one brought in their proposed caregiver. We had a different agency to begin with. We chose WeCare and they've been very good. The caregivers we have now in particular are very good, compassionate, and very respectful. Cynthia, I think one of the owners, checks on my dad as to what's going on. I have set up an auto pay. I really don't have problems from that end of it. When there are issues like if he has to go to the hospital or whatever, I just call them and let them know that he's gonna be at the hospital or nursing home for recovery for the next 3 weeks. I don't know what happens to the regular caregivers at that point but they kinda go away and they come back when my dad is comes out. We started using WeCare back in 2006.

Mitch:

Thank you for the positive review about care for your dad. Regarding "where the caregivers go," we always try to find temporary assignments for them when a client goes into the hospital, and we try doubly hard to bring them back when the client returns home. Unless the service is maintained during the hospital stay, we can't guarantee a caregivers return, but we'll definitely try to provide that familiar face at a critical time.

Thank you for your continued patronage over the years!

Syl1 October 10, 2012

WeCare is close to where I live, just down the street. I didn't necessarily know anybody there. It figured that I can get a better service if they're just close by.

I basically have two caregivers come here mostly. They're just perfect. If I need something in the middle of the night, I yell out their name and they're there. They take care of whatever I need and help me with anything I ask. I'm very pleased with their service. They've been very helpful. Everybody is here on time and they're doing a good job.

I had the chance to speak with one of the bosses of WeCare. She'd been here a few times and asked me how things are going and if I could think of anything I need. She also suggested some other type of payments for the service which she didn't have to do. I thought it's a pretty good deal so I went for it.

Thank you so much for the positive review, it's always good to hear things are working out so well with new clients. Just to be clear, the caregivers don't come from the office when you call them, just the next room. :-)

Hopefully your back is getting better and you're back on your feet again soon.

Valerie4 October 10, 2012

Our experience with WeCare was very positive. They were very caring and thorough with their care. We thought that they cared about our mother and took good care of her. The caregivers were very good and they were caring. From the beginning she didn't need as much care and then it became a live-in care situation. On the management side, they were also very good. They were responsive when we needed anything.

Your mother will always hold a special place in our hearts. She was one of our first clients from seven years ago and we miss her -- she indeed made it easy for us to CARE.

About WeCare Home Assistants, LLC

WeCare Home Assistants, LLC is an in-home care provider serving Walnut Creek, CA and the surrounding area. WeCare Home Assistants, LLC offers non-medical services in the home, such as meal preparation, housekeeping, and transportation. Contact the provider for more details on home care services and rates.

Features of WeCare Home Assistants, LLC