Home Instead Senior Care - Virginia Beach, VA

Contact Now

Reviews of Home Instead Senior Care - Virginia Beach, VA

Average Rating:

E. PierceZZUBN May 11, 2016

My caregiver is terrific! I enjoy politics and current news. My caregiver and I discuss it often. It's nice that she not only helps me but can carry on a good, lively conversation also!

Marie B.MYLVV May 11, 2016

My husband was being cared for by HISC for over one year. He passed in December. We enjoyed our caregiver Lenore so much that we decided to keep her on to help me. She's very helpful. I know my husband would be pleased she's sill helping me.

H. WhiteECHYU May 11, 2016

Caregivers are wonderful! They've helped me so much and keep me company. It's nice to know I won't be alone all day while my family is away at work and school.

V. NewtonMFKWA May 11, 2016

I am so happy with my HISC caregivers! I can't tell you how much I depend on them. They are all lovely and caring. I especially love caregiver Angie. We cook together so we both can enjoy it!

Shirley R. March 31, 2016

Our aunt is in a facility and she has dementia. The care Home Instead provides is truly wonderful! Caregiver Jackie is extraordinary in how she cares for and relates to our aunt. We are so grateful!

Ralph C.2 March 31, 2016

I am so very happy with my caregiver! We enjoy our time together, even play the piano and guitar together. I very much look forward to seeing her each week. Thank you!

Ray R. February 26, 2016

Our dad truly loves his caregiver! Dad says she goes above and beyond and is so kind. We are considering going to 6 days per week very soon. Thanks so much for helping and caring about our dad!

F. Gilbert January 30, 2016

I love the care I'm receiving from Home Instead. They are very good. They would not be here if I was dissatisfied. I can assure you!

E. Thompson January 29, 2016

I have had the same caregivers for quite a while and they are excellent! They always do what I ask and are so nice!

D. Grunow December 31, 2015

I have caregivers a couple of days per week. I am really satisfied with Crystal. She has my routine down pat! If there are any caregiver changes, the office always calls to confirm if a sub is wanted. That's nice!

T. Rupert December 31, 2015

I’m very happy with my my care! I love the get well posters brought to hospital and signed by everyone! Thank you!

Debbi Hughes December 31, 2015

Couldn’t imagine a better fit for me that Sharle. Good-humored, efficient and kind.

Mr. William B. December 30, 2015

We love Home Instead! We love our caregiver - Liz. She’s like a member of the family.

Doris D. December 29, 2015

I have my caregiver, Lanore. She helps me a couple days per week. I Love her and don’t know what I’d do without her!

A. Redman December 22, 2015

I am very lucky to have Ethel in my life as a caregiver! She’s wonderful! Thank you.

Connie Bunyan Doss November 25, 2015

I could not ask for a better company. The caregivers that care for my mother truly care about her and understand her needs. They take a personal interest. She was visited when she was in the hospital and received a birthday card personally signed by the staff. I can count on them to care for my mother's needs.

Kathy Schroeder October 28, 2015

Top, Top Kudos and Praise for Home Instead Senior Care, Virginia Beach. My family spoke with and hired Home Instead based on a family friend’s recommendation. We needed help with our 89-year old parents who still live in their own home. For over 2 years one lovely, extremely competent and compassionate woman has helped our parents in the afternoons for several times a week. My parents LOVE her. We LOVE her. We have claimed her as our sister! She is beyond what any of us hoped for. She anticipates what they need need. She is gentle, loving and super competent. Both of my parents cannot say enough about her.

In August 2015, our parents - still wanting to remain in their house - asked for more help. We called Home Instead and spoke with the manager, about getting more help. She magically arranged a morning shift and an afternoon shift 7 days a week. It was effective the next morning! Two more fantastic support arrived and we have been incredibly impressed with these two women. We cannot say enough about their intelligence, skill, caring hearts, helpfulness and so much more.

It has been such a relief to be able to secure such caliber skilled workers from our parents. They deserve the best and nothing less than excellent would do for us. We got excellent care! They have assisted with meals, bathing, walking, laundry, shopping, doctor’s appointments and more.

Because of the 3 caregivers, our parents can remain in their beloved home and we have peace of mind that they are indeed very well cared for.

ncpd25 May 10, 2014

I enlisted the services of Home Instead Virginia Beach and remained home from work on o e occasion yet, no aide showed up. I called the office and asked when the aide arrived at my residence and was given two different times. The office manager wasn't aware I was standing in my kitchen when I called and there was no aide at my house.

I also arrived home to find my Mother sitting in 9 hours of her own excrement. The aide admitted her actions to the Commonwealth. My Mother passed away shortly after discontinuing the services of Home Instead. Given these circumstances, I'm of the opinion that the care my Mother received was inadequate/improper.

happyreviewer January 28, 2014

I give them 5 stars but if I could give them 10 I would. We had other agencies come in for my boyfriend's Mom and although the caregivers were good there were problems that were frustrating. I would recommend H.I. to anyone. They are amazing, all of them. They are there everyday, even on a day when it snowed in Virginia Beach and we certainly did not expect that. They go above and beyond. They leave everything spotless in the house (I did not ask for any housekeeping) they tidy up her bathroom and the dishes that they use. They put her laundry in the hamper or wash it sometimes. It can be a challenge and they keep her clean as well as her clothes and linens. They communicate any problems and read the notes we leave for them. We always know what is going on (if she refuses care, doesnt want to eat ect.) They all go the extra mile.I am a nurse myself (I do not and never have worked for Home Instead) and will recommend them to my clients and their families. People should know how good these people are so here is my review. I always keep in mind that I am not perfect and I do not expect perfection but Home Instead is pretty close.

Caring1745 April 24, 2013

I hired the services of Home Instead Senior Care for my wife. I opted for them because they provided what I needed. The caregiver did light housekeeping and relieved me of the work. She was very friendly and knew what she was doing. She also had the patience that I needed. I was satisfied with the agency.

From Home Instead Senior Care - Virginia Beach, VA

Home Instead Senior Care - Caregiver Skills

Features of Home Instead Senior Care - Virginia Beach, VA

Agency Type

• Full-service agency. (We directly employ the caregivers we work with.)

• Companion care

Screening

• We interview every team member in person
  • We check references
  • We check driving records
  • We confirm legal U.S. residency
  • We require drug screenings

Training

• Staff members receive ongoing/continuing training

Training Areas

• Family Communication
  • Transition Issues
  • Memory Care

Payment details

• We handle payroll, benefits, and taxes for our caregivers

Bonded/insured

• Our business is bonded and insured

Business Address