Home Instead Senior Care - Virginia Beach, VA

Reviews of Home Instead Senior Care - Virginia Beach, VA

By Diane

Loved the caregiver. She did a fantastic job with my mother. She knew exactly how to engage my mom and get her to do things.

By R. Simpson

Home Instead Senior Care has always been there when we need them. I would recommend, they have a caring staff and wonderful caregivers that took care of my husband and I.

By Martha

Home Instead has been a life saver to me. I'm able to sleep at night knowing my grandmother has good, consistent care. Caregivers are very loving and caring and always dependable. I would truly recommend HISC.

By Carl P.

I'm very happy with the services for my wife. The caregivers are very attentive and interact with her and myself. I would highly recommend Home Instead. They are the best.

By Carole A.

I used Home Instead to take care of my husband. They did a wonderful job. Always on time and had a consistent schedule of caregivers. They started to feel like a very good friend. I would highly recommend.

April 18, 2017

By Elisabeth560355

Home Instead was fantastic. They did a great job taking care of myself and my husband. I would highly recommend them.

February 17, 2017

By Robert658617

I love Home Instead! They do a super job. They really clean my apartment better than I ever could. I recommend them to everyone.

January 11, 2017

By Retha406824

We have been using Home Instead for personal care and light housekeeping. Charles our caregiver is good, but I did not like the fact that I had to pay in advance although the price is OK for what I am getting. They provide you with whatever scheduling you need, and I am satisfied with them.

December 19, 2016

By Barnes

Happy with caregiver Jessica. She is my favorite! She always makes sure I am taken care of.

December 17, 2016

By The Howards

Caregivers are helpful. We are very satisfied with the ones we have. Thank you.

December 15, 2016

By Mr. Post

I would Deborah & Melinda caregivers a 10 star rating. Been with Home Instead for a long time even in Florida. Happy with caregivers that are regulars. Helpful with interaction and socializing.

December 08, 2016

By Denise614255

A very professional company! They are very flexible with my schedule. The caregivers are so sweet and helpful. I look forward to them coming.

November 29, 2016

By Rebecca873465

I am happy with our regular caregiver and all other caregivers I have. They help me a lot when my daughter cannot.

June 17, 2016

By William S600267

HISC caregivers are wonderful! We never thought anyone could get along with our dad, but your caregivers made a connection with him. Our mom recently passed, so we're thankful dad has his caregivers to help him through it. Thank you!

By Susan C.XRZKK

My family and my mother are very happy with Home Instead and mom's caregivers! They are perfect matches for mom. We live out of town and feel good about mom being cared for when we can't be there. Thank you.

By Sharon W.2

I had a stroke in December 2015. My caregivers have made the difference in how quickly I'm recovering. My main caregiver is simply the best. My angel! I look forward to our time each day.

By Nancy Y.

My caregiver and I spend lots of time together baking, watching favorite TV channels and etc. my husband is very involved outside the home, so I'm not lonely with my caregiver here!

By Joan C.LCDGH

I was reluctant to begin the services but my daughter really wanted me to try. My caregiver is very nice and I like her! She's an excellent organizer so now my linen closet and bureau are the neatest they've ever been! She's very good company for me too.

By E. PierceZZUBN

My caregiver is terrific! I enjoy politics and current news. My caregiver and I discuss it often. It's nice that she not only helps me but can carry on a good, lively conversation also!

By Marie B.MYLVV

My husband was being cared for by HISC for over one year. He passed in December. We enjoyed our caregiver Lenore so much that we decided to keep her on to help me. She's very helpful. I know my husband would be pleased she's sill helping me.

By H. WhiteECHYU

Caregivers are wonderful! They've helped me so much and keep me company. It's nice to know I won't be alone all day while my family is away at work and school.

By V. NewtonMFKWA

I am so happy with my HISC caregivers! I can't tell you how much I depend on them. They are all lovely and caring. I especially love caregiver Angie. We cook together so we both can enjoy it!

March 31, 2016

By Shirley R.

Our aunt is in a facility and she has dementia. The care Home Instead provides is truly wonderful! Caregiver Jackie is extraordinary in how she cares for and relates to our aunt. We are so grateful!

March 31, 2016

By Ralph C.2

I am so very happy with my caregiver! We enjoy our time together, even play the piano and guitar together. I very much look forward to seeing her each week. Thank you!

February 26, 2016

By Ray R.

Our dad truly loves his caregiver! Dad says she goes above and beyond and is so kind. We are considering going to 6 days per week very soon. Thanks so much for helping and caring about our dad!

January 30, 2016

By F. Gilbert

I love the care I'm receiving from Home Instead. They are very good. They would not be here if I was dissatisfied. I can assure you!

January 29, 2016

By E. Thompson

I have had the same caregivers for quite a while and they are excellent! They always do what I ask and are so nice!

By D. Grunow

I have caregivers a couple of days per week. I am really satisfied with Crystal. She has my routine down pat! If there are any caregiver changes, the office always calls to confirm if a sub is wanted. That's nice!

By T. Rupert

I’m very happy with my my care! I love the get well posters brought to hospital and signed by everyone! Thank you!

By Debbi Hughes

Couldn’t imagine a better fit for me that Sharle. Good-humored, efficient and kind.

December 30, 2015

By Mr. William B.

We love Home Instead! We love our caregiver - Liz. She’s like a member of the family.

December 29, 2015

By Doris D.

I have my caregiver, Lanore. She helps me a couple days per week. I Love her and don’t know what I’d do without her!

December 22, 2015

By A. Redman

I am very lucky to have Ethel in my life as a caregiver! She’s wonderful! Thank you.

November 25, 2015

By Connie Bunyan Doss

I could not ask for a better company. The caregivers that care for my mother truly care about her and understand her needs. They take a personal interest. She was visited when she was in the hospital and received a birthday card personally signed by the staff. I can count on them to care for my mother's needs.

October 28, 2015

By Kathy Schroeder

Top, Top Kudos and Praise for Home Instead Senior Care, Virginia Beach. My family spoke with and hired Home Instead based on a family friend’s recommendation. We needed help with our 89-year old parents who still live in their own home. For over 2 years one lovely, extremely competent and compassionate woman has helped our parents in the afternoons for several times a week. My parents LOVE her. We LOVE her. We have claimed her as our sister! She is beyond what any of us hoped for. She anticipates what they need need. She is gentle, loving and super competent. Both of my parents cannot say enough about her. In August 2015, our parents - still wanting to remain in their house - asked for more help. We called Home Instead and spoke with the manager, about getting more help. She magically arranged a morning shift and an afternoon shift 7 days a week. It was effective the next morning! Two more fantastic support arrived and we have been incredibly impressed with these two women. We cannot say enough about their intelligence, skill, caring hearts, helpfulness and so much more. It has been such a relief to be able to secure such caliber skilled workers from our parents. They deserve the best and nothing less than excellent would do for us. We got excellent care! They have assisted with meals, bathing, walking, laundry, shopping, doctor’s appointments and more. Because of the 3 caregivers, our parents can remain in their beloved home and we have peace of mind that they are indeed very well cared for.

May 10, 2014

By ncpd25

I enlisted the services of Home Instead Virginia Beach and remained home from work on o e occasion yet, no aide showed up. I called the office and asked when the aide arrived at my residence and was given two different times. The office manager wasn't aware I was standing in my kitchen when I called and there was no aide at my house. I also arrived home to find my Mother sitting in 9 hours of her own excrement. The aide admitted her actions to the Commonwealth. My Mother passed away shortly after discontinuing the services of Home Instead. Given these circumstances, I'm of the opinion that the care my Mother received was inadequate/improper.

January 28, 2014

By happyreviewer

Other

I give them 5 stars but if I could give them 10 I would. We had other agencies come in for my boyfriend's Mom and although the caregivers were good there were problems that were frustrating. I would recommend H.I. to anyone. They are amazing, all of them. They are there everyday, even on a day when it snowed in Virginia Beach and we certainly did not expect that. They go above and beyond. They leave everything spotless in the house (I did not ask for any housekeeping) they tidy up her bathroom and the dishes that they use. They put her laundry in the hamper or wash it sometimes. It can be a challenge and they keep her clean as well as her clothes and linens. They communicate any problems and read the notes we leave for them. We always know what is going on (if she refuses care, doesnt want to eat ect.) They all go the extra mile.I am a nurse myself (I do not and never have worked for Home Instead) and will recommend them to my clients and their families. People should know how good these people are so here is my review. I always keep in mind that I am not perfect and I do not expect perfection but Home Instead is pretty close.

April 24, 2013

I hired the services of Home Instead Senior Care for my wife. I opted for them because they provided what I needed. The caregiver did light housekeeping and relieved me of the work. She was very friendly and knew what she was doing. She also had the patience that I needed. I was satisfied with the agency.

From Home Instead Senior Care - Virginia Beach, VA

Home Instead Senior Care - Caregiver Skills

Photos of Home Instead Senior Care - Virginia Beach, VA

Features of Home Instead Senior Care - Virginia Beach, VA

Agency Type

• Full Service Agency
  • Agency Extra: Each Home Instead Senior Care Franchise Office Is Independently Owned And Operated.

• Companion Care
  • Range Of Services Extra: Hospice Support, Alzheimer's And Other Dementias Care, Chronic Conditions

Types of care

Training Areas

• Family Communication
  • Transition Issues
  • Memory Care Training
  • Training Areas Extra: The Aging Process, Building Relationships, Alzheimer's Or Other Dementias Care

Payment details