Catalina In-Home Services

Reviews of Catalina In-Home Services

Overview of Ratings

4.8

By Cynthia4

I was recuperating at The Forum here in Tucson after surgery and my children looked into several agencies. They liked Catalina based on what they heard. I've been very satisfied with the caregivers. They're very caring, kind and helpful. Coming back after the surgery, I was still not back to normal. I needed help 24/7 because I walked with a walker. They were there for me and helped me with everything that I needed help with. I didn't return home from recuperating at The Forum until early March. So I had caregivers from Catalina since early March. I didn't have them full time originally but I took a fall in the house. I had part time help then from Catalina. When I took a fall, I was alone and my children insisted that I have full time help. I now have somebody 24/7. They're concerned for my welfare and well being. I have peace of mind because they are here with me.

By Susan22

I had heard of Catalina's reputation in Tucson. My brother lived there and he was getting quite ill. I actually had talked to Judy upfront because my brother was sick. She was wonderful and she explained everything about how the services are going to work. I spent sometime in Arizona with my brother and the people that came out to treat him were just incredible. They were so attentive, knowledgeable and so professional and Judy was as well. It was a win-win situation. They were wonderful and so helpful. When I had to go back to California, they kept in touch with me. Everyone did. He was very appreciative and I was totally appreciative. Judy kept in touch with me and it was really an incredible experience for me even though my brother was really ill and he eventually passed away. Honestly I can't say enough about Judy and her company and the people who work for her.

By Katherine3

Catalina is excellent for my needs. I'm not helpless by any means but there are things that I cannot do for myself. I get to have help from them 3 times a week. I had a fall and I can't sit in the bath tub and so they assist me with bathing. There's no way I can reach my feet and there's no way I can reach my back. In addition, the caregiver does most of my housekeeping for me. I'm very happy with their service.

By Lynn9

We used another agency before and I was not happy with them at all. So I researched a little for other agencies and I found out that Catalina was local. I also found out that Judy was very particular about the people that she hired. Also that she gave a free assessment to have someone come out. So we decided to go with them. We have a couple of our own personnel but then we wanted to have a permanent night person and also a fill in person. They have the most wonderful people. I have had the same person on the night shift for 5 nights a week and sometimes she'd even work 7 nights a week. The lady that she takes care of is over a hundred years old. She doesn't like changes. They have really provided the same people. It's just amazing to see the difference between the agencies. When there has been a problem that the nurse has had to cancel, they have always come through. They have done it just so expertly. I am just so totally amazed with the difference.

January 07, 2013

By Cathy14

I knew Judy and when we had a family medical emergency with my father and we needed somebody on a Sunday, out of the clear blue, she came to mind first. Catalina was actually fabulous. My dad has Alzhiemer's but very highly functioning. He ended up in a hospital not knowing who he was, where he was and they were sending him to my house and I knew we needed 24-hour care for him. He couldn't stand and he couldn't sit. It was tremendously urgent and I called them on a Sunday. Even though it was on a Sunday, they took care of everything. The people that they sent to us were above what we expected. They exceeded our expectations in all aspects. They really saved our lives at that point.

January 07, 2013

By Loretta1

I've been satisfied with the service I've been getting from Catalina. I think the caregivers are alright. I like to be warm and they like to be cool. That's a little bit of a problem but we work it out together. They do provide me good care. They cook my meal. They help me get washed and dressed. I have been using them for a long time.

January 03, 2013

By Evan1

Almost all of the caregivers they sent us over the course of the last 4 years had been wonderful. My mother's old and so she liked the older women better than the younger ones. But as far as the care that she got, I think it was absolutely excellent from each of them. We're still using them at present but to a much lesser degree. We had to move my mother to an assisted living home. We had one lady from Catalina who became really good friends with mom, she still comes twice a week and 6 hours each day.

January 03, 2013

My dad's doctor recommended Catalina to us. Generally, their service is good. Most of them are good. There are a couple of caregivers that I would consider excellent. The caregivers were helping my dad with companionship, cooking and bathing. I do most of the shopping. Judith, the owner was excellent. I had a meeting with her and I like her.

From Catalina In-Home Services

PROFESSIONAL CARING

Catalina In-Home Services is the 1st locally-owned home care service in Tucson. Catalina is the leading provider of professional, compassionate, trustworthy personal care and support services for clients in the comfort of their homes for more than thirty years. Every client is treated like family.

Catalina's professional caregivers can be scheduled to work with clients in the home, in hospitals, in nursing homes or in assisted living facilities. Catalina's nurse will evaluate individual needs, recommend appropriate services, develop a personalized plan and a schedule will be tailored to each client's needs.

Catalina's nurse makes regular visits to clients, coordinating team conferences and maintaining communication with the client's caregivers and physicians, often preventing unnecessary hospitalization for the client. On request, the nurse will communicate with family members, client representatives as well as with physicians. The nurse is available around the clock for consultations or notification of changes in health status of the client.

Supportive Services

• Long-term care
  • Post hospital care
  • Intermittent care
  • Respite care

In addition to the tasks provided in Supportive Services above, a Certified Nursing Assistant or Nursing Assistant will provide any or all of the following services:

• Bathing and Grooming
  • Post Hospitalization
  • End-of-Life Care
  • Exercise Assistance

Sleepover Services

The caregiver will assist with evening needs, will sleep in the home and will assist the client the following morning to begin his or her day.

Live-In Services

Caregiver will remain in a client's home for 24 hours a day, sleeping in the client's home. Live-in services include supportive services and personal care.

Medication Management Services

Medication management includes any or all of the following:

• Put medications in pill organizers
  • Order/re-order prescriptions
  • Prescription pick-up and delivery
  • Educate client in importance of medication compliance
  • Simplify the medication list on hospital discharge

Photos of Catalina In-Home Services