Friends of the Family

Contact Now

Reviews of Friends of the Family

Lisa24 May 22, 2013

I've been working with Friends of the Family for about two months now. But we're in the midst of changing agencies because we've had some disagreements with them about costs.

robert17 March 21, 2013

We chose Friends of the Family for the main reason that they have services for care that would only come out for an hour. The caregiver is wonderful. She and my mother absolutely love each other, basically. The caregiver basically looks at my Mom like she was her own mother while my mom loves her like a daughter and it's really nice. I cannot say anything bad about the company. The caregiver and my mom get along great and it's wonderful that they have bonded very well.

From Friends of the Family

Friends of the Family was founded by Geoff Scott, a surgical nurse, in memory of his grandmother.

Our company's goal is to provide superb, compassionate, dependable and affordable in-home care for peace of mind for our patients as well as for their families.

Our phones are answered by our own staff 24/7--including weekends and holidays--to address any situation, and we guarantee that all scheduled shifts will begin on time. What sets Friends of the Family apart from other home health care companies is our dedication to go above and beyond in every aspect of care and service. We go to the hospital upon admission or shortly afterwards to personally coordinate care between doctors, nursing staff, social workers and the family. Our services do not stop at personal care; we also leave the patient with a sparkling clean house.

• Prevent early institution of a loved one "“ respite care for family members
  • Assist with tasks of daily living "“ bathing, incontinence care, meal preparation, housekeeping, shopping, transportation, pet care,....
  • Dementia/Alzheimer's "“ companionship and mental stimulation wandering/injury monitoring
  • Medical equipment "“ alarms, beds, shower chairs,...
  • Hourly/24 hour care
  • Check-in/monitoring-blood pressure and sugar monitoring
  • Post-surgical care "“ wound care, dressing changes, medication dispensing, catheter care, ...

Our mission is to provide assisted living services with integrity and honesty.

Caregiver Information

Caregiver Skills Include:

Ethics, Patient Transfers, Grief Issues, Family Communication, Transition Issues, Communicating with Dementia Patients

Caregivers employed, bonded and insured: Yes
Caregivers available 24 hours a day: Yes
Available to assisted living facility: Yes
RN on Staff: Yes