Better Healthcare

Overview of Ratings

4.9

November 10, 2015

By onecrazysituation

We had tried another company and the consistency was absent, as were the caretakers skills. Once we found Better Healthcare, our wishes and comfort and skill level surpassed the others. We are truly grateful to have given this company the trust to take care of my beautiful Mother. The difference lies within communication and training of the Aides. If you are seeking assistance with a loved one during trying and desperate medical situations, this company takes a genuine interest in your needs.

October 25, 2015

Better Healthcare is wonderful. They put everything together very quickly. They prepare some stuff in the morning and help me get out of bed, bathed and dressed, and get me in my chair. They take care of laundry, straighten up the room, and make my bed. They’re caring and nurturing. I do not have any complaints.

May 14, 2015

We had Better Healthcare for six weeks seven hours a day. They were good. We didn't like the first one, so we got a second one, which we really liked. We were satisfied.

February 04, 2015

By JennaP

Having to get a caregiver was a difficult decision for me because I am so young. Amy, however, reassured me, making the decision so much easier. She came to my home and explained how a caregiver would enhance my quality of life. I felt very comfortable with Amy after we talked for a while. She was extremely compassionate and diligent in finding the right caregiver for me and didn't stop until we found the perfect fit. I look forward to the days my caregiver comes as she has become a part of my family. I know if there is anything I need, I can call the office and speak to Amy, Jay or any other staff member at Better Healthcare and I will be taken care of right away and treated with respect and dignity. This was a life changing decision I am so happy and thankful I made! Thank you Better Healthcare for giving me my life back! ~ Jenna

Jenna, Thank you so much for this testimonial. We at Better Healthcare are so happy to have become a positive force in your life! It's what we work for each day. Jay

January 07, 2015

By purple42

I would highly recommend Better Healthcare. The level of service is top notch. They are providing my Dad with 24 hour in home care. My Dad, who is 90, had been living on his own and doing well - until he got very sick. He was able to go home, after a month in rehab. I called Better Healthcare and they provided 24 hour care the minute my Dad came home. The care takers are able to take my Dad to all his doctor appointments. The level of care they have provided for my Dad has given me the best piece of mind. I know that my Dad is in really good hands every day and they do everything for my Dad.

January 06, 2015

By BScheinman

I am a Medical Social Worker in California who helps people hire caregivers in my state. My 89 year old mother in Florida had been very active until this past month when she fell ill and was in need of assistance at home after being hospitalized. Better Healthcare was recommended to me, and now I can see why. From my first phone call with Jay at Better Healthcare, my fears were put at ease and I knew my mother would be in good hands and very professional care. His knowledge and support was very reassuring to a daughter 3,000 miles from her elderly mother. My mother has now been cared for by a Better Healthcare caregiver for 8 days. To be honest, my mother had given up and was not able to handle her loss of independence. I believed we were going to lose her because of her resulting depression and failure to thrive. However, the change in my mother these last few days has been remarkable, which I entirely attribute to the patience, compassion, respect, and most of all exemplary care that the Better Healthcare provider has given her. The mixture of encouragement and comforting understanding made my mother feel she could get better. And more than anything, she felt safe again, no longer fearful in her residence, a fear that had overwhelmed her. My mother's daily visits to the emergency room in a panic stopped entirely. The caregiver made suggestions that have increased my mother's strength and confidence. And although my mother may never be fully independent again, she no longer resents this because she genuinely likes her caregiver so much. For me, so far away, it has been wonderful to have a partner in this caregiver who coordinates all of my mother's needs with me (so my mother can't fool either one of us!) and updates me with very crucial information. From my own professional perspective, I have never worked with an agency owner that is so accessible (Jay is always available!), a caregiver who is so excellent and caring at her job, and an agency that better demonstrates what healthcare should be about. I guess that is where they got their name from. It is not just a name, it is a fact. Thank You, Better Healthcare, from my whole family.

December 09, 2014

By michaelj63

I interviewed this provider

Jay and Amy of Better Healthcare bring a sincere, caring, personable & thorough approach to providing the care your loved one needs and you expect. Jay's experience allows him to assess your specific situation with your best interests at heart. I sleep better at night knowing my dad is very well cared for and should I have any quesitons, the answer is only a phone call away.

October 31, 2014

By Penny9

I cannot say enough or express how grateful I am to have found Better Healthcare for the care of my dear parents. It has been an extremely dramatic experience but we had very professional and personable help from team "Jay and Amy".

October 29, 2014

By RickCarl

I have been so pleased with the level of care this company provides my parents. This is the only nurse registry in the area that actually produces what they promise!!

October 29, 2014

By Debra41

They sent me amazingly, wonderful people. Dad's comfort and care was their first priority. We were also working with another company, but there was a SNAFU and they wound up not sending anybody. I called Amy in a panic at Better Healthcare, and she sent someone out; within an hour, I had help. Anytime I had a question, they were immediately responded with an answer that I could understand. Even with insurance questions that really didn't pertain to them, they had so much knowledge that they were great to talk to. I found some ideas from them, too. We heard them from every day. We had 4-hour shifts, and they help moving my dad around. When the weather was nice, they would walk them in the wheelchair, bathing, going to the bathroom, dressing and getting them ready for bed, and putting him into bed. I would highly recommend them.

Debra, Thanks for the input. Families must realize that providing care is not a perfect science. However, if we put the clients needs first - then we have done our job right and things will go well...

October 22, 2014

By mardo6725

Better Health Care was very responsive to our immediate need for care givers for my parents. They were very clear in their requirements and expectations and were sensitive to our needs. Whenever we called, someone either took our call immediately or returned the call in a timely fashion. The care givers that we utilized were professional and demonstrated a caring nature. I would unequivocally recommend their services.

April 17, 2014

By Jump joy

Awesome!!! I have used this agency a few times for my mother. All of the caregivers were compassionate, caring, always on time, and friendly. They called me just to let me know that mom was having a good day. Great communication with all of their staff!! I highly recommend this company!!

February 14, 2014

By bdubner

I am a physician and I see aides working with clients everyday in the office. There are some interactions that are less than pleasant. When my brother, who was severely autistic with very limited communication skills, became suddenly ill and needed a caretaker, I was very concerned. The aide that we used through Better Healthcare was fantastic. She was on time, professional and warm and made my brother extremely comfortable. The staff at Better Healthcare was easy to work with and helped me in so many ways during this really painful time. I can't recommend them enough or thank them enough.

February 13, 2014

By Arlene chicago

Better Healthcare is fantastic. I worked with another agency that was not responsive, and then threatened to report me to social services when I did not immediately agree to 24/7 services for my mother. I turned to Better Healthcare then and they are providing the 24/7 services. They oversee everything and are always available. When I call with a problem or question, they either have an answer or find one. They supervise the aides; when there is a problem, the find a better match. The aide we have now is wonderful. There was I continuity with the other agency. I highly recommend better home healthcare. Jay and Amy will ease the difficulties of caring for an elderly parent, especially from a distance.

Thanks Arlene, When caring for a client who’s family is far away we do everything we can to be the “boots on the ground”. It was a pleasure caring for your mother, she was very special.

January 22, 2014

By CMDCPA

Better Healthcare nursing aides were professional with the care of my father battling cancer. They were attentive and made him very comfortable. We used four aides a week and each one of them was great. Thank you for helping us with this difficult time in our lives. Christine

Dear Christine, Thanks for your kind words. As we care for our clients near the end of life we work extra hard to keep the patient comfortable and their families at ease.

From Better Healthcare

As a licensed and insured provider of home care services, we witness firsthand the challenges so many families face as they find themselves thrown into turmoil when a loved-one suffers a decline in health. Families find a long-term care system that is completely fragmented and many times doesn’t provide a comprehensive solution for care.

At Better Healthcare LLC your family will be dealing directly with the owners and operators who have more then 30 years experience coordinating care in the geriatric industry. Each client is evaluated thoroughly allowing us the insight into whom would best care for your loved-one. Better Healthcare LLC is passionate about effective communication, call us and experience the difference!

Every caregiver utilized by Better Healthcare LLC is either fully licensed and/or certified, and have been trained in accordance with the Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA) in Florida. In addition all caregivers are fully reference checked and pass the level 2 background screening in accordance with Florida law.

Our rates are as reasonable as any in the industry, while paying our caregivers the fairest compensation as well. Better Healthcare LLC will never compromise on quality. Continuity is essential for those whom are not well enough to care for themselves.

Our services are offered in the following counties: Broward, Palm Beach, Martin, St. Lucie, Indian River, as well as Escambia, Santa Rosa, Okaloosa, and Walton.

Medical Services include:

RN, LPN, CNA

All Nurses are skilled in:
  • Alzheimer’s and Dementia
  • Special Skin Care
  • Medication Assistance
  • Assistance with Home Exercise
  • Home Medical Testing and Measurements
  • All ADL’s such as Grooming, Bathing, Toileting, Functional Transfers, and Ambulation
Non Medical Services include:
  • Transportation to and from appointments as well as to social activities, family events, stores and more
  • Medication reminders
  • Meal planning and preparation
  • Companionship and conversation
  • Accompaniment clients on walks and recreation
  • Shopping and running of errands
  • Light housekeeping and laundry
  • Changing bed linens
  • Arranging of appointments
  • Mental stimulation and activity
  • Assistance with writing letters, email, and cards
  • Assistance with pets
  • Attention to and monitoring of general well-being
  • Respite for family and other caregivers

Photos of Better Healthcare