Home Instead Senior Care - Statesville, NC

Reviews of Home Instead Senior Care - Statesville, NC

matttansky June 10, 2016

Great care for my dad

ddavis02 June 10, 2016

Everyone is VERY responsive to any questions, concerns or changes that may arise. The patient's needs are the primary concern.

captburksgirl June 10, 2016

You moved very quickly to help us in an emergency situation and you were very flexible with our needs in a very stressful and rough time. Emily was a joy and I was very comfortable knowing she was with my Dad taking care of him. You kept me up to date all the time on what was going on and had a great communication system to let us know how he did each day. You also alerted me to anything I needed be aware of regarding his surroundings or actions.

carolsirspeedy June 10, 2016

The care is so awesome. Our care giver treats my husband with the utmost of kindness.She is professional in a loving sort of way.Her encouragement and help has improved his all round health and attitude in dealing with every day challenges.Knowing she is there brightening his day has also benefited my soul.Peace of mind during the day makes our family life whole again.

rsafriet June 10, 2016

Professionalism & genuine care

dhill50 June 10, 2016

I appreciate the professional and caring staff. It is a comfort for me to know my mother will be safe with her needs met.

barker8126 June 10, 2016

I needed HELP and HI answered the call. I appreciated the caregivers taking care of me.

mjfinan June 10, 2016

Very dedicated and professional staff!

Anonymous West May 23, 2016

I love this Company and the people that work for them. They do a great job with my mother. I especially love how the young lady Jessica answers the phone and is always happy. It helps to brighten my day. I recommend them to all of my friends.

ReviewerNRUHY May 11, 2016

Excellent care. Mae is super and her help makes it possible to keep our loved one at home.

Bertha Summerville May 11, 2016

We are very pleased with the service Home Instead is providing for us. Nichole our caregiver is very competent. She helps me both here at home and at the gym with the machines.

DAUEBUA May 11, 2016

Home Instead was very dependable.

ReviewerXJCAF May 11, 2016

I have had two different caregivers. Traci, the first is without a doubt, a beautiful caregiver. Her smile is great and she does things for me. The thing she wants to do and loves doing things for me. Jessica, my second caregiver was next to my side at all times. She was there doing things before I asked. Can't say enough about either. Both are super.

Pattie T April 27, 2016

Dear Creighton and Tracey, Although it has been some time since we worked with Home Instead, I wanted to write and say thank you for all your help when I needed it with my father. The caregivers you selected both during the time he was able to stay in his home and when he needed extra attention at the facility, were all so helpful and took such good care of him. Hollace and Jackie made it possible for him to be at home longer and after all that time they both came to his funeral. Nancy and Amber came to the facility and sat with him through some transitional times in his illness. You and Home Instead provide a valuable and much needed service for the community. I am grateful. I would recommend you to anyone who asks. Pattie T

Reviewer126243150 March 31, 2016

Phyllis has been a real asset here in this home. She helps with Larry's personal care and tends to his feet. She is compassionate, caring and polite. She also helps with his meals and some house keeping tasks.

Esther Cole1 February 29, 2016

The caregivers are always on time, courteous, willing to do anything I need done, efficient, friendly and competent. Having someone come every Friday for three hours, changing my bed, going grocery shopping with me, carrying everything and putting items away is a great help to me. I am 91 and live alone.

Bert Sammerville February 29, 2016

I would be happy to recommend Home Instead to my friends and family. My personal caregiver is a lovely young woman who is very involved in my well being.

Donna Chubb February 27, 2016

Scarlet is an excellent caregiver. She is great at communicating with my father. She has experience with older people and does not treat them like children. She follows directions well and is very thorough. She has good people skills and shows interest in their personal lives.

Donna Abercrombie February 26, 2016

Provider is conscientious, trustworthy and needs little directions. She takes it upon herself to know what to do. She is likeable and creative in how she connects with the patient.

Carol Shaw February 26, 2016

Our parents had wonderful, caring providers from Home Instead. We are very grateful for your services!

Joseph49 January 26, 2016

My experience with Home Instead Senior Care so far has been positive. I don't have any complaints. We're using them in a very limited way. They come once a week for three hours to do some cleaning, and light housekeeping. What impressed me was they were very proactive in reaching out to us, and they had good phone manners. They seemed interested in coming down to visit, and find out about our needs.

Delores E. October 01, 2015

Everyone I've come in contact with and your company is really great. It has made the adjustment in our lives much easier.

Evelyn Goodin September 30, 2015

Great service and great people. Everyone we dealt with from this office was caring, professional, courteous, and timely in handling questions and in scheduling someone to come. We would definitely recommend them to anyone needing care for a loved one.

Linda115010950 August 06, 2015

I am so glad that we chose Home Instead. I have been favorably impressed with everyone and the jobs they have done since my initial contact with Kim and her help through the initiation phase as well as Chreighton the owner and his dedication to the kind of job that his company does for its clients. Then, Nurse Jody for getting us all set and responding to new needs that arose shortly after my mom moved in and Ashley for fielding all my questions and walking us through how to handle new events that don't come up until the weekends and the others with whom I've talked when I've needed to call the office.

All of the caregivers are wonderful, and each brings her own special touch to the care plan. However, I do want to highlight two out-of-the-ordinary acts of kindness and taking the initiative since my mom moved to a facility that have made a huge difference:

On a Monday, I had come to visit my mom until Tuesday evening to get some last pictures hung and got to the facility's Family Council and return to Raleigh. While my mom was at supper, she had a severe allergy reaction and was leaving the dining room. Traci was sitting outside on a bench waiting for her client to finish dinner when my mom asked her how to get to the elevator. We had seen Traci in the hallway a few times the first week my mom was there. But for Traci's quick thinking and reacting to see if it was OK with her client eating dinner for her to walk my mom to her room, and my happening to be waiting in the room, it is my belief that someone would have found my mom passed out on the floor. She was so weak and shaking that even if she had found the elevator, she would have never made it to the room on her own. Thank you Traci! We are so sorry that our needing to move the night schedule earlier conflicted with your current schedule. We will miss you!

The following Sunday, I was updating Elizabeth on my mom's back condition and hoped that there would be a maintenance person on duty on the weekend to fix the microwave so that I could heat the buckheat warmer to put heat therapy on the back all along. When I returned from early church, my mom told me that the maintenance man had come to look at the microwave. I went on downstairs to check with the front desk and/or maintenance to see what they thought about getting it fixed or getting a "loaner" until it could be fixed. Then I asked John (maintenance) if his magically checking the microwave in that apartment that morning had been psychic communication, regular maintenance schedule, or just how he came to check it at that time. Well, he said that my mom's caregiver saw him in the hall that morning as she was leaving and asked him where a work order could be placed to have the microwave checked because it was needed. He told the caregiver that he would check on it. A "loaner" was sitting on the cabinet when I got back to the room. It has been often used to keep the heat therapy going on the back. Thank you, Elizabeth! We will miss you while you are on vacation.

K Overcash May 28, 2015

This firm is only a temp service under a care giver's name. Our experience was a revolving door of people who had just started with the firm, one who barely spoke English returning to Africa the next week, one with no car that we had to take home at the end of the shift, - to mention only a few. There was no consistency in the care givers. The nurses responsible for introducing the new care givers would lead them to my parent's home and then drive away without entering the house. This was not what we expected at all. My mother has Alzheimer's and routine and constant care is very important in her daily life.
I would not recommend them to any one.

Caring105151950 May 11, 2015

We are using Home Instead's caretakers, and they're fabulous. They're excellent and professional. We're glad we chose them. The one thing that really stands out is that they took our caretaker and trained her for days to do things the proper way. 24 hours a day, if there was a problem, you could call them. Their bills are on time and correct. They're so good with my mother-in-law. Even the nurse that comes is terrific.

Linda Wilhelm March 31, 2015

Everyone was really kind and caring with my mom. I really appreciate the care given to us during and after my surgery. Thank you! Special thanks to Sylvia !!!

Esther Cole March 20, 2015

Helpers are always on time, pleasant to have around and willing to do anything I need.

Daniel Rodola February 20, 2015

Tracy is simply the best! She is caring, efficient, dependable. We couldn't ask for a better friendly-caregiver.

Margaret103496550 December 28, 2014

I would like to recommend Home Instead to anyone who needs help at home. Debbie is the representative who comes 3 days a week to help me with so many things. She is a very great help to me. She's a happy person and goes about her work quickly. I look forward to her coming.

Rodney2 August 18, 2014

Thank you Home Instead for the help you provided for my dad!

Robert96138550 July 19, 2014

Shay and Amy are top notch! I was very comfortable with Dad's care and so was he. Thanks a million.

belindab March 04, 2014

Home Instead Senior Care is a very professionally run home care organization that truly cares about the welfare of their clients. After my mother had several falls, the last being a fractured pelvis, I was faced with the responsibility to get help for my mother. She was in much pain and unable to be left alone. After asking a nurse in the Statesville area, and asking another professional in the health care field, I was advised that Home Instead would be an excellent choice for home care. After making an appointment with Home Instead, I realized I would be unable to leave my mother to go to their office. The owner actually came to my mother's house to explain the services that were offered. That was 5 months ago, and I have nothing but praise for the staff and the owners of the company. Its is a very qualified staff and everyone is very friendly and pleasant. They have the most up-to-date technology available in the health care field. They are always able to help you with any questions or issues you may have. If you truly want the best care or your loved one, I would highly recommend Home Instead Senior Care. You will be able to rest assured that you have given your family member the best care possible.

Caring75042150 December 13, 2013

Mom started with Home Instead a week after my online inquiry. The first week they had someone else, the second week they had this woman and she has been there since then. My mom just praises her caregiver all the time. When I’m there, the caregiver is very polite to me. I spoke to her and told her not to take my mom to the grocery often and everything had been better. There was an instance where I called but it was hard for them to answer my questions. It took two days for them to leave a message. I called back at night and they said they will call me in the morning. But it was a day after that somebody got hold of me.

RBr November 25, 2013

Our relationship with Home Instead Senior care is great! Our caregiver is professional, compassionate, caring, responsible, considerate and a very hard worker. She is making a difference in allowing my dad to be able to stay in our family home and we are so thankful to have her. We know that if ever there is a time she is not available, that we will have another qualified, trustworthy, caring person to fill in for her. Thank you Home Instead for being there for us!!

Ashley7 June 07, 2013

We chose to hire the services of Home Instead Senior Care for my grandfather because of the reputation they had for being the best at what they did. When they came out to talk to us, they listened to what we were looking for and what my grandfather's needs were. The caregiver they sent was absolutely wonderful and she became like part of the family. If for some reason she couldn't be there, we knew that they would send an equally capable person to care for him. I felt that the caregiver and my grandfather matched perfectly and we have been nothing but pleased.

joeysue March 10, 2012

My father is a current client of Home Instead Senior Care, Statesville, NC. I am an RN with extensive home care and long term care experience and evaluated many home care providers before choosing Home Instead for my Dad. I couldn't be more pleased with their level of integrity and quality of care. The management staff is extremely professional and compassionate, providing very timely response to service requests. My Dad receives Home Health Aide and Companion Services 7 days per week, and has had the same caregiver since start of service almost 2 months ago. Their quality of care and level of communication & oversight is excellent - I can't speak highly enough of this organization. I rest much easier knowing that my Dad is in their reliable care.

Shaggyzack March 07, 2012

There are constant changes in caregivers with this office. Multiple times they have had new or substitute caregivers show up in the morning and come into the house with my parent asleep without notifying anyone. That has been very disturbing to me and my parent as they wake up to see a stranger in their house. Part of their service is to provide meals, but they send caregivers that don't know how to cook and admit they do no screening to verify if their caregivers can cook. There is no education on normal dietary needs of older people, such as how to provide low sodium or diabetic meals. One caregiver did not even know what a carbohydrate was and was serving potato soup, potato salad, baked potatoes, mashed potatoes, cornbread, etc at most every meal to a diabetic. Poor caregivers are just cycled on to someone else...maybe you. They do not ask you about making changes in caregivers or review potential caregivers with you to, they just make changes as they see fit, and state if you don't like them let us know and we will send someone else. Your loved one does not want a constant changing of people coming in to help them take baths, dress, and see them nude. Our loved ones, however fragile, still have some dignity. This office does not treat them that way. This office requires that payment for their bill be received 10 days after they mail it. Meaning, you have to write a check and get it back in the mail within 1 day, since a weekend will occur during that time. If two weekends are in that 10 day period you will have to drive to their office and take it to them for it to get there within those 10 days, or they charge late fees. If you decide to use them, someone needs to go the the home EVERY day to check on your loved one. Read the client log EVERY day. Talk to your loved one and make sure that what they are writing in the log is true. Sometimes it is not. The caregivers will put down what they were supposed to do, but that is not always what happened. Sometimes they actually do tell the truth, and it can be shocking. I recommend finding another option besides this company if it is at all possible.

awatson February 02, 2012

Was like a revolving door of employees.

From Home Instead Senior Care - Statesville, NC

Home Instead - Caregiver Skills

Features of Home Instead Senior Care - Statesville, NC

Agency Type

• Full-service agency. (We directly employ the caregivers we work with.)

• Companion care

Screening

• We interview every team member in person
  • We check references
  • We check driving records
  • We confirm legal U.S. residency
  • We require drug screenings

Training

• Staff members receive ongoing/continuing training

Training Areas

• Family Communication
  • Transition Issues
  • Memory Care

Payment details

• We handle payroll, benefits, and taxes for our caregivers

Bonded/insured

• Our business is bonded and insured

Business Address