Family Home Care

Top nearby In-Home Care Services

Reviews of Family Home Care

-Tony September 09, 2016

I have 2 caregivers from Family Home. I have them everyday for 4 hours. The caregivers have been doing good in taking care of me. They do what I ask and I have no problem with them. It takes a long time to get hold of someone every time I call the office. This is really something that they should improve on.

-Marla August 30, 2016

I've had a very positive experience with Family Home Care. They’ve been very responsive to all of my concerns. I think they do a very good job. The caregivers are very professional. They help my dad with his daily needs without making him feel like an incapacitated person.

Jane01 August 09, 2016

I love my caregiver from Family Home Care. She is just excellent. She does everything for me. I am a disabled person. She helped me with my shower, meals, housekeeping and many other things.

Lou604204 June 30, 2016

The caregivers from Family Home Care are very good and very caring towards my mom. They comfort her and treats her well. There were times that I can’t get through when I call the office. They seemed busy but when I get though, they always attend to my questions. Overall, I’m happy with Family Home Care.

Anonymous545556 June 23, 2016

Our experience with Family Home Care has been very pleasant. For the most part, the caregivers are excellent. Our caregiver right now is Aubrey and she’s doing a great job. She’s very caring and attentive. We appreciate the help we’ve gotten, a lot.

From Family Home Care

Family Home Care has been providing in-home health care services to residents of Eastern Washington and Northern Idaho for nearly 50 years. Today it continues to be locally owned and operated, right here in the Inland Northwest.

Our professional team is dedicated to your satisfaction and well being. With a staff of over 200 employees, FHC is ready to meet your needs, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. All patient care is supervised by healthcare professionals and registered nurses to guarantee you receive the best care possible.

All care is provided one-on-one in your home by carefully selected Home health Aides. Numbering over 200, all Family Home Care staff are licensed, trained, and meet rigorous background checks and qualifications. We have Nurses on staff to help manage cases and delegate tasks to our skilled caregivers.

When it comes to the little extra help and assistance, our Home Care Services are there to help out. We love what we do and it shows.

We develop a personalized care plan specific to you or your family member. All care is available when you need it, from just a few hours a month, to 24 hours a day! Home Care services may include:

• Personal Care: From bathing assistance, dressing, to assisting with grooming and toileting with dignity and skill to help keep you feeling and looking your best!
  • Transportation: Appointments, errands, visiting, or just a nice drive - we can do it!
  • Medication Assistance: Reduce medication errors, and get the help needed to assure compliance
  • Meal Preparation: Good nutrition is a common need of seniors - let us take care of the menu planning, shopping for the ingredients, preparation, and clean up! You've earned it!
  • Light Housekeeping: Laundry, dishes, bathrooms, vacuuming, changing linens, making the bed, and general housekeeping is all included!
  • Pet Walking and Care: When these special companions are also needing attention and assistance, we are there for them as well!
  • Assistance with Exercise Programs: Whether your own routine or one provided by a Physical Therapist, we'll ensure you are safe and confident to keep yourself fit or to recover as needed!
  • Transferring and Positioning: We'll ensure that you can safely transfer as needed. For those who are receiving care while confined to a bed, we'll help make sure you are comfortable and avoid skin breakdown.
  • Companionship: Assist with reading, conversation, participation in crafts or games, helping with mail, maintaining a calendar, and being there to touch with a holistic approach to care.
  • Nurse Delegated Care: Catheter care, ostomy care, more intensive medication assistance, bowel programs and wound care - all overseen by our on-staff team of Registered Nurses.
  • Respite Care: Sometimes your family is the one who we care for by allowing them a break or vacation which can greatly reduce their stress and burnout. Even if it is just once a week for a worry free break - we can be there taking care of you!

We understand how important independence and quality of life is to you and your loved ones! If you or someone you love needs care today, please call to schedule a free in-home assessment to answer any questions and to see why FHC is right for you.

Features of Family Home Care

• We have male caregivers/companions

Travel

• Travel: Staff will travel 30+ miles to provide care

Screening

• We interview every team member in person
  • We check references
  • We ensure that our team members are immunized for influenza, hepatitis b, tuberculosis, and other communicable diseases
  • We check driving records
  • We confirm legal U.S. residency
  • We require fingerprint-based background check
  • We require drug screenings
  • We check sexual offender databases

Training Areas

• Patient Transfers
  • Stress Management
  • Family Communication
  • Transition Issues
  • Memory Care
  • Ethics
  • Validation Techniques
  • Training areas extra: We have over 100 classes for our caregivers and require at least 12 each year.

Payment options

• Insurance
  • Credit card
  • Check

Payment details

• We handle payroll, benefits, and taxes for our caregivers

Bonded/insured

• Our business is bonded and insured

Business Address