Home Instead Senior Care - Skokie, IL

Reviews of Home Instead Senior Care - Skokie, IL

January 18, 2017

By Dave268

Home Instead does a great job for my mother. We have live in care from them.

November 10, 2016

By ilesofsmiles

Can't say enough about Home Instead!!! My family and Mother always felt so safe when one of their staff was in our home. The way they introduce new staff members to your home and loved one is truly unique and really should be the standard of how it's done in the industry. They always went out of their way to try to find the same caregiver again and again for our Mom. This made her feel very comfortable about having in-home care. She (Flora) built a great relation ship with my mom and even loved our pets, although she was allergic. We can't thank her and the other great caregivers enough for their great care and loving kindness. Highly recommended. The ILES Family in Skokie

August 30, 2016

By Eliza E

Administration is excellent. Individual caregivers range from good to excellent. Some take more initiative than others. Important to be sensitive to privacy and dignity of the client.

March 24, 2016

By John & Gloria Kromer

Home Instead LaGrange and Skokie, IL For nearly four years the care giving services provided by these two branches of Home Instead provided absolutely outstanding service for our mentally ill nephew who recently passed away. Both Mike of LaGrange and Gloria of Skokie were most loving and caring during each of their two to three per week visits and outings with Stephen. Mike was like a good big brother to him and Gloria like a loving mother. The administrative aspect of our experience was also consistently excellent with quick response times and crisp on target communication. We recommend Home Instead without reservation and wish you the very best as you seek help for your loved one.

March 01, 2016

By Excellent Care

Home Instead consistently provides high quality, caring, supportive, well-trained caregivers for in-home care and companionship. I have used their (non-nursing) services for my Mom for more than three years and been fortunate to have worked with a great team of caregivers during this time through various stages of my Mom's healthcare issues. The office staff, supervisors, client services director and everyone supporting the caregivers has been great to work with, caring, helpful, responsive weekdays and weekends, great communication, follow-up and follow-through - frankly, all the things we need to ensure support and companionship for my Mom. I highly recommend this organization.

November 24, 2015

By John Cason

Our mother's Home Instead provider, "Nana", is reliable, patient and a wonderful companion who our mother looks forward to seeing 5 days a week. The office is great about communication with us and this year we purchased a brick at our motherÕs home recognizing Nana for all she does.

September 30, 2015

By Sam22

All of the caregivers provided for my mom have been caring and competent. There is a tremendous sense of relief knowing she has someone with her on weekdays when we daughters have to work. Maria is awesome. She is really a professional and special person.

September 30, 2015

By Sarah T. Cobb

Home Instead was very careful and sensitive when it comes to finding just the right person for my mother. Home Instead is meticulous about keeping me informed of any changes in the schedule. I also appreciate the helpful suggestions that have been offered.

September 23, 2015

By June and Marc Michaelson

Best ever! They really care for me!

September 16, 2015

By Norbert Simon

I would like better consistency with caregivers. I observed too many turnovers. I do have good working relationship with the admin staff. They are responsive to my questions.

August 31, 2015

By Edith Ballin

Home Instead provides excellent senior care.

August 25, 2015

By Phil Miglioratti

My 92 year old father had an emergency stay at the hospital and I needed immediate round-the-clock coverage for my mother (my parents live at home) and then both of them when my dad was released. Karen and her staff hit a home run by providing the care my parents needed with a team of A+ TLC care-givers. What a relief ... And what a blessing!

July 01, 2013

By Cathy W

I can't say enough good things about Home Instead. We used Home Instead for my sister who is quadriplegic. We were very nervous about leaving her alone in the hospital. As a geriatric professional who has used many agencies for my clients I choose Home Instead form my family. They were kind, compassionale and very professional. I was able to sleep good knowing they were there. They exceeded my expectations!!!

From Home Instead Senior Care - Skokie, IL

Home Instead Senior Care can help with compassionate, home elder care services delivered right in your loved one's home. Whether a few hours a day or long-term care 24 hours a day, a CAREGiver can assist you. All CAREGivers are thoroughly screened, extensively trained, insured and bonded, matched to your preferences, professional and reliable.

Home Instead Senior Care understands that making the decision to use outside help for caring for an elderly loved one is difficult. That's why we provide a wealth of senior care resources and Alzheimer's and dementia care resources for you to consider.

Home Instead Senior Care offers a wide variety of services, which may grow to include activities and support that are unique to you and your elderly loved one's needs.

Call us to arrange a FREE in-home consultation.
  • Companionship
  • 24 Hours/day, Live In, or just a few hours a week
  • Alzheimer's & Dementia Car
(847) 673-1250 Suburbs
(773) 463-3500 Chicago

About Us: Owners Jackie & Michael Melinger opened their first Home Instead Senior Care office in Skokie, in May of 2001. Soon they expanded, opening additional offices in Park Ridge and Chicago. Home Instead Senior Care is an internationally franchised company based in Omaha, with offices in 15 countries.

Photos of Home Instead Senior Care - Skokie, IL

Features of Home Instead Senior Care - Skokie, IL

Agency Type

• Full Service Agency
  • Agency Extra: Each Home Instead Senior Care Franchise Office Is Independently Owned And Operated.

• Companion Care
  • Range Of Services Extra: Hospice Support, Alzheimer's And Other Dementias Care, Chronic Conditions

Types of care

Training Areas

• Family Communication
  • Transition Issues
  • Memory Care Training
  • Training Areas Extra: The Aging Process, Building Relationships, Alzheimer's Or Other Dementias Care

Payment details