NuevaCare

Reviews of NuevaCare

Overview of Ratings

March 27, 2013

By MJ Hillsborough

My mother fell down about a month ago and broke her pelvic bone. After being released from the hospital she needed care from someone who can be with her during day to just watch over her as she moved around so that she does not take another fall. I called a lot of places and talked to them about her situation and we chose Nuevacare because they were most professional and they were the only one who had a fall prevention program in place and a caregiver trained in that area. When they came to her house for the patient assessment they pointed out a few safety hazards that needed to be fixed to make the house safer for my Mom. We really appreciate their detail level of care and attention to the overall situation. My Mom loves the caregiver they provided her. She's been with my Mom for the past few months and she helps her with shopping, cooking and doing her laundry and above all she's become a good friend to her. The staff is friendly, professional and truly caring. Thank you Nuevacare, we don't know what we would've done without your help.

March 26, 2013

By J and H

NuevaCare really helped me picked the right caregiver match. They were able to recognize what we exactly needed after my hospital stay and the caregiver they provided has been very helpful. I was extremely happy that they picked me up from the hospital after my shoulder surgery and totally took care of me when I was feeling very drowsy from effects of medications. They also picked up my meds at the Kaiser pharmacy and worked with the discharge nurse to handle my discharge process. I am very impressed by the service of the caregiver. She is very knowledgeable and always very courteous and she does our light house cleaning and has learned about the types of foods that we like. She has a very happy and pleasing personality and my husband and I enjoy our time with her. She also helps us with grocery shopping and driving to and from doctors appointments. We are very happy that we picked NuevaCare and we highly recommend them.

From NuevaCare

Aging and living at home is more comfortable and desirable than living anyplace else. At NuevaCare we provide responsive and quality in-home care to those who need help due to old age or recovering from surgery or illness. NuevaCare is a member of Companion Connection Senior Care, a national network of non-medical home care agencies across America, with access to recognized experts in the field of home care and the most current educational resources, which enable us to provide the highest level of care to our clients.

WHY CHOOSE NUEVACARE

• 48 Hour Caregiver Guarantee
  • Free Home Assessment and safety check
  • Our caregivers are trained and certified in partnership with aQuire, an industry-leading training company
  • Our caregivers are our employees and not contractors. We pay for their salaries and federal & state tax deductions
  • We provide liability and non-owned auto insurance coverage for your safety
  • Our caregivers are covered by worker's compensation insurance
  • We run criminal background check and DMV record check on all employees
  • Client confidentiality is top priority
  • Hourly to 24/7 live-in caregivers
  • Online Family Learning Center
  • Exclusive hospital readmission reduction program
  • Scheduling and Client Management

• Respite care
  • Grocery shopping
  • Errands & household duties
  • Transportation
  • Supervise walking and fall prevention
  • Light housekeeping
  • Laundry/ironing & changing bed linens
  • Socialization & companionship
  • Alzheimer's/Dementia support
  • Incontinence support

As a community service NuevaCare provides FREE access to its Family Learning Center which is a vast educational resource for families with a loved one who is beginning to need care. The Family Learning Center offers over 50 courses relating to the roles, responsibilities and challenges surrounding the care of our elderly loved ones. Topics of our family courses range from understanding signs and symptoms of Alzheimer's disease, managing and coping with challenging behaviors, daily care skills, First Aid and even information on how to create engaging activities for your family member.

All of these courses are online, FREE and very easy to use.

Here's how you can access the Family Learning Center:

Contact us and we will provide you with a user name and password to access the Family Learning Center.

Caregiver Information

Caregiver Skills Include:

Ethics, Stress Management, Communicating with Dementia Patients

Caregivers employed, bonded and insured: Yes
Caregivers available 24 hours a day: Yes
Available to assisted living facility: Yes

• Farsi